Daniel Gresham UTex RB decommit

Advertisement
Advertisement
****, I thought this guy was high on us and liked how Coley was going to use him. **** **** ****.

Advertisement
From ESPN about Gresham and his commitment

The nation’s top-ranked fullback is going back home.

Daniel Gresham
Fullback
Committed: Louisville

Pos Rk Stars Grade Hometown
81 Fort Worth, TX
Versatile offensive back Daniel Gresham (Fort Worth, Texas/All Saints Episcopal) spent most of his life in Kentucky and grew up a big Louisville fan. On Monday morning, Gresham decided to turn his favorite team into his future team as the 5-foot-11, 229-pound, ESPN 300 athlete verbally committed to the Cardinals.

Gresham, strong enough to play fullback but quick and agile enough to play running back, chose Louisville over an offers from Miami. A former Texas commit, Gresham becomes Louisville’s 15th overall pledge and the second ESPN 300 athlete to commit to the Cardinals, joining wide receiver Isaiah Ford (Jacksonville, Fla./Trinity Christian Academy).

“I grew up in Louisville, born and raised. I always grew up loving Louisville,” said Gresham, who moved to Texas when he was 12. “My grandfather is with janitorial services there, and he always could get tickets to the games. I’d watch guys like Michael Bush just kill it on the field.

“I always could see myself there, and it was always on my mind. Even when I was committed to Texas, it was on my mind.”

Gresham originally committed to Texas on Aug. 7 but decommitted in May to explore other options. The four-star athlete had Louisville, Miami and Alabama highest on his list, with Arkansas, Florida State, Missouri and Ole Miss all in the running as well. Gresham has 15 total offers.

In addition to returning home, Gresham said Louisville had a lot to offer. The program will play in the ACC in 2014, and he believes the Cardinals can perform well in the conference under what he calls “one of the great coaching staffs in college football.” Gresham made his commitment to both head coach Charlie Strong and running backs/special teams coach Kenny Carter, his primary recruiting contact.

“They’re up-and-coming and they’re going to do a lot of great things,” Gresham said of Louisville. “I have a great relationship with the coaches. It was a hard decision because the entire Miami staff would hit me up every day. But all of my family is [at Louisville], and I want to play in front of them.

“Also, they said I can come in and contribute early. They didn’t promise me a starting spot, but they did say I can contribute early, and that’s what I like. I want to come in, work hard and earn that spot.”

Gresham is built like a tank but runs with speed and grace. He’s been clocked in the 40-yard dash at 4.53 seconds. The fact that he also brings ridiculous power makes him a candidate to be super versatile in the backfield. Gresham bench-presses 345 pounds and squats 650.

The fact that Gresham’s only been playing in the backfield for a couple of years makes his story even more impressive. Gresham said he played on the offensive line all the way up to the eighth grade. One person who always has had his back is his good friend and teammate, ESPN 300 offensive lineman Demetrius Knox, another former Texas commit who is now weighing all options.

“Demetrius always told me to keep grinding and things will come,” Gresham said. “He told me he felt I was one of the top running backs in the country. The recruiting process has been a blessing in itself. The Lord blessed me with 15 offers and the chance to take trips and see things I never thought I’d see.

“Growing up in Louisville, I dreamt about this all the time. Now, it’s happening.”

Gresham, in addition to being the nation’s No. 1 fullback, is ranked No. 34 in the state of Texas among 2014 players.

So who is next on the list? Madre London from STA? We really don't have a ton of running back offers out (to guys that are uncommitted)

From ESPN about Gresham and his commitment

The nation’s top-ranked fullback is going back home.

Daniel Gresham
Fullback
Committed: Louisville

Pos Rk Stars Grade Hometown
81 Fort Worth, TX
Versatile offensive back Daniel Gresham (Fort Worth, Texas/All Saints Episcopal) spent most of his life in Kentucky and grew up a big Louisville fan. On Monday morning, Gresham decided to turn his favorite team into his future team as the 5-foot-11, 229-pound, ESPN 300 athlete verbally committed to the Cardinals.

Gresham, strong enough to play fullback but quick and agile enough to play running back, chose Louisville over an offers from Miami. A former Texas commit, Gresham becomes Louisville’s 15th overall pledge and the second ESPN 300 athlete to commit to the Cardinals, joining wide receiver Isaiah Ford (Jacksonville, Fla./Trinity Christian Academy).

“I grew up in Louisville, born and raised. I always grew up loving Louisville,” said Gresham, who moved to Texas when he was 12. “My grandfather is with janitorial services there, and he always could get tickets to the games. I’d watch guys like Michael Bush just kill it on the field.

“I always could see myself there, and it was always on my mind. Even when I was committed to Texas, it was on my mind.”

Gresham originally committed to Texas on Aug. 7 but decommitted in May to explore other options. The four-star athlete had Louisville, Miami and Alabama highest on his list, with Arkansas, Florida State, Missouri and Ole Miss all in the running as well. Gresham has 15 total offers.

In addition to returning home, Gresham said Louisville had a lot to offer. The program will play in the ACC in 2014, and he believes the Cardinals can perform well in the conference under what he calls “one of the great coaching staffs in college football.” Gresham made his commitment to both head coach Charlie Strong and running backs/special teams coach Kenny Carter, his primary recruiting contact.

“They’re up-and-coming and they’re going to do a lot of great things,” Gresham said of Louisville. “I have a great relationship with the coaches. It was a hard decision because the entire Miami staff would hit me up every day. But all of my family is [at Louisville], and I want to play in front of them.

“Also, they said I can come in and contribute early. They didn’t promise me a starting spot, but they did say I can contribute early, and that’s what I like. I want to come in, work hard and earn that spot.”

Gresham is built like a tank but runs with speed and grace. He’s been clocked in the 40-yard dash at 4.53 seconds. The fact that he also brings ridiculous power makes him a candidate to be super versatile in the backfield. Gresham bench-presses 345 pounds and squats 650.

The fact that Gresham’s only been playing in the backfield for a couple of years makes his story even more impressive. Gresham said he played on the offensive line all the way up to the eighth grade. One person who always has had his back is his good friend and teammate, ESPN 300 offensive lineman Demetrius Knox, another former Texas commit who is now weighing all options.

“Demetrius always told me to keep grinding and things will come,” Gresham said. “He told me he felt I was one of the top running backs in the country. The recruiting process has been a blessing in itself. The Lord blessed me with 15 offers and the chance to take trips and see things I never thought I’d see.

“Growing up in Louisville, I dreamt about this all the time. Now, it’s happening.”

Gresham, in addition to being the nation’s No. 1 fullback, is ranked No. 34 in the state of Texas among 2014 players.

At least we were in it and he had positive remarks about our staff.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Im still wondering why these kids that had us as their number one school pick someone else, was jethro recruiting this kid?

Advertisement
Back