Dabo adding serious coaching talent....

Advertisement
idk about that. they have a decent program history but the run they put together this last decade my be an outlier instead of the norm going forward.
I understand that, but this outlier time their people has given dabo everythkng he’s wanted and it happened before rad! Let’s see, Like I said let’s hope our admin keeps doing what we need to do

I wonder if Dabo will have health issues....ala Urban Meyer after Clemson has an average season and he realizes he doesn't have the horses anymore....

Then magically, after a short time off, he'll magically recover to coach another team.

**** Cottonwood is a dump. Good Christmas laugh. One of the smallest backwood schools in Alabama. Close to Malone, Florida and about the same size. Dabo Fallin off majorly.
Dude, what do you know about Malone. My mom's family is from there. Grandparents had a farm just outside the town. Still have family farming in the area.

Of course you aren't wrong about Malone or Cottonwood. I am just surprised to see it mentioned because it so backwoods.

I'm embarrassed -- I missed this on the first look:

Evans previously served as an assistant football coach at Cottonwood High School.

So, dude wasn't even a head coach and now he's gonna be a defensive analyst and help with recruiting.

This is worse than any Coker hire after he cleaned house.

Advertisement
idk about that. they have a decent program history but the run they put together this last decade my be an outlier instead of the norm going forward.
This may be arguing semantics but six straight conference championships, six years finishing ranked in the top 4 with 2 Nattys isn't an "outlier". Coach O's LSU natty is an "outlier".

Whether Clemson / Dabo are able to sustain it remains to be seen but every school not named Bama would've taken that "outlier" over the 6 seasons before this one.

Dude, what do you know about Malone. My mom's family is from there. Grandparents had a farm just outside the town. Still have family farming in the area.

Of course you aren't wrong about Malone or Cottonwood. I am just surprised to see it mentioned because it so backwoods.
I'm from Dothan, Alabama. Malone is very small and so is Cottonwood. So the fact anybody from around that area gets hired on even a division 3 level is big news. Dabo bout to run Clemson in the ground before he leaves.

This may be arguing semantics but six straight conference championships, six years finishing ranked in the top 4 with 2 Nattys isn't an "outlier". Coach O's LSU natty is an "outlier".

Whether Clemson / Dabo are able to sustain it remains to be seen but every school not named Bama would've taken that "outlier" over the 6 seasons before this one.
They've been playing football for 50+ years and only been dominant for like 6 of them. That's definitely not the norm. Regardless, I said it may be an outlier. Wasn't speaking in fact.

Advertisement
They hired an analyst to replace Venables - the guy wasn't even a position coach. They also hired their QB coach to replace Tony Elliot. Did you not see how awful Clemson QBs were this year?

I'd gladly take our purposed coaching staff over whatever the **** Dabo is doing...

They've been playing football for 50+ years and only been dominant for like 6 of them. That's definitely not the norm. Regardless, I said it may be an outlier. Wasn't speaking in fact.
I get what you're saying but who, other than Clemson and Bama have been "dominant" by your definition over the last 20 years? What's the "norm" anymore?

I'm definitely not intending to be antagonistic. I just wonder by your definition, who anymore - in this era - would not be considered an outlier? Sure, Bama has historic roots but for the better part of the 40 years prior to the Saban years, were also just "ok" (their 1993 Natty against us be damned).

We now live in a world where historical records don't seem to matter and any program with the right set of administrative support, coaching, and talent can find its way to the top (see Georgia who hasn't won a championship since 1980 or Cincy who is G5).

For some - the proverbial legacy powerhouses and blue-bloods - contending for championships may be easier than for others. Staying at the top is a whole other matter. But Clemson has done that in recent history better than anyone other than Bama. And Dabo's continued success is why I'm not ready to write them off just yet.

But it's also just as easy for the "blue-bloods" to fall. Just look at USC, Nebraska, FSU, UF, and - sadly - us these last 16 years. My only guilty pleasure is Cane's football so I'm hopeful we'll get back to the top sooner than later. I think we finally have the right combo of admin support, coaching, with the potential of talent acquisition to get there.

First off, we’ll done, you got me. I was thinking “I guess he got whatever the problem is cleaned up”.

Second, bwahahahhahahahaaa…his f*cking college roommate? THAT’S who he hired? That’s maybe the most desperate thing I’ve ever heard. Way to send the football world the signal that nobody wants to work for you.

