2023 Damon Wilson - DE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Hey bro you think we made up ground with the Orlando guys LeBlanc and walker
From what I was told about Walker is his interest in Miami is not the same as LeBlanc. Funny enough about LeBlanc, I had two people tell me that were there because media wasn’t allowed for today.. he may not be such a UF lean as thought but we’ll see. I’ll find out more closer and closer to his choice in July. Like I mentioned in a previous pod when I came back, I was entrenching myself with a lot of the 2023 and beyond kids and building sources and ties with people tied with them compared to 2022 class when I came back to the whole scene in November/December. I knew stuff but not to extent like with this class now and further.

This kid’s film needed to be posted. Definitely my favorite edge we’re recruiting

Excellent film! He shows advanced use of his hands for a high school JR. Also has good bend coming off the edge, and is twitchy. Has good closing speed, and is relentless with his effort and pursuit. Also really liked that he’s strong enough to set the edge and make plays while doing so. He also shows high intelligence and good instincts. Definitely a priority at DE, in my opinion.

I said it before and I’ll say it again… this kid is potentially the best DE in the state. I covered all the kids in central Florida and he was one of the few that stood out. He along with Zane Durant. This kid is a Brian Burns, but will play a bit bigger. Don’t know his 40, but wouldn’t be surprised if it were in the low 4.5s.

He has been my 1A DE since the end of last year

Advertisement
Im glad we are back heavy, not just ok in Central FL but north east and west FL. It always boggled my mind how UF and FSU, not to mention SEC schools and others can come to South Florida and work on kids but we just cede north Florida to whomever and not even fight for kids. First thing you heard was, this is.....etc territory. But down here is our territory, that doesnt stop them coming. There are alot of players up north, we should fight for them and build the relationships. We have fans all over the state. I hope we hold some events and scrimmages up north on the future. Plant some billboards on 75 and them type of things.

Im glad we are back heavy, not just ok in Central FL but north east and west FL. It always boggled my mind how UF and FSU, not to mention SEC schools and others can come to South Florida and work on kids but we just cede north Florida to whomever and not even fight for kids. First thing you heard was, this is.....etc territory. But down here is our territory, that doesnt stop them coming. There are alot of players up north, we should fight for them and build the relationships. We have fans all over the state. I hope we hold some events and scrimmages up north on the future. Plant some billboards on 75 and them type of things.
Exactly. Dont matter where a kids from. Build that relationship, and get him to sign.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Hope everyone had a nice weekend! My friend and I are gonna try and catch one of Damon's games this year. I missed the suggestions from an earlier post I can not seem to find. Any suggestions on game to see? It would be great to get his parents on campus. My lady friend will be in town with me tomorrow, so Ill see if there is any cool **** to report back. Fwiw, I actually like Damon and his parents and my lady friend! LOL Im not in conversations with Damon or his family about destination and I cannot imagine that I will. Its his moment, but it is still still cool to share tidbits that I get.

I think that this is definitely going to go down to the wire. NIL is a game changer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back