CWS 2021 thread

The ACC is dominating in the CWS. NC State 10-4 over Stanford and Virginia 6-0 over Tennessee in their CWS first game wins. Ironically, the 2 ACC teams Miami went 4-1 against turned their seasons around and are very strong in the post season. Rooting for our ACC breatharian.

Advertisement
The ACC is dominating in the CWS. NC State 10-4 over Stanford and Virginia 6-0 over Tennessee in their CWS first game wins. Ironically, the 2 ACC teams Miami went 4-1 against turned their seasons around and are very strong in the post season. Rooting for our ACC breatharian.
Yep. So much for the Acc bashing by some of our baseball doctorate educated Canes fans!

Serious question as to why you and a few others are rooting for other ACC teams? Nobody is gonna think Miami was a better team if State or Virginia won a championship. The argument about the ACC only winning one title since 1955 doesn’t include Miami and our fans are very quick to remind everyone of that. So what’s the reasoning behind it?

Yep. So much for the Acc bashing by some of our baseball doctorate educated Canes fans!
News flash: two teams doing well doesn’t say anything about an entire conference. It says something about those two teams. In case you missed it, one ACC team in particular was eliminated by the AAC and Sun Belt.

Advertisement
Serious question as to why you and a few others are rooting for other ACC teams? Nobody is gonna think Miami was a better team if State or Virginia won a championship. The argument about the ACC only winning one title since 1955 doesn’t include Miami and our fans are very quick to remind everyone of that. So what’s the reasoning behind it?
If you have to ask, move on.

If we are not in it why not root for our conference to win it? Unless it was FSU. Would you rather see another conference? Kind of a dumb question if you ask me.

I made no such equivalence of boosting Miami because we were 4-1 against them. That's you making it up. If anything it shows what Miami could have done if the team made any improvement over the course of the season which they were up and down at best.

I root for the ACC because it's our conference and I take pride in that we have a strong conference.

Advertisement
Miss St seems like an easy team to dislike

their pitcher Bednark is screaming from the dugout even though he enjoyed the widest strike zone I’ve seen in a long time

If we are not in it why not root for our conference to win it? Unless it was FSU. Would you rather see another conference? Kind of a dumb question if you ask me.
If it’s not Miami and it’s not rooting against a rival who cares? Idk how people can root for teams you’re in direct competition with every year. Will I root against Miss St bc I dislike them and against Vandy bc I’m tired of seeing them win? Absolutely. But after that it’s irrelevant.

I made no such equivalence of boosting Miami because we were 4-1 against them. That's you making it up. If anything it shows what Miami could have done if the team made any improvement over the course of the season which they were up and down at best.

I root for the ACC because it's our conference and I take pride in that we have a strong conference.
So Miami could have won a championship if they were better? Yes I’d say not sucking would give you a decent chance.

And let’s be very clear, It only proves the team that won was good. Was the Big West good when Fullerton won it? What about the WAC when Rice or Fresno won it? How good was the Big South when Coastal won?

One team finishing well above everyone else in their conference winning it just shows there's only one good team in the conference (Fullerton, Coastal Carolina, Rice, etc.). Two teams making the CWS from the same conference that were not head and shoulders above the rest shows they were in a tough conference. Even good teams in a tough conference can lose a baseball game sometimes to lesser teams.

Advertisement
So Miami could have won a championship if they were better? Yes I’d say not sucking would give you a decent chance.

And let’s be very clear, It only proves the team that won was good. Was the Big West good when Fullerton won it? What about the WAC when Rice or Fresno won it? How good was the Big South when Coastal won?
Dude, my post was about the ACC teams in the CWS. You trying to take over my post and make it something it was never intended to be. JUST STOP!!!!

One team finishing well above everyone else in their conference winning it just shows there's only one good team in the conference (Fullerton, Coastal Carolina, Rice, etc.). Two teams making the CWS from the same conference that were not head and shoulders above the rest shows they were in a tough conference. Even good teams in a tough conference can lose a baseball game sometimes to lesser teams.
No it shows they’re good teams that got hot at the right time. Every P5 conference is tough and baseball is a hard game. It’s a long season you play 50-60+ games. The ups and downs show up for everybody. Arkansas was the best team all year and lost to State. Not bc they aren’t as good, but bc State was better two days in a row.

Dude, my post was about the ACC teams in the CWS. You trying to take over my post and make it something it was never intended to be. JUST STOP!!!!
Conference chanting isn’t acceptable when the SEC does it for Bama in football and it’s not acceptable for UVA and State in the CWS either.

Advertisement
Omaha is about being hot. I sat there one year and watched a Regional 4 seed with 31 losses win it all. NO ONE had them winning a game, nevermind the whole thing. The takes in here are laughable.

See I don't, I don't want them having rings to show recruits and then we have to play them every year. Why is your enemy winning a good thing? I can't get that.

See I don't, I don't want them having rings to show recruits and then we have to play them every year. Why is your enemy winning a good thing? I can't get that.
This ain't football. You trippin' homey!!! We don't even recruit in the same footprint of any ACC school except FSU. They're the only ACC school I would NOT root for in the CWS.

Advertisement
Back