2023 Damon Wilson - DE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Playing in Army game!

1652034022788.jpeg

Advertisement
This kid’s film needed to be posted. Definitely my favorite edge we’re recruiting

@LeedsCane do you have any scoop on his recruitment? He's beyond impressive. I don't see how he's much different than J Wayne as a prospect. Maybe a little smaller, but Wilson has elite size at this stage of the game, too.

Wayne is making national visits to UGA, Bama, and others, whereas you don't hear much about Wilson.

Wilson and Jaxson Howard could be realistic options for us....I'd think.

I would feel confidentish in saying we are in his top three currently. April 6, a great day! Long road ahead boys and girls!
It's a month later....still in this top three??? We better be!!!

@LeedsCane do you have any scoop on his recruitment? He's beyond impressive. I don't see how he's much different than J Wayne as a prospect. Maybe a little smaller, but Wilson has elite size at this stage of the game, too.

Wayne is making national visits to UGA, Bama, and others, whereas you don't hear much about Wilson.

Hes better than Jayden Wayne.

His first 5 plays or so is against a who's who of Florida football... (Miami Columbus, Cardinal Gibbons, Apopka, West Orange)..Theres more talent in those 5 clips than in Jayden Wayne's entire state

Advertisement
Would most definitely love to land Wilson, he’s the perfect DE in our system. Steele could use a player like him in his defensive scheme. To do what he did against the top elite teams in Florida just shows we need him on our DL

Without having any inside or direct knowledge, I can guarantee you, we are recruiting this kid hard! Seems odd, but not every top caliber recruit gains traction on this board. The number of pages on this kid will grow since he seems to be a legit chance to land.

Advertisement
I don't understand why people have this inferiority complex to Bama. UGA actually has more 5 stars than them, and Texas A&M brought in more 5 stars than both combined.

We had poor recruiters and put less resources into it and that has changed. Its not about not winning titles and all that. Texas A&M has not won a title since i can remember and it took UGA 40 years. Its doggedly going after players like they do that's what bring them in, they get some, you get some.

Yes! Doesn’t seem to be a leader in the clubhouse. Could be a dude with whom we could make a move???
I dont see what his leadership has to do with anything. I can tell you he is a great kid and has a great family. It sure seems like he is more than qualified based on comments here. I hope he gets one **** of a NIL deal. I hope he signs with Miami. Id say he has a committable offer from Bama.

Without having any inside or direct knowledge, I can guarantee you, we are recruiting this kid hard! Seems odd, but not every top caliber recruit gains traction on this board. The number of pages on this kid will grow since he seems to be a legit chance to land.

I think this is going to come down to the wire . . . unless he decides he wants to play for a specific coach:)
What edge rusher that wants to play NFL football wouldnt like a head coach that was an elite OL himself to learn from?

Advertisement
I dont see what his leadership has to do with anything. I can tell you he is a great kid and has a great family. It sure seems like he is more than qualified based on comments here. I hope he gets one **** of a NIL deal. I hope he signs with Miami. Id say he has a committable offer from Bama.
Meant that as there’s not a TEAM that is the leader in the clubhouse for his commitment, as publicly no team seems to be the clear designation him in terms of crystal balls, traction.

Know nothing about the kid besides he’s an animal on field!

Would love him as a Cane!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back