Damarius Good

miamicanes0403

Recruit
My Cane Brothers.. Give your insight on how you feel about this prospect. To me DG was one of the many sleepers in Florida. He has the potential to be great IMO. His intangibles are amazing.. from his height, weight, 4.4 speed, versatility and he’s not afraid of contact. Perfect fit to switch to the defensive side of the ball. He has no experience at the DB position but with the right coaching from Coach Rumph I think he can be a big impact for us in the future. He plays like a man amongst boys in his highlight tapes. I have a good feeling he’s gonna excel at that position.

Advertisement
Incomplete evaluation right now, not in love with his film and I dont See 10.6 track speed on his film. Need to see how he progresses his Senior year

Reminds me of the old days, when we recruited athletes, that 10.6 in an official track meet is impressive.

Advertisement
I don't mind him in this class he has good size an speed an u can see on very little film he is a football player! 6'1 an 180 an a 4.4 is very good measureables for a corner. I have faith he will turn out a baller! Sometimes the star sysytem is **** look at harveys film for example! I trust our staff especially after that comment from staff about when they recruit a player its the kind of player thats gonna help us beat Clemson i trust them no reason not to!!! Go Canes! P.s Good could end up a drop if Battle, Stevenson an MAR wants to play db an yes i would take David over Good kis is gonna be a **** good corner!

Most important aspect you mentioned is Good not being afraid of contact. You can teach or he can learn the rest, but soft tends to remain soft. I like the risk/reward set up with this take. Rumph's version of Frankenstein's monster.

Go Canes!

You can't always teach CB skills. They are some super fast guys who just don't have the hips or reaction time to track a WR.

That said, I don't mind taking him as our 3rd CB. Couch and Brownlee both have excellent cover skills. Good gives us a guy with possibly a higher ceiling than those two. And if he can't learn CB, he could still be a big ST contributor.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The film I saw he looked liked a a future all-american, but he was balling against suburban white boys. That said, his measurables are sick. What is his competition like?

That’s what up sayin. Idk about the competition but man he was man amongst boys oh there

Size and length, speed, fluidity and converts speed to power. Good has NFL caliber physical traits so it's up to the staff to develop him positionally. He's a better CB project than Bethel (more straight-linish, less physicality) from last year.

Advertisement
Size and length, speed, fluidity and converts speed to power. Good has NFL caliber physical traits so it's up to the staff to develop him positionally. He's a better CB project than Bethel (more straight-linish, less physicality) from last year.
Except for the fact Bethel has actually played CB in HS, Good has only been a RB/WR, never taken a single snap at DB in 3 years.

Incomplete evaluation right now, not in love with his film and I dont See 10.6 track speed on his film. Need to see how he progresses his Senior year

That's probably because you're watching his football highlights, not his track highlights.

Advertisement
Except for the fact Bethel has actually played CB in HS, Good has only been a RB/WR, never taken a single snap at DB in 3 years.

Bethel was primarily a WR and I believe led MNW in receiving last year.

Good played DB his Sophomore season, it's literally his Sophomore Hudl film. So saying he has never taken a snap there is just a straight up lie debunked with 15 seconds of research

Elite CB measurables. (for a high school kid)

He'll be a 6'0"-6'1" 200lb college CB with 4.4 speed. Let's hope we can turn him into a decent Corner.

Advertisement
Back