CWS 2021 thread

Conference chanting isn’t acceptable when the SEC does it for Bama in football and it’s not acceptable for UVA and State in the CWS either.
That's only for weak minded people that need their opponents to fail in order to make themselves look good. I'm not with that. You don't make the rules!!!

Advertisement
Having multiple teams from a conference makes all the teams in a conference look better than having just one dominant team.

That said, its not enough to go buying ACC t-shirts or anything like that. Then you're as bad as the SEC also-rans trying to ride coattails.

Having multiple teams from a conference makes all the teams in a conference look better than having just one dominant team.

That said, its not enough to go buying ACC t-shirts or anything like that. Then you're as bad as the SEC also-rans trying to ride coattails.
Unfortunately, we are now that also-ran team that is cheering for Virginia to carry us in baseball and Clemson to carry us in football. Basketball is just hopeless.

All joking aside, how pathetic is it that we are arguing over whether or not conference pride should be a thing. We used to be the team in the World Series, not caring what other teams were doing.

Now we’re hoping that Virginia and NC State can put a band-aid on our own failures.

Advertisement
Unfortunately, we are now that also-ran team that is cheering for Virginia to carry us in baseball and Clemson to carry us in football. Basketball is just hopeless.
Speak for yourself, I'm not cheering anyone on.

This ain't football. You trippin' homey!!! We don't even recruit in the same footprint of any ACC school except FSU. They're the only ACC school I would NOT root for in the CWS.
Still the same conference, still your enemy when your goal is to win the Coastal and then the ACC. LOL at I'm tripping, I don't care how they do in Omaha to be honest, but conference pride in baseball is: :pgdead:. And yes all schools try to get into Florida for baseball prospects, it is LOADED. NC Sts HR leader this season is from Florida. BUT even if they don't get kids we want winning in Omaha likely gets them better kids overall, thus the teams we need to beat get better. It's common sense to me......

/all that said I am actually pulling for NC St myself, so I guess I'm a conference homer too, LOL. Something about them I like, but them being an ACC team has ZERO to do with it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Still the same conference, still your enemy when your goal is to win the Coastal and then the ACC. LOL at I'm tripping, I don't care how they do in Omaha to be honest, but conference pride in baseball is: :pgdead:. And yes all schools try to get into Florida for baseball prospects, it is LOADED. NC Sts HR leader this season is from Florida. BUT even if they don't get kids we want winning in Omaha likely gets them better kids overall, thus the teams we need to beat get better. It's common sense to me......

/all that said I am actually pulling for NC St myself, so I guess I'm a conference homer too, LOL. Something about them I like, but them being an ACC team has ZERO to do with it.
The first two paragraphs are correct and I t’s not a hard concept to understand. With that said you pulling for State isn’t acceptable. I live around these people and they are insufferable. Don’t pile it on man 😂

For me personally, if Miami isn't in the CWS, my rooting interests are 1. rooting against any teams I hate (UiF, FSU, etc) and 2. rooting for exciting games, standout individual performances, and maybe some underdogs. Miami was independent for too much of my life and the Tobacco Rd mafia too prevalent for me to become a conference cheerleader.

The first two paragraphs are correct and I t’s not a hard concept to understand. With that said you pulling for State isn’t acceptable. I live around these people and they are insufferable. Don’t pile it on man 😂
I just like em this year for some reason, I pick a team every year I like to root for if we are not there. But the conference they are from has no bearing on the matter.

Advertisement
If NC St beats Leiter tonight they gonna be in the driver's seat. That is no small task but neither was beating Kopps in a Game 3 win or go home.

Advertisement
So Miami could have won a championship if they were better? Yes I’d say not sucking would give you a decent chance.

And let’s be very clear, It only proves the team that won was good. Was the Big West good when Fullerton won it? What about the WAC when Rice or Fresno won it? How good was the Big South when Coastal won?
You don't think level of conference play and competition matters to recruits? How much it does depends on the kid. I rather Miami play in a top 2 or 3 conference than one that is not.

You don't think level of conference play and competition matters to recruits? How much it does depends on the kid. I rather Miami play in a top 2 or 3 conference than one that is not.
The ACC is never falling out of the top 3-4 in baseball. As far as I’m concerned and most east coast kids in general, the PAC 12 is irrelevant so you could make the argument that it’ll never fall past 3. It didn’t deter kids from coming to play in a conference with 1 title since 1955 so I think it’ll be just fine.

The ACC is never falling out of the top 3-4 in baseball. As far as I’m concerned and most east coast kids in general, the PAC 12 is irrelevant so you could make the argument that it’ll never fall past 3. It didn’t deter kids from coming to play in a conference with 1 title since 1955 so I think it’ll be just fine.

Not to mention, being in the ACC hasn't helped us one bit. Try to find the last time we were in the winner's bracket of the CWS.

Advertisement
Back