Damarius Good commits

Advertisement
As fast as his track times are, he just doesn't look that fast on film. Sure, hes fast, but there are times where guys run right with him. It could be fatigue, who knows.

Anyhow, welcome to the family. I have my doubts at this point as that's not all that impressive of film to me. I can't run that fast, so whatever right! Do your thing and be proud this day. Get after it and take the opportunity to run with it.

Pre spring evals, our board was a bunch of out of state long shots per BrooklynDee. None of them had reciprocal interest, so we had to expand our board. Say what you want about Sango, Dixon, Davis, Couch, etc. our staff just has never been super high on any of them. Do I agree? Not quite but all 4 of those guys have flaws. Coaches identified Good and Brownlee as two guys who they believe they have the tools to play at a high level at UM. Watch the recruitment for these 2 blow up (think DJ Ivey). Overall, I like the pickup. Get him to paradise and continue to evaluate him during his senior year. If we got a gem, great! If not, cool on him and he will take the hint.

what's the latest on Sango? Haven't heard his name mentioned recently

You don’t take a kid this early if he’s not on top of your board. Trust the coaches
He's definitely not at the top of the board, but the staff clearly likes him enough to take the commitment. This is one of those situations where you take a lower rated kid early to get a position group started so you can focus on higher rated recruits.

Advertisement
this kid is awful .. i turned off his film after 2 plays ... playing vs sorry competition .. I cannot belive this staff right now.

A guy on a message board doesn't like this kid but the staff does? I just don't know who to trust right now...

SlowLinearAmazontreeboa-max-1mb.gif

Can’t get too excited about a kid hasn’t played CB. I see the speed and the fearless play and I like that but this is a project.

And I’m not upset with taking a project, but we better sign an alpha at CB to go along with him and probably Brownlee as our CB class. I guess if his Senior year doesn’t work out we could always just part ways but I just hope we are right and can avoid going that route. Just gotta trust Rumph/Banda/Manny and co here.

I hope he gets some time at CB this year but when taking “projects” you want to see a few things:

1. Does he have physical traits that can be developed? Check.
2. Does he have the right attitude and mentality? Not sure but his 2nd play he leveled someone so I’ll go ahead and say check.
3. If he doesn’t develop, can we find a use for him? With his size and speed he can def contribute on ST.

Banda did this with Nigel bethel too, hope these projects work out ....

Why not accept a commitment from Cornelius Nunn a local dbs over him? Or pursue Jarvis Brownlee ahead of him who we just offered?

Not completely sold yet but we will see
Maybe because they simply don't think they're as good.
Or maybe those 2 aren't ready to commit yet, and Good is.

Seems pretty simple.

Advertisement
Kid will play at Miami if he enrolls. You see him outrun some good angles when he is running at 100%. He blocks like he wants to kill someone. Is he a 5* no but he has good upside.

Advertisement
He is a freakish athlete. He loves to lay the wood. You can't teach those qualities. He'll be a day one contributor on STs at the very least. No idea if he'll be a great DB. But we always ***** and moan about other teams offering Florida kids before we do, and now our staff does an eval and gives a hard offer to a kid before anyone else and some are disappointed. That's *****ing just to *****.

Let's not rewrite history. Garvin, Ford and Rousseau were all unheralded before Kool found them. It was Kool's reputation that got them their third and partial fourth stars from the rating agencies. There are a lot of those types in these past couple of classes. By and large, this staff's batting percentage is pretty high on quality. This is a kid you take a flyer on, IMHO.

Maybe because they simply don't think they're as good.
Or maybe those 2 aren't ready to commit yet, and Good is.

Seems pretty simple.
Idk still think it’s a bit too early for this, with paradise camp I would have rather had him compete with the other cbs we were recruiting as well. By the way are we still recruiting John Dixon from Tampa hard? He has very good film as well.

Advertisement
Sam Shields, Artie Burns and Michael Jackson. All were RAW at CB when they came here. All had elite measurables. Not saying this kid will be like them. But we have a pretty good history of channeling speed and aggression, even under ****** coaches.

Not overly impressed but i defer to the staff. I do have to say with the amount of talented DBs in South Florida i have no idea why we would go after "project" players. I have little confidence in our DB recruiting. Hope they prove me wrong though.

Sam Shields, Artie Burns and Michael Jackson. All were RAW at CB when they came here. All had elite measurables. Not saying this kid will be like them. But we have a pretty good history of channeling speed and aggression, even under ****** coaches.

6' 0" 183lbs
10.63 100m

Kid may or may not work out, but he's not golden special.

Last year we took Bethel based on upside...every class has a few of those spots. And, IMO, this kid has more upside than Bethel. Nice pick up, now lets close on some true CB prospects.

Advertisement
Back