Currently only 11 games on next year’s schedule

Advertisement
Advertisement
Agreed, currently FIU only has 3 non conference games. FIU is the pick and we need to put a hundred on those dudes.
Do you know hard Mario would try to beat them 100-0 for what they did to him? He is still bitter about that. You can tell from his interviews.

I assume we will add someone like Bethune the week after A&M.

Strange to not see Virginia Tech on there with no more divisions.

Will be the first time the Canes and Hokies haven't matched up since the 1991 season when Miami joined the Big East—first taking on Virginia Tech as a conference for in 1992.

The teams played nine times before that (Miami was 9-0) between 1953 and 1987—including the 1980 Peach Bowl that Howard lobbied so hard to get Miami into.

Weird to see that annual rival end as it was such a big deal in the mid-90's and early 00's.

And fake a few dozen “leg cramps”.
That's not what caused our loss...Leg cramps didn't put 36 on us. If you want to blame someone...blame Enos inability to adjust to Butch shutting down his Garbage *** offensive gameplan. Put the blame where it belongs. Butch did the same thing at UNC to us. Or maybe you can blame the dozen former Cane Greats, who were standing on FIUs sidelines...because Lispy wouldn't welcome them to stand on UMs.

Will be the first time the Canes and Hokies haven't matched up since the 1991 season when Miami joined the Big East—first taking on Virginia Tech as a conference for in 1992.

The teams played nine times before that (Miami was 9-0) between 1953 and 1987—including the 1980 Peach Bowl that Howard lobbied so hard to get Miami into.

Weird to see that annual rival end as it was such a big deal in the mid-90's and early 00's.
The permanent rivals for us are a joke (besides FSU). I’ll give you BC, it’s a stretch, but there is zero reason for us to have Louisville instead of VT.

Our permanent rivals should have been FSU, VT, SU.

Advertisement

Really weird and stupid.

Do you know hard Mario would try to beat them 100-0 for what they did to him? He is still bitter about that. You can tell from his interviews.
Bitter about what???....Mario wasn't UMs coach when FIU beat UM....Manny was...Wtf are you even talking about??

That's not what caused our loss...Leg cramps didn't put 36 on us. If you want to blame someone...blame Enos inability to adjust to Butch shutting down his Garbage *** offensive gameplan. Put the blame where it belongs. Butch did the same thing at UNC to us. Or maybe you can blame the dozen former Cane Greats, who were standing on FIUs sidelines...because Lispy wouldn't welcome them to stand on UMs.
Lispy is/was the most insecure coach I can remember at UM. He wouldn't agree to anything that he thought MIGHT undercut him.

Lispy is/was the most insecure coach I can remember at UM. He wouldn't agree to anything that he thought MIGHT undercut him.
Butch made him and Enos his B*tch....I knew we would lose (and so did Butch) the second those 2 clowns couldn't adjust to Butch shutting down the slant. Butch and his MUCH better staff did the same thing twice while at UNC....Lol at blaming cramps as the reason why we lost to FIU....I didn't know cramps could score 36 points. More excuses....then to Top it off...not welcoming former UM Greats to stand on your sidelines....how embarrassing...

Advertisement
F-him....His corny *** self couldn't have been a GA under Butch anywhere Butch has coached. I'd say even more...but outta respect for Butch, I won't.

Advertisement
Exactly, this might just be one of those times where the stars line up. Miami revenge, Mario revenge, both have only 3 non conference games scheduled, FIU can save money on travel and get paid, the fans would be into it, and you would get a decent crowd.

Lol it makes too much sense for it to happen.

You are right. If it was up to me I’d hold on the FCS opponent till the game before our bye week. A schedule that looks something like this I think sets us up for success:

1 Vs Miami Ohio
2 Vs Texas A&M
3 @ BC
4 @ Temple
5 Vs Louisville
6 Vs Florida A& M
7 BYE
8 @ FSU
9 Vs UVA
10 @ NC State
11 Vs Clemson
12 Vs Georgia Tech
@ UNC

That way you’d essentially get two bye weeks before FSU

One of Dan's top priorities needs to be a better slate of non-conference games. The ONLY saving grace for next year is that we get aTm at home, otherwise our three home games would be Miami of Ohio, Temple, and FAMU (assuming those are the opponents).

I know we have a bunch of pvssy fans who are going to cite "Alabama" or whatnot, but we really need to play two P5 schools per year. Doesn't have to be two playoff-caliber teams every year, ****, we need to private-school-guilt the Northwesterns and Vandys of the world into playing us regularly.

PLENTY of P5 schools that haven't yet scheduled us in the modern era (since we hired Saban and Schnellenberger back-to-back).

Advertisement
Back