Dante Moore to the portal!!!

oregon pulling dillon gabriel and dante moore would be wild

would completely thin out the QB market and essentially leave USC, Miami, Ohio state + several others fighting for only cam ward and will howard

also might prompt other big qb names to enter the portal so who knows
Not sure if USC is aggressively looking for a top line QB1

Advertisement
Advertisement
According to Cam Underwood at State of The U, a Canes assistant coach refused to take Dante Moore's commitment in 2022. The 53 minute mark of this Voice of CFB Podcast video from 12-7-23. It sounds like he is describing FRANK PONCE?!?!?! Is this real? If so, that could explain why he got smoked.

"Dante Moore tried to commit to Miami, but a former staffer at Miami who no longer works at Miami, but works somewhere else, where they had worked before and went back to work again, put all that together if you want to, but that staffer was the one who squashed that commitment when he was down for a camp visit, which was his third camp visit, tried to say 'hey yeah, I want to go in the office I want to commit to the coaches and this one particular coach is the reason that that did not happen."

According to Cam Underwood at State of The U, a Canes assistant coach refused to take Dante Moore's commitment in 2022. The 53 minute mark of this Voice of CFB Podcast video from 12-7-23. It sounds like he is describing FRANK PONCE?!?!?! Is this real? If so, that could explain why he got smoked.

"Dante Moore tried to commit to Miami, but a former staffer at Miami who no longer works at Miami, but works somewhere else, where they had worked before and went back to work again, put all that together if you want to, but that staffer was the one who squashed that commitment when he was down for a camp visit, which was his third camp visit, tried to say 'hey yeah, I want to go in the office I want to commit to the coaches and this one particular coach is the reason that that did not happen."

I believe it was @Cribby at the time who referenced a highly rated QB who tried to commit but they told him to hold off. Maybe to let the visit high wear off or maybe it was because it was early in the process and they were concerned with the QB sticking or being the right eval. I don’t remember the exact details, but I remember this when it happened and I remember thinking it was about Moore. Had him pencilled in on our class all year based off a hunch, come to find out it was him.

That’s been Mario’s MO - tells kids to hold off committing after the visit. Nothing new.

And besides, Moore is overrated

Advertisement
Advertisement
You tell a 5 star QB naw.. no thanks?

In the same year you’re trying to convince Innis, and other top players?

Lol wtf

Nobody is writing him off. We just understand he’s not going anywhere he’s not guaranteed a starting spot. Do you want this guy learning to play QB here and a possible repeat of this year? Or do you want a guy who already produces at high level?

1702155221627.png

Advertisement
Doesn't this kid HAVE TO redshirt/sit out next year anyway?? If so, we should be campus outside his house. Who doesn't want depth?

To me, we are in no position to be turning anyone away. If he's willing to compete, being him in

He didn’t say no thanks though

And to be fair Mario telling him to hold off and him ultimately going to UCLA kinda proves the point right? He dropped Oregon at the last second
I actually don't mind Mario doing this. Gives a kid time to think about it instead of commit out of excitement and then dump us later. We have a history of getting dumped by high profile recruits at the last second and Mario had done a good job of flipping the script on that.

Advertisement
Back