Cutcliffe blames the crowd noise.....

God you guys argue and bicker like b*itches over the most trivial of things....

Advertisement
How is it news that Canes fans made some noise Saturday night? New phenomenon?? That's the subject of the thread. And you made it sound like there was a crowd there Sat night when there clearly wasn't.

The subject of the thread was about Cutcliffe's comments. And, naturally, we can't have a thread without someone taking a dump on the program, so people like you chime in to tell us how bad the crowd REALLY was.

I'm the opposite of a Moper, but there was not a big crowd there. Anything else is lying to yourself.

Until you answer, I'll ask too. Who said the crowd was big?

"But everyone in the game thread said there was no one at the stadium. Of course, they were also chirping about Illinois holding Nebraska to 7 points 10 minutes into the game. So it's not exactly the smartest group of people."

Your quote. The truth is for a college football game there was no one at the stadium. What you said inferred it was somehow a decent crowd when it wasn't. Even a small crowd of Canes fans make some noise. The people that did go did their job.

"But everyone in the game thread said there was no one at the stadium. Of course, they were also chirping about Illinois holding Nebraska to 7 points 10 minutes into the game. So it's not exactly the smartest group of people."

Your quote. The truth is for a college football game there was no one at the stadium. What you said inferred it was somehow a decent crowd when it wasn't. Even a small crowd of Canes fans make some noise. The people that did go did their job.

So you made an incorrect assumption. Good of you to man up and admit it.

How is it news that Canes fans made some noise Saturday night? New phenomenon?? That's the subject of the thread. And you made it sound like there was a crowd there Sat night when there clearly wasn't.

The subject of the thread was about Cutcliffe's comments. And, naturally, we can't have a thread without someone taking a dump on the program, so people like you chime in to tell us how bad the crowd REALLY was.

I'm the opposite of a Moper, but there was not a big crowd there. Anything else is lying to yourself.

If anything people have been saying quite the opposite. I was at the game and there were empty seats, but everyone screamed their lungs out even in the pouring rain. Unfortunately Miami is a city that attends the games of the teams that are winning. That's because we have the Heat, Marlins, Dolphins and Canes who all have a history with winning. Throw in the fact that FIU has a higher student population due to UM being a private university it is not surprising to see Nebraska, Georgia, or Alabama having filled stadiums when they have nothing else outside of that. I wish all our games would be sold out but we just have to wait for FSU to witness that or at least until we consistently win.

If anything people have been saying quite the opposite. I was at the game and there were empty seats, but everyone screamed their lungs out even in the pouring rain. Unfortunately Miami is a city that attends the games of the teams that are winning. That's because we have the Heat, Marlins, Dolphins and Canes who all have a history with winning. Throw in the fact that FIU has a higher student population due to UM being a private university it is not surprising to see Nebraska, Georgia, or Alabama having filled stadiums when they have nothing else outside of that. I wish all our games would be sold out but we just have to wait for FSU to witness that or at least until we consistently win.

We don't even draw well when we consistently win. Even when we were winning our five titles there were empty seats at all the lesser games. But it has gotten worse with a decade of bad football. Winning will help, but as small as UM is, and the way S Florida is in general we will never regularly sell out Sun Life. It is what it is.

Advertisement
seriously.....

Cutcliffe said Sun Life was louder than Duke was expecting

So the noise and the way the Miami nose guard was lined up directly over Matt Skura caused some of the snap/cadence issues, Cutcliffe said
LOL this is as bad as Randy Shannon long walk to the field excuse was.

The last thing I'd ever expect to hear about that game would be a complaint about our crowd noise.

Maybe it was the free wing at wild wings. they would give students for every third Down stop Miami
Made.

Advertisement
Yeah, I was in the student section and there was prob around 30k people there to start the game. right after half when it started raining pretty dam hard it fell to probably below 20k. But it got very loud for that entire drive where we scored on that 4th and 19. All the 3rd downs were loud, and we kinda got after the refs pretty hard, but they deserved it. It definitely sounded like there were more people there than there actually were.

Well they're used to playing at Wallace Wade which seats 33K - but the Cameron Crazies probably don't show up at FB games.

I'm not saying it wasn't (relatively) loud at times but if one of our corches made this comment about a similar type setting we all would KILL them over said comment forever. Corchcliffe grasping at straws here as his program begins its descent back to what it should and always will be. Biggest decision for him is going to be whether to ride that ship or go back to being a valuable corchinator at a real program.

Advertisement
South Carolina is always a bunch of whiners. They complained after that big fight in the 80's. Now it's the noise.

Advertisement
It was loud, no freaking doubt about it. Doesn't mean it was as loud as some of those pack stadiums. But get one thing straight when south Florida people go to games they go to make noise get drunk and carry on. This is not like Iowa or some of those settings. Even if it was 10K they would still be making noise.

Advertisement
Back