Current Staff Retention

Advertisement
Keep Beard and Baez.

All the others have been here too long already and will never get that Golden stink off of them.

The following guys must be on the next staff....

Kevin Patrick - Ace recruiter and all around bad *** coach.
Mike Sullivan - One of the best OL coaches in the biz.
Mike Barrow - He hated Golden and Dnofrio and was run out of town. His two years in Seattle will help him tremendously. Make him recruiting coordinator.
Ken Dorsey - Look at what he is doing on Carolina with Cam Newton.
Kevin Beard - Immense potential as coach and recruiter
Mike Rumph - Great local ties as current HS coach at Hertigae. A must hire.

That staff with Chud would be deadly with a solid DC.

Defensive Coordinator Possibilities

Todd Orlando - South Florida ties and doing well under Herman at Houston.
Jim Leavit - One of best i biz but has baggae
DJ Elliot - Doing well under Stoops at Kentucky. Was a grad assistant at Miami when Chud was here.
Mel Tucker - Bama DB coach and former DC with Bears.

Advertisement
Ice Harris-our backs have look good wouldnt mind keeping him on
Larry Scott-our TE have look good & he is a good coach he is a keeper....
Kevin Bread-our WR have look much better from top to bottom & he ain't been on staff a full year yet...
Hurley-our LB have look good & you see the development with this group....

I have no problem with the next head coach keeping those four on staff...they can coach & develop talent
Under the right headman sky's the limit for them.....Al Golden has made players & coaches look bad trust that.....

Advertisement
time for UM to stop having inferior coaches who have the market dictate to them who they hire and hiring underqualified guys for recruiting... bring in some badassses and the rest will take care of itself

Let Davis have whoever he wants on staff. Not sure any would be from the current staff, but you never know...

Kehoe wouldn't be one of them...

I have high hopes that the next coach will bring in 90% of his OWN staff at a minimum. All you potatoes calling for the next coach to keep Ice, Beard, Kehoe & Hurlie because of "Local Ties" and "UM legacies" can suck a fat one.

Clean the **** house and bring in a professional staff. Until we assemble a staff that resembles a current power FBS program VS. our current staff that can barely rival a Texas high school staff then we're in for a world of hurt.

Give me a staff that is elite at their craft, ambitious, great communicators and we'll be well on our way. Keep the status quo and get more of the same results.

Advertisement
The WRs have taken a noticeable step forward under Beard and I don't see any reason why that will change so I think he should be kept. Ice is another I wouldn't mind keeping just to have a respected Miami guy to recruit the area on the staff. Everyone else needs the boot though

Have they? Most cannot get separation to save their lives. We have had a LOT of drops so far this year. I am all for keeping a guy like Beard just because of who he is, but to say he is doing a great job is not accurate in my opinion. Maybe its just our crappy offense, and stupid route trees but I do not see nearly the jump I was hoping for when he signed on

Doesn't matter what we think here. I trust Butch to know who he wants and who he doesn't.

For these last 5 games all of our coaches are auditioning for their next job, wherever that might be.

I'm not opposed to some minimal retention but some of you guys start going down a path that only ends up with D'onofrio being let go. Then again those people also seem to be local high school football fans first before being a Canes fan.

Advertisement
If they are good at their jobs keep them, if not get them out. No one should be retained because of a recruit or recruiting in general.

Scott and Beard are the only two staff members I wouldn't mind being retained. Scott helped develop Walford from a two-star recruit into a Day 2 draft pick and we've seen some early flashes from Njoku. The WR group looks better this year, especially since we've seen Coley revert back to form and Scott make a huge leap after being sidelined for multiple years.

Kehoe needs to be fired just as badly as Coley and our entire defensive staff. Any head-coaching candidate who would consider retaining Coley (Stoops or Cristobal) should be eliminated from the outset. Ice hasn't earned the right to stay either.

Advertisement
Back