Dante Moore to the portal!!!

Grandma making posts like these:

image000000.jpg

dog perform GIF

Advertisement
I don't follow non-Miami football enough to know -- have any of the 5 stars from last year been good enough where we would want them to be our starter in 2024? I made the argument then that the risk was too high to bet 7 figures on a kid who would most likely ride pine for 1 or 2 years, and even if he started, he would most likely be too limited.

Was I right? What were the results?

Advertisement
His arm is very legit. He'll be a good QB for somebody.

A little "come pick up yo kids" from grandma there for sure, but this COULD be like Texas picking up Quinn Ewers or Oregon State picking up DJU. Would be very high on my board, lots of these 5-stars of recent vintage transfer after some rough times early on at the spot they went to out of HS and they end up just fine elsewhere.

Advertisement
Happily take if we bring in another QB that would start next year. This kid needs time.

Advertisement
So just right him off after his true freshman season
Nobody is writing him off. We just understand he’s not going anywhere he’s not guaranteed a starting spot. Do you want this guy learning to play QB here and a possible repeat of this year? Or do you want a guy who already produces at high level?

Advertisement
Nobody is writing him off. We just understand he’s not going anywhere he’s not guaranteed a starting spot. Do you want this guy learning to play QB here and a possible repeat of this year? Or do you want a guy who already produces at high level?
Absolutely not I would take him here as QB2 for a year develop or redshirt. Then 2025 he should be ready as he has some of the best tools probably the biggest arm of any QB in his class coming out, he was a five star for a reason

So just right him off after his true freshman season
we're not really in the place to have patience while a QB develops stage

we need to win next year. Dante Moore will likely go to Michigan state / Michigan anyways but we need an experienced and proven Vet QB to reach potential and keep the progression of the program going

Absolutely not I would take him here as QB2 for a year develop or redshirt. Then 2025 he should be ready as he has some of the best tools probably the biggest arm of any QB in his class coming out, he was a five star for a reason

Ideally, yes. You take a one year rental this year and back that up with another portal guy that you shelf until 2025. The only question is, is he that much of a better option than Emory?

FTR, Moore ain’t going nowhere where he isn’t guaranteed to start next year with a big NIL. His family has been very adamant about that - that’s why he chose ucla, system be damned. And btw, he’s a good kid, by all reports, but his helicopter family is full of toxicity.

Advertisement
Back