Dan Lanning?

How did the last 2 defense coordinators with no HC experience work out.

Saturday Night Live No GIF by The Lonely Island

Advertisement
NO. **** no. The ONLY assistants we should consider for HC are NFL guys. If you are hiring Eric Bieniemy or Kellen Moore, then maybe. Hiring these random college assistants that have recruited at places like UGA isn't cutting it. An NFL assistant knows how to maximize talent, knows how to succeed in a fairly even environment because you can't stack guys on top of each other at their level.
This is another true statement I have read on here today. I really think a tru dat emoji is needed for this site. I don't like to use the like emoji, that is an adverb little girls use. In addition, it's your opinion so just because it's a true statement dosen't necessarily mean I agree with it 100% so we really need something like 👊

That’s why our next coach has to be a recruiter so he can lock down the elite local guys at a minimum

My point was, we won't get kids like that here, Cristobal or not. We can't compete ($). There aren't many ppl who will turn down bags of money, just because the other coach has a great personality. I could be wrong but I have a hard time believing we can recruit, and sign, those kind of war daddies. Heck, shemar is right in our backyard and, from the looks of it, he's aTm bound. And I don't blame him or his family/coaches.

We cant compete with the BAMAs and UGAs of the cfb world. And, I'm always weary of coaches from bag schools because they had an advantage that they will not have in Coral Gables.

Wonder why he hasn't left Clemson yet
Some guys may not want to grind of being a HC. Bud Foster was a DC his whole career. Plus he’s got a cushy gig right now. No sense in leaving unless for the absolute perfect situation, kinda like Smart when he took over the UGA job.

Advertisement
There are coordinators who will turn into good HC in the future. Miami is not in a position to try such. The new coach news previous HC experience. He needs the pull to build a top tier staff etc. Giving coaches with zero HC experience or NFL experience has not worked for us. We need to ditch the idea.

He won't have the type of 'resources' he has at UGA. Would probably have to take a paycut too lol

I still have a hard time believing FSU DE (#11) was a backup at UGA.
He wasn’t a backup. UGAs LB corp was/is stacked. He would have had to share playing time and he wasn’t willing to do so as much as UGA wanted.

Nah OC/DCs don't make as much as you think. Even the top guys only make 2.5M at the most and I believe only 5 guys makes near that
He meant we don’t have the bags to recruit like UGA. Just because you can recruit there doesn’t mean you’re a good recruiter, I just means you ban carry bags of money and hand them to people.

Advertisement
I’m sorry, I must’ve fell asleep….

Dan Lanning:

Recruiting Coordinator ASU (2013)
ASU Recruiting Class ranking for class 2014? 23rd

Recruiting Coordinator Memphis (2016-17)
Memphis Recruiting class for 2017? 56th 2018? 81st

His all time recruits? Let’s just say he became a monster blue chip recruiter at UGA. Lol. Literally every 4 & 5 star recruit he secured as either a Primary or Secondary recruiter, ironically, came at UGA. Prior to that? Mush.

I’m good;

NO. **** no. The ONLY assistants we should consider for HC are NFL guys. If you are hiring Eric Bieniemy or Kellen Moore, then maybe. Hiring these random college assistants that have recruited at places like UGA isn't cutting it. An NFL assistant knows how to maximize talent, knows how to succeed in a fairly even environment because you can't stack guys on top of each other at their level.
I don’t like the Bieniemy hire with him not really being the sole OC in KC…

Moore and Joe Brady are two guys if we strike out on Mario and lane I’d look into for first time HCs…

Advertisement
I’m sorry, I must’ve fell asleep….

Dan Lanning:

Recruiting Coordinator ASU (2013)
ASU Recruiting Class ranking for class 2014? 23rd

Recruiting Coordinator Memphis (2016-17)
Memphis Recruiting class for 2017? 56th 2018? 81st

His all time recruits? Let’s just say he became a monster blue chip recruiter at UGA. Lol. Literally every 4 & 5 star recruit he secured as either a Primary or Secondary recruiter, ironically, came at UGA. Prior to that? Mush.

I’m good;
23rd for ASU is really good

Kirby Smart was a rookie HC.

Lanning is the best evaluator and recruiter at Georgia and is a helluva coach. He also nose the bag game.
Id roll with this guy and give him a bonus if he dips on geogia early so we can get him in here to recruit sooner

Wonder why he hasn't left Clemson yet
They got a nice system there to steal signals, why would he work harder?

I know that's been brought up here but I thought it was interesting when I talked to my dad last week (ND lover unfortunately) and we were talking about Clemson being down some this year that he mentioned stealing signs

Advertisement
Miami is a unique and difficult job. No sense getting a first timer who has to learn the job as well as deal with the challenges. (Recruiting against his former boss for one)

Advertisement
Back