Darrell Jackson DT commits to Miami

View as article
For all that Mario has done so far, the focus on the Dline is my favorite.

2 DT's drafted from Miami in the last 15 years. 2.​

clems' son has had 2 in the last 3 years.
Is that accurate? Wow smh, Norton and mcintosh were the only 2 I can Remember

Advertisement
Maybe he can re-purpose as a pointer during his slide presentation.

Bob, how are the number this quarter?

Blu, well Sally, I'd say things are looking up.

#ThinkOutsideTheBox
I don't know how well-endowed you think he is, but he's not getting that thing much over the chalk tray. At least not now, Debbie from HR just came in. Woof.

Mostly Florida, but they are getting outside of the state. I went to one in Greenville, SC, but I think it closed. My brother who lives in Charlotte got super-excited that they recently opened some new locations near where he lives.
Yeah, I'm a fan. Been one since college. There's a couple other fast casual tex-mex places that are decent but the big national chains (chipotle and moe's) are not particularly great IMO.

Anyways...back to DT talk. I won't drive another thread into discussions on food.

The game has moved more to the spread. However, one thing has not changed. The game is truly won in the trenches. Mario seems like he knows that's where you need to really focus your attention. OL and DL upgrades all over.
Defensive line play has gotten even more important in the age of spread offenses. You can no longer allocate extra linebackers in the box because offenses spread you out so much. You NEED defensive linemen that can control the line of scrimmage against the run and rush the passer without extra blitz help.

Advertisement
Defensive line play has gotten even more important in the age of spread offenses. You can no longer allocate extra linebackers in the box because offenses spread you out so much. You NEED defensive linemen that can control the line of scrimmage against the run and rush the passer without extra blitz help.
☝🏾☝🏾☝🏾🎯

Is that accurate? Wow smh, Norton and mcintosh were the only 2 I can Remember

Were both Norton & McIntosh actually drafted? (vs being signed later to a practice squad?) I seem to remember that both were not but I could be mistaken. (my memory is vague on this-lol)

Guess u r finally out of your attention craving nutshell. Failed dunk attempt? U mean when u were saying days ago that we had to be cautious cause he's a north Florida kid? He committed that same day by the way. Atleast I think that's what u said cause I didn't read anything through. I don't even speak on this too tough unless I get bored or just ain't in the mood for stupidity. Only thing I said on this was several days ago we added one more transfer. But u win cribby. I see how much that matters to u. Lol
Whats funny is people say the same about you loving attention , and are always pm’ing or texting me why is Dee always on your nuts? You make it that obvious.

Speaking on attention you’re the attention ***** creating bs narratives on TVD daily. Like Garcia is breathing down his neck or better lol. If you’re so connected you’d know Garcia struggled a good portion of spring picking up this playbook. Nobody that watches practices thinks there’s any question who’s the best qb. Just because you’re a “ former player” you think you can post bs and everybody will just bow down.

Like I’ve said plenty of people mods included see all your little slick comments about me and I never responded. Well those days are over. I tried to ignore you and you still couldnt help yourself.

You’d think you leaned your lesson after Jay20 and myself made you eat your foot with the McClendon situation. Oh I know “ he told you he was staying “ lmao. Like a coach would really tell somebody that personal career info Gtfoh. You probably played my card and didn’t think he’d get the job since most thought he wasn’t in contention. Riding the percentages.

You like to jump on me when you think my info could be wrong but I never spoke up once when I KNEW yours was. Tbh the whole point of this and your obsessive behavior is just weird. Especially since you’re such a big deal and all.

I‘ve said my piece and will go back to pretending you don’t exist, maybe you should try the same.

Advertisement
How I Met Your Mother Reaction GIF by Laff

Advertisement
Yeah, I'm a fan. Been one since college. There's a couple other fast casual tex-mex places that are decent but the big national chains (chipotle and moe's) are not particularly great IMO.

Anyways...back to DT talk. I won't drive another thread into discussions on food.
Pancheros is better than Moe's and Chipotle. Only one I know of is in jupiter fl

Advertisement
We're all canes here. Lets keep it tight. Dee bled for this program on and off the field and is privy to things as a former player. Crib has brought a mountain of credible info over the last couple years. We're better off coexisting, soaking in the newfound chapter Mario has brought us into and laughing at the noles & gator tears threads as we watch them spiral and get a taste of deez nuts. I get it, we're in the slow season. We've already played the "guess who brooklyndee is" game, derailed a couple other threads, relived the glory days of the 80's and 90's, and made NFL projections for hs prospects who might not have a drivers license yet. Lets cool off and find a thread to talk about bbq, wrestling, and leasing cars lol.

He starts day one on this Defense.

He’s a 4-3 2-Tech Inside in our scheme, he’s also a 3-down lineman so he doesn’t have to come off the field on passing downs or 3rd downs. He still will come off the field in certain packages because we have depth & we can mix it up all along the line, but point is, he’s not a typical big slow NT, he’s got good pass rush ability & will be a stout run defender.

His youth is the + side of bringing him in, because he already got his initial first push playing as a TF at Maryland & has spent a year in a S&C program & Maryland’s S&C Director Ryan Davis is a good strength coach, he was at Bama in 2009 - 2011 with Terry Jones & Scott Cochran, he was also at Samford when Pat Sullivan was their HC. So that means the kid was in good hands at the beginning of his development & was able to get on the field as a TF & contribute, so now getting him into our program will further expedite his development & having him ready to play early.

He’s not a finished product by any stretch, but his upside & growth allows us the flexibility to play him as a True Sophomore while still letting the upperclassmen get reps & the young guys like Taylor & Roberts the opportunity to continue to develop & get their opportunities on the field as well. What he basically is, is a fast tracked 2021 signee that is on the same trajectory as kids like James Williams, Kamren Kinchens & Chase Smith as players who can/will be expected to give us significant snaps this season.

But adding him makes everybody else’s job easier, including him. Because he’s not going to be asked to just be a 2-gap Nose that just takes on double teams all game, he’ll get the ability to get one on one matchups & affect the pass too, he’ll be an interior lineman that gets lots of pressures, TFL’s & sacks from the B-gap & also open things up on the line for the DE’s, because if teams try to double team Darrell, Mesidor & Agude will make them pay on the outside & Taylor/Lichtenstein will get theirs beside him as well while collapsing the pocket. But when he gets his one on ones he’s absolutely gonna wreak havoc in the backfield bulldozing Guards & getting after QB’s & RB’s.

The best aspect of his game is not just his size & strength, it’s his feet & his ability to move, he definitely still has to polish & continue his development in stacking & shedding blockers & learning more disengaging techniques to beat OL’s while using leverage, but any DLine coach with half a brain can teach this kid the tricks of the trade & get him up to optimum level. And the best part is, he has all the physical tools you want & the natural strength you can’t teach, so all you really need to teach him is all the technical mechanics of being a dominant interior lineman & he’ll handle the rest himself, he’s already halfway there due to his freakish genetics.
Thank You 🙏

Advertisement
Back