Danny Dillard will be at practice tomorrow

Don't hate him but wish we would have gotten Davante Bourque instead. Him and Duke would have been deadly!

Advertisement
overrated...clap... clap... clapclapclap

Na but if he does anything here id eat crow...he's a penn state running back, not the kind of guy were use to seeing here

Nobody though Clinton Portis would be a great running back coming out of high school.

Advertisement
Nobody though Clinton Portis would be a great running back coming out of high school.

Clinton Portis was also recruited before youtube and anyone had access to his clips, saw him at camps and high school games were regularly shown on ESPN. ****, recruiting websites were in their infancy at that point, I believe Portis came in in 1998

Clinton Portis was also recruited before youtube and anyone had access to his clips, saw him at camps and high school games were regularly shown on ESPN. ****, recruiting websites were in their infancy at that point, I believe Portis came in in 1998

All of that is true, but can we give Dillard a ******* chance? Just one ******* chance before we banish him from Coral Gables forever?

All of that is true, but can we give Dillard a ****ing chance? Just one ****ing chance before we banish him from Coral Gables forever?

I hear you but IMO hes a poor mans James Wilder...But I think he can be just as good as him and that isnt really saying much..If hes faster he can be better.

I don't doubt Dillard will have a role on this team but just wonder if we would have been better off using that schollie this year

Advertisement
I don't doubt Dillard will have a role on this team but just wonder if we would have been better off using that schollie this year

You could say that about several kids that came out from left field that Golden offered...Corey King, Armbrister, Alexis, Wells...the sad thing is is that our OL recruiting has been pretty bad so we might end up having to actually play guys like Alexis and Wells in a couple years.

i liked the footage on him. RS him this year and he's going to be a solid 215-220 as a RS freshman. Have to remember one of the improvements is the UTough and Swasey has a track record for helping guys get faster. Even if he's a 4.6/4.7 right now by the time we need him to play he's probably in the 4.55 range and 220. I'll take that. Runs real smooth, too. I'm looking forward to seeing how he does. Actually reminds me a little of the old FSU RB Sean Jackson in how he runs.

Dillard is the fastest RB on the team with Duke right now.

That's why Golden wanted him. He's a 225 pound back with 195 pound speed

You could say that about several kids that came out from left field that Golden offered...Corey King, Armbrister, Alexis, Wells...the sad thing is is that our OL recruiting has been pretty bad so we might end up having to actually play guys like Alexis and Wells in a couple years.

The judgements are already in on 3 guys who were really late adds that redshirted and another late add guy who was a special teams contributor before an injury derailed his year?

Advertisement
I think he will play. We don't have any AA at RB on this roster. We are looking for talent. We need someone who can hit the hole, make someone miss and run through arm tackles.

he won't play this year barring multiple injuries at the RB spot

he looks kinda like Lagarret Blunt (spelling?). I never really liked the way he ran either

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back