Damarius Good

Y'all should give this article a read. It discusses 247's new evaluation method for CB's and how it stems from the the CB's drafted in the NFL. Think we as fans may want to let our coaches do the evaluating because I think they're ahead of the curve in that dep't in regard to finding the best athletes to put on the field.

2018 NFL Draft gives us lessons to learn for high school cornerback evaluations

In summary: Biggest positive for a CB is his ball skills that can be determined by his interception rate or his offensive production(which Good has). Also said not to stress on measurable(a la Tavares McFadden).

Last edited:
Advertisement
Usually wouldn't mind this take, but we need to flip Semar Melvin who just committed to Wisconsin, an drop this kid, who could be a faster Ryan Mayes.

Or could be an Artie Burns...I have mixed feelings on the take, esp this early...But you guys are getting carried away with it per uzh

I look for great athletes. It takes a while for this guy to reach top speed and his top speed isn't elite. I'm just judging off his RB film.

The 1st run on his junior Hudl and the run at :37 definitely shows elite speed, the :37 play the kid explodes, not a lot of players his size can explode out of a cut and get 20+ in a blur like that.

I think it gets lost that these were the guys we could not take in prior classes because of low overall numbers stemming from Nevin the snitch & the NCAA. Now we actually have a 2 deep at DB we can take a guy that we don't need to step in day 1. Two years ago they may have opted for a more ready guy with a lower ceiling. CMR is playing chess

OP, height, weight, and speed are not “intangibles.”

If we can’t take a 6’1 200 pound kid with elite speed who likes to hit and make him a good CB, then we suck. All this garbage about not playing CB in HS is retarded.

I’m happy to see us doing outside-the-box evaluations like this.

Advertisement
I think it gets lost that these were the guys we could not take in prior classes because of low overall numbers stemming from Nevin the snitch & the NCAA. Now we actually have a 2 deep at DB we can take a guy that we don't need to step in day 1. Two years ago they may have opted for a more ready guy with a lower ceiling. CMR is playing chess
Well if we want a guy who doesn't have to play day 1 but has size, range, an actually plays corner go after Myles Bell,only reason his name isn't bigger is because he's coming of a shoulder injury I think, so he couldn't do camps this off-season, though he was here a couple weeks back with STA for the 7on7, kid is 6ft or 6'1 as well

Well if we want a guy who doesn't have to play day 1 but has size, range, an actually plays corner go after Myles Bell,only reason his name isn't bigger is because he's coming of a shoulder injury I think, so he couldn't do camps this off-season, though he was here a couple weeks back with STA for the 7on7, kid is 6ft or 6'1 as well

How many different STA CBs are you going to push for us to pursue in this thread?

We should def drop him then. Richt obviously has less experience identifying talent.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did should he not have a good senior year. That or maybe they see him playing another position.

Either way, your comment is something that various posters have said about Coker, Shannon, and even Golden. This is an opinion board where ninety percent of the posts are just that, opinions.

Advertisement
This kid Good is not a house hold name and not a top recruit, so of course ppl on here not feeling him!!

BUT let this same kid get offers from Bama, OSU, Clemson, LSU and others NOW ALL OF A SUDDEN, Miami needs to keep him and IF he de-commits now our staff sucks, BUT before those offers he wasn't Miami caliber BUT the offers came in, NOW that stamps him as a top recruit!!

Some ppl on here, just need to get another hobby, because IF Miami recruit any less than a 4 star or 5 star, to them MIAMI is wasting their time!! BUt this same staff have uncovered a few overlooked recruits in ever class since they got here and we have also seen commits go unnoticed THEN MIAMI OFFER THEM AND THEN THEY BLOW UP AND FORGOT ABOUT MIAMI..

Advertisement
Y'all should give this article a read. It discusses 247's new evaluation method for CB's and how it stems from the the CB's drafted in the NFL. Think we as fans may want to let our coaches do the evaluating because I think they're ahead of the curve in that depot in regard to finding the best athletes to put on the field.

In summary: Biggest positive for a CB in his ball skills that can be determined by his interception rate or his offensive production(which Good has). Also said not to stress on measurable(a la Tavares McFadden).

McFadden always got a bunch of int's though soooo....

Y'all should give this article a read. It discusses 247's new evaluation method for CB's and how it stems from the the CB's drafted in the NFL. Think we as fans may want to let our coaches do the evaluating because I think they're ahead of the curve in that depot in regard to finding the best athletes to put on the field.

In summary: Biggest positive for a CB in his ball skills that can be determined by his interception rate or his offensive production(which Good has). Also said not to stress on measurable(a la Tavares McFadden).

I saw the other evaluation articles and they look like with how I think. Take the athletes (especially at OL/DL) that can play basketball good because basketball takes a certain level of athleticism/stamina to play even at the HS level.

I also thought it was better to recruit thinner OL/DL to because it easier to tell a 260-280 kid to eat up while he has direction from the nutritionist/SC coach to gain weight properly (unless their HC is Al Golden) compared to a 310 just gain all that weight in HS from stuffing their face with 100 cheeseburgers a day. It easier to gain strength then gain speed/quickness. But I wouldn't pass on a 310 4/5 star kid because guys of that size are usually rated that high because of their athleticism.

Anyways, Good still has his senior year. I wasn't impressed with Ezzard from his Jr, film but I was from his senior film.

On another note. If Ezzard becomes a beast I hope the fans scream E-Z (easy). That would be dope.

Advertisement

Pretty interesting read.

He has excellent ball skills and quick reaction when adjusting to football in the air, which will transition to a solid DB with coaching. Good and Brownlee are great players to have and future all Americans!

He has excellent ball skills and quick reaction when adjusting to football in the air, which will transition to a solid DB with coaching. Good and Brownlee are great players to have and future all Americans!
Excellent ball skills? Where? lol

McFadden always got a bunch of int's though soooo....
They said he was a head scratcher so he might be the main outlier. The film he put out from last season was horrible too plus he's slow. If he could've entered the draft after his sophomore season he would've been a 1st round pick.

Advertisement
Back