Cutcliffe blames the crowd noise.....

Advertisement
We really need to build on that crowd noise though. Even if there were 40,000, a packed house would be deafening.

Advertisement
Are the seats still going to be orange after the renovations? They look greenish in the pics I have seen. Maybe that will help how the stadium looks.

View attachment 26025

Are you actually falling for the "the fans looked like empty seats" huckabuck? Some of you cats will bite on anything. The place was practically empty, and UM was actually giving away seats for free before the game.

Even destitute gutter snipe bums were holding out for UM to kick in a free beer with the free ticket. Maybe UM eventually caved and handed out some free syringes with the free tickets, and that accounts for the late arriving wave of 500 bums.

It just kills some people around here that fans actually showed up, enjoyed the game, and cheered for Miami.

I'm glad SOME fans showed up, enjoyed the game and cheered for Miami, but that stadium wasn't even half full. It may have been a loud crowd, but it wasn't a big one by any stretch of the imagination. The good Canes fans always make a fair amount of noise. Unfortunately far too few show up even when things are good with the program. Announced crowd might have been over 40k, but there were 30k there tops from what you could see on TV.

Advertisement
It just kills some people around here that fans actually showed up, enjoyed the game, and cheered for Miami.

I'm glad SOME fans showed up, enjoyed the game and cheered for Miami, but that stadium wasn't even half full. It may have been a loud crowd, but it wasn't a big one by any stretch of the imagination. The good Canes fans always make a fair amount of noise. Unfortunately far too few show up even when things are good with the program. Announced crowd might have been over 40k, but there were 30k there tops from what you could see on TV.

And why is this news? You people act as though small crowds are a new phenomenon with us.

I was in 117 making as much noise as possible...the Duke fan section next to us was miserable.

Last edited:
Advertisement

And why is this news? You people act as though small crowds are a new phenomenon with us.

How is it news that Canes fans made some noise Saturday night? New phenomenon?? That's the subject of the thread. And you made it sound like there was a crowd there Sat night when there clearly wasn't.

How is it news that Canes fans made some noise Saturday night? New phenomenon?? That's the subject of the thread. And you made it sound like there was a crowd there Sat night when there clearly wasn't.

I think it's news because we got a whiny-*** fan base on this message board who always complains about the lack of home-field advantage and lack of atmosphere at Sun Life. Instead of actually going to games and cheering, we got a lot of ******* who sit at home and complain...or, if they do go to a game, they stay on their **** cell phone the whole time and take selfies.

Truth is that the fans make the environment. Sun life CAN be a loud and daunting place. It's nice to be reminded of that sometimes.

The subject of the thread was about Cutcliffe's comments. And, naturally, we can't have a thread without someone taking a dump on the program, so people like you chime in to tell us how bad the crowd REALLY was.

Advertisement
It was definitely loud there and the fans that made it to the game did great at cheering as loud as they could.

The subject of the thread was about Cutcliffe's comments. And, naturally, we can't have a thread without someone taking a dump on the program, so people like you chime in to tell us how bad the crowd REALLY was.

I'm the opposite of a Moper, but there was not a big crowd there. Anything else is lying to yourself.

I'm the opposite of a Moper, but there was not a big crowd there. Anything else is lying to yourself.

Who said the crowd was big?

Until you answer, I'll ask too. Who said the crowd was big?

Advertisement
Back