Danny Dillard will be at practice tomorrow

Advertisement
not really a fan of this kid at RB. his tape doesn't show that he can be a D1 RB IMO. maybe a situational guy if he gets in the 230+ lb range

Thanks Pete A....... Sorry..... I must of missed any opinions that you had on Dillard so would you mind sharing them again.......

Thanks a head of time.......

Well, ****. What are we looking at with him, a decent, productive back, or a poor man's Mike James?

not really a fan of this kid at RB. his tape doesn't show that he can be a D1 RB IMO. maybe a situational guy if he gets in the 230+ lb range

From what I have read on Dillard is that he has great straight away speed so at least he has to be an upgrade on special teams......

Advertisement
I'm not crazy about him as a player, but he could be serviceable. When he committed, I was told he would be used a lot of different ways, not just at running back, kind of in an H-Back role.

Yez zir.... glad to hear that... I think he will shock a lot of people... he is a big back, 1 redshirt year and some weight will do wonders for him... he may end up a fullback though... 6'1 205-210 all he needs is a good 20-25lbs of muscle and the young man will be a beast... I love his tape, I know what AG was doing when he recruited both duke and danny... welcome our new smash and dash... when he steps out on the field in 2013 everyone is gonna be like, who is that, did we get a new LB... Im telling you the boy will be huge. Golden likes big and powerful players...

http://youtu.be/aBSu3KIV8Wg

Last edited:
He's reasonably strong and fast...He'll add a much needed body to the scout team for his RS year. I would be quite surprised if he saw any action this season, unless he's a ST's stud.

It's a real shame Storm didn't have his head right. It's almost criminal a dude named Storm leaves the Hurricanes.

Advertisement

Right big kid with great feet moves, a whole bunch of yards what could the coaching staff be thinking about.. YEAH RIGHT

Right big kid with great feet moves, a whole bunch of yards what could the coaching staff be thinking about.. YEAH RIGHT

thing is that he doesn't have great feet. he is very long and looks very awkward when he tries to change direction. he does have pretty good top end speed once he gets going. just saying that I DONT see a starting RB in him.

I like this kids' size. Like Purk said, this kid will be huge in a year after a redshirt year of weight training. Speed is pretty good. He aight.

Advertisement
If he ends up a Quadtrine Hill/Mo Hagans type FB and emergency RB, that's fine with me. With Crawford, Duke and Clements all under 200lbs, he and Hagans add size to the RB unit. Close on Alex Collins and we'll have a pretty well rounded RB unit.

He actually reminds me of a young Christian Okoye (sp?) from Azuza Pacific college and the KC Chiefs.

Thanx for the update, Aziz!! On top of your game, as usual.

Given our RB depth chart, Im excited about him getting on campus. I can see him evolving in the same manner Najaeh Davenpoop did.

I like his film. For a big guy he has nice lateral movement and you cant teach his size. I would call him a James Stewart with better balance.

Advertisement
Glad he made it in for depth purposes at least. He needs to keep the pad level down and hes at his best when hes running downhill and not dancing but he has a good combination of size and speed and shows flashes of potential.

I like Dillard, just not as a Miami tailback. Can never have enough guys who are big, fast and tough.

He seems to fit on kick coverage, kickoff returns and ideally in a Charles Clay role on offense.

Someone else beat me to the punch but I see him as being a Hagens 2.0 which we could mix into the offense more than short yardage plays. I don't like how he drops the ball on first impact with the ground (seen it bout 4 or 5 times) but what I do like is he seldom ever got brought down my one person especially on first contact. We need a bruiser like that.

Advertisement
Back