CWS 2021 thread

I just wish we had “taken note” of successful teams before now. Maybe we could have avoided all of these miserable seasons. Who knew, though.
What he seems to be trying to say is Miami since joining the acc for instance, winning the coastal hasn't been a stated goal cause it was assumed (actually football too) has had this mentality where they don't value the race to get to the post season (major bowl, playoff or cws) that's what I think they need to learn from NC State and Virginia. Stay as the hungry team, always

Advertisement
What he seems to be trying to say is Miami since joining the acc for instance, winning the coastal hasn't been a stated goal cause it was assumed (actually football too) has had this mentality where they don't value the race to get to the post season (major bowl, playoff or cws) that's what I think they need to learn from NC State and Virginia. Stay as the hungry team, always
All teams should be hungry, no?

South Alabama and UCF were more post season ready than Miami. Think about that. We were GIFTED a regional and didn't even put up a fight. LMAO at "take note" of other teams from our conference.

ACC! ACC! ACC!

GTFOH

South Alabama and UCF were more post season ready than Miami. Think about that. We were GIFTED a regional and didn't even put up a fight. LMAO at "take note" of other teams from our conference.

ACC! ACC! ACC!

GTFOH
We had zero offense when it counted. That doesn't mean anything to NC State or VA, nor should it.

It is better to fail in a conference that has strong competition than one that doesn't. Better yet, don't fail. We have work to do. The hitting coach position needs serious scrutiny for one.

We had zero offense when it counted. That doesn't mean anything to NC State or VA, nor should it.

It is better to fail in a conference that has strong competition than one that doesn't. Better yet, don't fail. We have work to do. The hitting coach position needs serious scrutiny for one.
Exactly the same way NC Sts Omaha run has no bearing on us getting outed by two no names in a gifted regional ....... The term you used 'better to fail....." is the EXACT problem the Hurricanes athletic teams have, people that think like that. way, it is a TERRIBLE mindset to think it's "better to lose if the teams around you are good", what a joke.

LMAO @ conference pride in baseball

Advertisement
Again, if it took NC State to get anyone associated with the program to say, “hey, that’s what we should try to do”, then everyone should be fired this morning.

Again, if it took NC State to get anyone associated with the program to say, “hey, that’s what we should try to do”, then everyone should be fired this morning.
Pointing Up Morgan Freeman GIF by MOODMAN

Exactly the same way NC Sts Omaha run has no bearing on us getting outed by two no names in a gifted regional ....... The term you used 'better to fail....." is the EXACT problem the Hurricanes athletic teams have, people that think like that. way, it is a TERRIBLE mindset to think it's "better to lose if the teams around you are good", what a joke.

LMAO @ conference pride in baseball
Not even close to the point. Conference pride is not the issue at all.

We lost in the regionals and didn't advance. That's done and can't be changed. Does it look better if other teams from our conference do well? Yes, it does. That's not rooting for our rivals to succeed, it's making the best of a ****** situation. The solution is to not be in that position in the first place.

Advertisement
Not even close to the point. Conference pride is not the issue at all.

We lost in the regionals and didn't advance. That's done and can't be changed. Does it look better if other teams from our conference do well? Yes, it does. That's not rooting for our rivals to succeed, it's making the best of a ****** situation. The solution is to not be in that position in the first place.
Why would you want the teams you play every year to get better? Once we are out we are out....... I am not an ACC baseball fan, I'm a Miami Hurricane baseball fan. I don't want to watch other ACC teams win and get better because of it, that's fools talk. I care about us, fluck the rest, esp if they ACC.

That's like the Cowboys hoping the Eagles succeed every season/playoff run/draft/off-season to help them get to a SB:pgdead:

Last edited:
Why would you want the teams you play every year to get better? Once we are out we are out....... I am not an ACC baseball fan, I'm a Miami Hurricane baseball fan. I don't want to watch other ACC teams win and get better because of it, that's fools talk. I care about us, fluck the rest, esp if they ACC.

That's like the Cowboys hoping the Eagles succeed every season/playoff run/draft/off-season to help them get to a SB:pgdead:
Again, I'm not talking about rooting for other ACC teams. Never have been.

Again, I'm not talking about rooting for other ACC teams. Never have been.
You are saying them having postseason success/any success is good for us in my eyes. It is not. That's all, but this is getting old so I will drop it buddy, all good. :fistbump:

Last edited:
Advertisement
Any team that can lose 2 of 3 to Miami and then beat Kobbs and Arkansas and Leiter and Vandy after being a regional 2 seed is the actual epitome of a "hot team".

Keep reading. He also clearly states the backward thing about not wanting our ACC rivals to win as if that somehow improves us.

The entire discussion has been about the level of enthusiasm over other ACC teams.
Don't bother with this Jagr jerk. He just loves to argue and belittle the Canes and Canes fans. Miserable Outlook on life.

Any team that can lose 2 of 3 to Miami and then beat Kobbs and Arkansas and Leiter and Vandy after being a regional 2 seed is the actual epitome of a "hot team".
Lol, tired argument. They might be really good and played miserable against us. Or we played the way we should have all year. Love this thread. They are hot, they are good, two teams don't define a conference, etc.

Advertisement
Lol, tired argument. They might be really good and played miserable against us. Or we played the way we should have all year. Love this thread. They are hot, they are good, two teams don't define a conference, etc.
They were so good they were 30-18, one of the lowest 2 seeds and the biggest betting dog in Omaha, beat the consensus #1 team 2 straight but yeah, they are not a "hot" team.....

LMAO

They were so good they were 30-18, one of the lowest 2 seeds and the biggest betting dog in Omaha, beat the consensus #1 team 2 straight but yeah, they are not a "hot" team.....

LMAO
Yet many others say they are really good. Lmao.

Advertisement
Back