Dan Lanning?

Advertisement
NO. **** no. The ONLY assistants we should consider for HC are NFL guys. If you are hiring Eric Bieniemy or Kellen Moore, then maybe. Hiring these random college assistants that have recruited at places like UGA isn't cutting it. An NFL assistant knows how to maximize talent, knows how to succeed in a fairly even environment because you can't stack guys on top of each other at their level.

Advertisement
DE119E16-CCB9-4624-8B4D-3576D3B9F0CB.gif

Advertisement
I think it should be a proven P5 head coach for sure. My gun to the head defensive coordinator pick would be Mike Elko. Dude is smart as **** and has been successful everywhere he’s gone. One of his top assistants Clark Lea killed it at ND and is now head coach at Vandy. But again, don’t think we should go that route.

He won't have the type of 'resources' he has at UGA. Would probably have to take a paycut too lol

I still have a hard time believing FSU DE (#11) was a backup at UGA.
Nah OC/DCs don't make as much as you think. Even the top guys only make 2.5M at the most and I believe only 5 guys makes near that

Advertisement
Advertisement
Im sold how soon can he start?and can he bring muschamp with him as dc that should make all the t- rob guys happy since we would retain him.give this guys decent pay obviously nothing crazy since hes unproven and pour some good cash into a great oc.

Not a lot of people seem to bring him up, he's been Kirby Smart DC for 3 years and was Memphis Recruiting cordinator for 2 years, so he's definitely a great recruiter. Would you be interested in him as HC?

He might be the next great coach someday - but 6 years ago, he was a GA. He was a positional coach for 3 years and now DC for 2. And we all know guys like Saban and Smart are really the DCs of those teams. The guy with the label may call the plays in-game but those coaches run that show.

If you want to hang your future/career on that guy, by all means.....but that's not me.

Advertisement
Back