Darrell Jackson DT commits to Miami

View as article
Is this thread an insider showoff thread now. Let's gooooo. I told Leeds on Saturday.

@PIPO showdown me with the insider judge.
If You Say So Reaction GIF by Identity

Advertisement
Well, I guess Mario agreed w/ some of us who saw the lack of physicality along the trenches. These moves allows the younger guys who are still a little light in the pants to get a full yr of proper S&C.

Just like Mario did his damnest to salvage the class of ‘22, he’s doing his damnest to shape up this roster before the ‘22 season, but better yet, imo, gearing us for a strong ‘23.

Imma be honest, like what me & one of the homies on here were chatting about privately, this is the most comfortable I’ve been regarding recruiting since 4ever. I know we remember the times of getting hella kids committed to us b4 the off season, be a top 5 class, & then fall flat towards the end of the yr, becoming De-CommitU. In The Words of Embid, trust the process. Don’t allow seeing a kid commit here or there cause panic. We’re in good hands like we’re insured w/ All State.
It feels like these moves are prepping us for a **** of a 22 season.

We are as deep as we need to be in some of these positions, but we are getting there. Adding game ready bodies, to the depth he will build through recruiting is a beautiful thing.

There is not one DL on the team, including this guy I would take over Leonard Taylor.
If you’re talking the line as a whole…I’m taking Mesidor. Taylor is still a pup that hasn’t done anything significant. Flashed a ton, sure - but there’s a lot to work on and correct due to Manuelita de Pinga.

Now talent wise…you could make the argument. But I also think Jackson is a freak of nature and will monumentally improve this defense.

It’s a good argument to have - because all three are good football players with the potential to form the best D-line in the ACC

Advertisement
There is not one DL on the team, including this guy I would take over Leonard Taylor.
LT is more of a 2T. Bringing in Jackson will allow him to play that position. Jackson is a space eater that is there to keep the LBs clean to make plays.

Last edited:
If you’re talking the line as a whole…I’m taking Mesidor. Taylor is still a pup that hasn’t done anything significant. Flashed a ton, sure - but there’s a lot to work on and correct due to Manuelita de Pinga.

Now talent wise…you could make the argument. But I also think Jackson is a freak of nature and will monumentally improve this defense.

It’s a good argument to have - because all three are good football players with the potential to form the best D-line in the ACC
Talent wise, there is no argument. Not a star ***** but he was a 5* because he is 1st round talent with quickness and fast twitch very few big men have.
I would rather rely on Freshman Warren Sapp to make a play over Dwayne Johnson as a Jr. or Sr. Old or young, big time players make big... you know the thing.
GO CANES.

Advertisement
Advertisement
A very good friend of mine owns multiple Tijuana Flats (which is legal, unlike "owning" multiple Chick Fil-As, which is simply not allowed). Although he went to UCF with the founder of the company, he grew up in Miami, is a huge UM fan, and has multiple family members who are alums.
My first experience with Tijuana Flats was when I was at UCF. I think there was only three or four locations, all in the Orlando area at the time. I was stoked when they finally opened one up down here.

I think they are only in Jacksonville, but I agree, they are really good.
The company originated in Orlando but they’re all over the state. There’s one in Hollywood a few miles from my house.

Advertisement
My first experience with Tijuana Flats was when I was at UCF. I think there was only three or four locations, all in the Orlando area at the time. I was stoked when they finally opened one up down here.

Yeah, for a while (after the founder stepped away from running things) they got stuck with some different strategies for expansion. My friend owned a couple of franchises when the company decided to try to go "all company stores" for expansion. Didn't work out well.

I just set up multiple LLCs for my friend to open several new locations...

The company originated in Orlando but they’re all over the state. There’s one in Hollywood a few miles from my house.

Mostly Florida, but they are getting outside of the state. I went to one in Greenville, SC, but I think it closed. My brother who lives in Charlotte got super-excited that they recently opened some new locations near where he lives.

For all that Mario has done so far, the focus on the Dline is my favorite.

2 DT's drafted from Miami in the last 15 years. 2.​

clems' son has had 2 in the last 3 years.

The game has moved more to the spread. However, one thing has not changed. The game is truly won in the trenches. Mario seems like he knows that's where you need to really focus your attention. OL and DL upgrades all over.

Advertisement
Back