CWS 2021 thread

Advertisement
News flash: two teams doing well doesn’t say anything about an entire conference. It says something about those two teams. In case you missed it, one ACC team in particular was eliminated by the AAC and Sun Be
All joking aside, how pathetic is it that we are arguing over whether or not conference pride should be a thing. We used to be the team in the World Series, not caring what other teams were doing.
an
You don't think level of conference play and competition matters to recruits? How much it does depends on the kid. I rather Miami play in a top 2 or 3 conference than one that is not.
Don't try to explain that logic to these folks. That's advanced logic. Can only use their logic skills to explain our problems. Which of course we have!!

Advertisement
Great game. 123 pitches for Leiter. Freshman from NC State kept them in check. First time Vandy was shut out all year.

Still the same conference, still your enemy when your goal is to win the Coastal and then the ACC. LOL at I'm tripping, I don't care how they do in Omaha to be honest, but conference pride in baseball is: :pgdead:. And yes all schools try to get into Florida for baseball prospects, it is LOADED. NC Sts HR leader this season is from Florida. BUT even if they don't get kids we want winning in Omaha likely gets them better kids overall, thus the teams we need to beat get better. It's common sense to me......

/all that said I am actually pulling for NC St myself, so I guess I'm a conference homer too, LOL. Something about them I like, but them being an ACC team has ZERO to do with it.
Show me 1 player Miami recruited that went to another ACC school other than FSU. Answer: NONE. We lose baseball players to UF more than any other school. You're way off with this weak *** idea that you are some how stronger if your opponents are weaker. That same thinking would rather have UNC's football team weak in order to beat them to win the Coastal. That doesn't get you anywhere except blown out in the championship game. Rise to the level of your best opponents or sit your *** down and STFU!!!! The baseball team should take note of NC State and Virginia and elevate their game next year in order to get back to annual Omaha visits. NC State and/or Virginia losing at the CWS doesn't get Miami any closer to winning a title. It's that same backwards *** thinking that has kept the program in Mediocrity. Just be a little better than your conference and Coastal opponents. Hope they suck so you can shine!!! GTFOH with that failed mindset and philosophy!!! It's path to nowhere.

Last edited:
Advertisement
You completely missed the point again, but I don't care to drag this on any further. Good chat Ace. Your baseball IQ since I have been here has been less than stellar, so I'm not surprised.

NC St has beat Kobbs and Leiter in the postseason, that is **** near impossible to do. Omaha is one of the hardest things in all of college sports to predict. I have sat there in the stands amd seen 4 seeds with 30plus losses that were essentially "last ins" get hot and win it all. Seen UCLA win it all with a team that hit .225.

Right now the Pack are on fire amd playing **** good mistake free ball.

**** Arkansas was a prohibitive betting favorite after the regional and a 21-2 win and they didn't make it and NC St was the biggest betting dog when the field was set.
No sport is more vulnerable to the "hot team" theory than College Baseball.

Last edited:
Don't try to explain that logic to these folks. That's advanced logic. Can only use their logic skills to explain our problems. Which of course we have!!
So you think having two ACC teams in the World Series helps Miami. Explain that advanced logic, remembering that we have been in the ACC for a long time now. Thank you.

Advertisement
Show me 1 player Miami recruited that went to another ACC school other than FSU. Answer: NONE. We lose baseball players to UF more than any other school. Your way off with this weak *** idea that you are some how stronger if your opponents are weaker. That same thinking would rather have UNC's football team weak in order to beat them to win the Coastal. That doesn't get you anywhere except blown out in the championship game. Rise to the level of your best opponents or sit your *** down and STFU!!!! The baseball team should take note of NC State and Virginia and elevate their game next year in order to get back to annual Omaha visits. NC State and/or Virginia losing at the CWS doesn't get Miami any closer to winning a title. It's that same backwards *** thinking that has kept the program in Mediocrity. Just be a little better than your conference and Coastal opponents. Hope they suck so you can shine!!! GTFOH with that failed mindset and philosophy!!! It's path to nowhere.
Miami's baseball team should elevate their game next year? ****, why didn't we think of that before.

1988 - 2004 (17 years, pre-ACC): 12 CWS appearances, 2 national titles, 1 national runner-up
2005 - 2021 (17 years, ACC): 4 CWS appearances, 0 national titles, 3 total wins in Omaha!!

Thank goodness for the ACC making us stronger.

Advertisement
That wasn't his point.
He said specifically that Miami should take note of NC State and Virginia and elevate their game. That's a quote. As though our staff doesn't know that we need to elevate our game and needed to watch the CWS to figure that out.

So, like I said, ****, why didn't we think of that before.

Choose your battles, mod. You're off on this one.

He said specifically that Miami should take note of NC State and Virginia and elevate their game. That's a quote. As though our staff doesn't know that we need to elevate our game and needed to watch the CWS to figure that out.

So, like I said, ****, why didn't we think of that before.

Choose your battles, mod. You're off on this one.
Keep reading. He also clearly states the backward thing about not wanting our ACC rivals to win as if that somehow improves us.

The entire discussion has been about the level of enthusiasm over other ACC teams.

Keep reading. He also clearly states the backward thing about not wanting our ACC rivals to win as if that somehow improves us.

The entire discussion has been about the level of enthusiasm over other ACC teams.
Right, he went on to make a different point. That tends to happen in long posts. I addressed a specific point, and it was laughable.

I just wish we had “taken note” of successful teams before now. Maybe we could have avoided all of these miserable seasons. Who knew, though.

Advertisement
Back