Danny Dillard will be at practice tomorrow

Hey I like the inside run plays.. I think he might have a nice little role with inside traps, dives, counters he could become a monster with another 15 lbs of muscle. 6.1 225 Love that size

Advertisement
i actually like him alot more than most of you do. i think he is perfect for a change of pace back with duke. he has great size and could be a monster at short yardage.

When he gets the ball, he doesn't dik around. Hits that line quickly, no dancing, no hesitation.

Yeah. I can see what Golden wanted him for. Third and two on the goal, two tight ends, and you have James or Duke in the backfield right alongside Dillard.

Could be a bit perplexing.

Advertisement
jw410 said:
Dmoney or any of my 30+ crew

Can Danny Dillard ever have a role like Najeh?

Their styles are different, but that's not a bad comparison as to how he could be used.

He's our Tom Rathman. Duke is our Rodger Craig. This is West Coast Offense 101 boys. You need a fullback who can catch the ball.

Look for Duke to be used in the passing game a lot as well.

Advertisement
not really a fan of this kid at RB. his tape doesn't show that he can be a D1 RB IMO. maybe a situational guy if he gets in the 230+ lb range

Right big kid with great feet moves, a whole bunch of yards what could the coaching staff be thinking about.. YEAH RIGHT

thing is that he doesn't have great feet. he is very long and looks very awkward when he tries to change direction. he does have pretty good top end speed once he gets going. just saying that I DONT see a starting RB in him.

Neither does golden, maybe a solid 3rd back behind duke and Collins tho.

I don't see 4.4 speed from him at all. Looks like a 4.7 guy and doesn't have great feet. Really unimpressive tape

That's because you dont know what to look for. Can he block? Fans want to see 40 times, but i doubt many really understand the role of a fullback.

Just like all those dummies who think Kerr will move to o line just because he's not fast.

Guys like Kerr and Dillard help you win games.

Listen to Peter Ariz. Dillard will be used in the passing game quite a bit and you will be happy with him in a couple years.

Coach Fisch understands the offense he is trying to install.

Advertisement
That's because you dont know what to look for. Can he block? Fans want to see 40 times, but i doubt many really understand the role of a fullback.

Just like all those dummies who think Kerr will move to o line just because he's not fast.

Listen to Peter Ariz. Dillard will be used in the passing game quite a bit and you will be happy with him in a couple years.

we don't know if he can block. There are zero clips of him run blocking in an 8 minute highlight tape. What I saw was a big kid without great burst or wiggle, going down on first contact almost every time. I like the idea of having a big and small back in the class but not sure this guy is a Miami RB.

I think he will play. We don't have any AA at RB on this roster. We are looking for talent. We need someone who can hit the hole, make someone miss and run through arm tackles.

Watch old film of the 49ers and how theyt used Tom Rathman, and that's approximately how you would use Dillard. He's basically mirrors the role of a tight end lined up in the backfield (some offenses call it h back)... He's a lead blocker first, and an outlet reciever second.

Then you've got him for short yardage situations as well.

He doesnt need to have "wiggle," that's not his role.

we don't know if he can block. There are zero clips of him run blocking in an 8 minute highlight tape. What I saw was a big kid without great burst or wiggle, going down on first contact almost every time. I like the idea of having a big and small back in the class but not sure this guy is a Miami RB.

Advertisement
Watch old film of the 49ers and how theyt used Tom Rathman, and that's approximately how you would use Dillard. He's basically mirrors the role of a tight end lined up in the backfield (some offenses call it h back)... He's a lead blocker first, and an outlet reciever second.

Then you've got him for short yardage situations as well.

He doesnt need to have "wiggle," that's not his role.

I understand the concept but I don't see that skill set in him. I see a large, almost finesse RB; compare his tape to Maurice Hagens, they're night and day different

The first name that popped into my head was Quad Hill. Fullback/H-Back/Special Team guy who can also be used for short yardage.

The other thing that strikes me about the film is just how big Dillard looks. Is the Venice backfield full of midgets? lol. Cause Dillard looked noticeably taller than the QB/other back - looked more like 6'3 if those other players are around 6'0.

Advertisement
Back