I get what you're saying but who, other than Clemson and Bama have been "dominant" by your definition over the last 20 years? What's the "norm" anymore?

I'm definitely not intending to be antagonistic. I just wonder by your definition, who anymore - in this era - would not be considered an outlier? Sure, Bama has historic roots but for the better part of the 40 years prior to the Saban years, were also just "ok" (their 1993 Natty against us be damned).

We now live in a world where historical records don't seem to matter and any program with the right set of administrative support, coaching, and talent can find its way to the top (see Georgia who hasn't won a championship since 1980 or Cincy who is G5).

For some - the proverbial legacy powerhouses and blue-bloods - contending for championships may be easier than for others. Staying at the top is a whole other matter. But Clemson has done that in recent history better than anyone other than Bama. And Dabo's continued success is why I'm not ready to write them off just yet.

But it's also just as easy for the "blue-bloods" to fall. Just look at USC, Nebraska, FSU, UF, and - sadly - us these last 16 years. My only guilty pleasure is Cane's football so I'm hopeful we'll get back to the top sooner than later. I think we finally have the right combo of admin support, coaching, with the potential of talent acquisition to get there.
I think Canes fans use the 80s to 2002 as the benchmark. Like if you don’t win that many over that period you are somehow not worthy. Basically, we don’t respect anyone. Bowden won 10+ for over a decade, but we were like “he doesn’t win championships”. Clemson has been winning but not for long enough. Where was bama for all those years. uf only won a few. Nebraska and Texas haven’t been heard from in 20+ years. USC has been almost that long, and they weren’t any good for a long time before that.

Saban’s had to win a ton of NCs over more than a decade for us to even admit bama is decent. And we all expect them to rank as soon as he’s gone.

This isn’t a rational place.

Advertisement

Cottonwood has some fiya @ss produce stands though, we drive through there on the way to my wife's parents house in Dothan.

Winning at Clemson is bigger than the ad it starts with the President and the boosters! They will be fine, we just need to keep the pressure on them all!!

Jury is out whether Clemson will be "fine". They got lucky with Dabo; former wideouts coach on Tommy Bowden's staff who took over as interim coach and was there half a decade (dropping bags) before they became "Clemson".

Tony Elliott had no resume before landing co-OC gig in 2015; Clemson RBs for a few years and a wideouts coach before that (Furman and South Carolina State.) Jeff Scott coached Tigers running backs before joining Elliott—coached wideouts for Presbyterian a year before that and was a high school head coach one year before that. Brent Venables was the only proven name on that staff.

Going into 2022, Radakovich is at Miami ... Venables at Oklahoma ... Elliott at Virginia ... Scott at South Florida.

Clemson made noise for a few years with a bunch of rag tag guys (and one stud defensive coach).

To assume they're going replace a top flight AD and all coordinators; this goes well become the president and boosters—someone is going to have to make some good, big moves to replace all they lost—and they don't have a history of landing top flight guys; they've leaned on diamonds in the rough with everyone, outside of Venables.

Advertisement
Now that they lost Radakovich, I wonder if they're going to start running their operation lime a mom and pop bodega.
Something is wrong with Clemson but they can still be good and survive a few years cause of those classes they recruited up front. The QB play has been dreadful but they can still win that weak side of the acc. But that QB play makes them ordinary af......if they don't have their usual monster classes they will slowly start to become what they used to be. Get an occasional stud here and there but not a difference cause it won't be enough.

Dude, what do you know about Malone.
Wassup North Florida Canesfam!!

Malone still got that killa fried chicken in the IGA deli? Used to wear that yardbird out back in the day!

Fried Chicken Eating GIF

Last edited:
First off, we’ll done, you got me. I was thinking “I guess he got whatever the problem is cleaned up”.

Second, bwahahahhahahahaaa…his f*cking college roommate? THAT’S who he hired? That’s maybe the most desperate thing I’ve ever heard. Way to send the football world the signal that nobody wants to work for you.
Dabo putting his college roommate on the payroll is basically nepotism taking care of a family member. Secondly, for whatever reason, Dabo seems comfortable only working with people he knows. I'd be shocked if he hired anyone on his staff that wasn't a friend or doesn't have Clemson ties.

Advertisement
Back