2023 Damon Wilson - DE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I’m gonna disagree with this. But he is a very nice prospect. Def is a take. I wouldn’t say best in the State though.
I don’t know. Just going by the eye test and not what others are ranking these kids… Damon Wilson is probably going to end up as the best true DE in this class. 6’4 pushing 6’5 weighing around 235-240 right now. And he has footwork like WRs.

Advertisement
Bama is supposedly hot after him. I wonder where he is on the board for us. Is he top 3 after Wayne/hicks?

I feel like the previous staff was kind of quick to trim its sails with top recruits. Like if we weren't leading early on a high blue chip, they would just move on to a kid who "wants to be at Miami." This staff already looks much different, willing to duke it out with anyone for the best players.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I feel like the previous staff was kind of quick to trim its sails with top recruits. Like if we weren't leading early on a high blue chip, they would just move on to a kud who 'wants to be at Miami." This staff already looks much different, willing to duke it out with anyone for the best players.
It does feel that way. We need to make all the elites feel like there a priority, and wel get our share.

Advertisement
You obviously have a tie here, what’s the word? Has he visited?

He has an older brother that went through this a few years back. His brother went to UF. He flamed out there. Damon has grit and a motor to go with his ability. He has a great mind. I think we have a shot here if Mario really wants him. Its the total package that he is bringing. He will look for the same. I think he is open at this time. I would be surprised if he made an early decision. Im not sure if he has been to Miami since we hired MC.

Advertisement
This is the DE i want in this class...UPHILL Battle his teammate is already committed to Bama and he is from VENICE.
I agree it is going to be an uphill battle. One of my lady friends happen to be family with the Wilsons. Not me. That would be a clear sign Bama, dating family . . . I digress! She thinks Damon is all business and friendships are secondary to doing what needs to be done to be the best. In other words if Bama is best for Damon he will go there. If its Miami, we will see him next fall terrorizing quarterbacks!

Im going to catch one of Damon's games this year. Any suggestions on which game to get to? @DMoney what do you think about Damon's game and how it translates to college?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back