Damarius Good

Excellent ball skills? Where? lol
lol I wouldn't say he has excellent ball skills in the air but he is a very good athlete imo. Played QB his freshman yr, DB his sophomore yr and RB his JR year.

Says a lot about his athleticism for his coaches to trust giving him a new position every year.

Advertisement
That 40 hurt him and he had a bad season his junior year. Shouldn’t have left early honestly

Why? So he could either sit on the bench or get exposed his senior year?

He wasn't good in HS, and he wasn't good in college. He wasn't going to suddenly become a willing tackler or become faster.

Even his Soph year, yes he had 8 picks, but he also got regularly beaten and most of those picks were just on terribly thrown passes, not him making plays on the ball.

NFL doesn't care what Rivals/247 rank you in HS

What are you saying? Ain’t nothing wrong with what I said, fact is he didn’t look that fast in that film as his track times indicated

If he's been clocked at a 10.6 100m, in Track, then he clearly has 10.6 speed. It's completely different. You're not going to see a 10.6 in football obviously. Track is straight line speed. Maybe that's what he excels at. Change of direction etc, will obviously change that. I haven't seen his track highlights, but he may not be a strong starter. He may get stronger throughout the race. Therefore, it may not show up in his FOOTBALL highlight film.

You're also the dude that posted Avery Huff is a "Freak" and was impressed by his "closing speed" as he covered a receiver on a half *** drag route.

Advertisement
If he's been clocked at a 10.6 100m, in Track, then he clearly has 10.6 speed. It's completely different. You're not going to see a 10.6 in football obviously. Track is straight line speed. Maybe that's what he excels at. Change of direction etc, will obviously change that. I haven't seen his track highlights, but he may not be a strong starter. He may get stronger throughout the race. Therefore, it may not show up in his FOOTBALL highlight film.

You're also the dude that posted Avery Huff is a "Freak" and was impressed by his "closing speed" as he covered a receiver on a half *** drag route.
He’s a freak because of his film and in the fact that he’s a linebacker that can move like a safety with that frame

He’s a freak because of his film and in the fact that he’s a linebacker that can move like a safety with that frame

I agree however that was not at all the context of your post at the time. You were talking specifically of his closing speed, which was not displayed, in the small clip shown.

I agree however that was not at all the context of your post at the time. You were talking specifically of his closing speed, which was not displayed, in the small clip shown.
He obviously impressed in other plays while playing corner for bud Elliot to shout him out

Who is ace Melvin?
Semar “Ace” Melvin is a CB for STA. I believe he is also a relative of Duke Johnson. Now, I must admit, I heard of him but didn’t know much about him until another poster made light of the fact that we went after Good and let this kid in our backyard go to Wisconsin. A team that just beat us with these type of kids. Skilled and talented players who have a chip on there shoulder.
Check out his highlights. He sticks to WR’s like glue.

Advertisement
Semar “Ace” Melvin is a CB for STA. I believe he is also a relative of Duke Johnson. Now, I must admit, I heard of him but didn’t know much about him until another poster made light of the fact that we went after Good and let this kid in our backyard go to Wisconsin. A team that just beat us with these type of kids. Skilled and talented players who have a chip on there shoulder.

Cant't have em all man. There's so much SF talent that they are gonna get out and go to other schools.

Melvin is a good player. Very smooth. Excellent fit in Wisconsin.

Glad some of you are only fans. I’ll trust richt Diaz and Rumph over any one for 247, cis... recruiting ranks are just summaries of coaches evals. Furthermore, if you can’t tell when a kid is in his top gear then you may want to just have a wait and see on these kids. He made good angles look bad a couple times. Other times he looked like he wasn’t running at 100 and still beat guys. Most importantly, he is big, hits hard, and has the mental IQ to play 3 positions in 3 years.

Cant't have em all man. There's so much SF talent that they are gonna get out and go to other schools.

I am good with not getting all of em. I am concerned when we take a kid with no apparent skill set for a position without him being evaluated in game situations at that said position. This while passing up kids proven at that same position. Bottom line, there was no rush for Good. He wasn’t going anywhere. There are still higher DB targets on our board. And even if he does go somewhere, it will be a smaller school we could have pluck him from later if he did produces.

Advertisement
This would be easy to overlook if we didn’t lose to them. Bottom line, aside from some body measurements, Melvin is a better CB prospect than Good is right now.

He may be. I think they are going to monitor Good and see how he develops.

He may get dropped, or he may be one of most valued guys by February. We already have two high-floor guys in Couch and Brownlee.

Advertisement
He may be. I think they are going to monitor Good and see how he develops.

He may get dropped, or he may be one of most valued guys by February. We already have two high-floor guys in Couch and Brownlee.

I hope it’s the later.

Advertisement
Back