Current Staff Retention

Big Sky Cane

6th Year Senior
I have high hopes that the next coach will bring in 90% of his OWN staff at a minimum. All you potatoes calling for the next coach to keep Ice, Beard, Kehoe & Hurlie because of "Local Ties" and "UM legacies" can suck a fat one.

Clean the **** house and bring in a professional staff. Until we assemble a staff that resembles a current power FBS program VS. our current staff that can barely rival a Texas high school staff then we're in for a world of hurt.

Give me a staff that is elite at their craft, ambitious, great communicators and we'll be well on our way. Keep the status quo and get more of the same results.

Advertisement
Amen.

I swear, if Andreu Swasey somehow survives this, they could brng in Pete Carroll and I'd STILL be done.

The WRs have taken a noticeable step forward under Beard and I don't see any reason why that will change so I think he should be kept. Ice is another I wouldn't mind keeping just to have a respected Miami guy to recruit the area on the staff. Everyone else needs the boot though

Last edited:
They will keep some, kinda sure. There has to be someone with ties to the current recruits to bridge the divide. Unless you bringing in a Miami guy or something.

Advertisement
I'd keep Ice and leave him at RB coach. He knows the SF high school landscape. I'd also keep Baez in his administrative role. Recruits seem to love him.

That's it.

See no problem keeping harris, scott, and beard. Everyone on the defensive side of the ball should be gone.

Advertisement
Sam Bruce said on twitter that Kevin Beard needs to stay... the rest including swasey can kick rocks. I liked Kareem Brown showing some nuts against D'nofrio though...

Keeping coaches for recruits is short sighted thinking IMO . If you can get better coaches you take them .

That being said , I actually think Scott is a quality coach

Advertisement
Keep Ice, Beard, Brown, Scott & K. Brown. Kehoe ? Would have to see how his lines perform here on out

We need a coach who knows who he needs to win, and we and the admin needs to let said coach do what he needs to do

Advertisement
My initial knee jerk is to clean house. Realistically though, three are probably retained for recruiting purposes. I can see Beard, Harris and Brown retained.

No such thing as "cleaning house". Any good coach keeps a few coaches for recruiting purposes. I say keep Ice and Baez at least. Would love to keep beard and Scott but prob won't happen.

I expect a few to be kept. I don't know of any BCS level coaches in their first year at a program that haven't kept a few staff members from the previous staff. Even Urban kept Drayton, Vrabel and Fickell. I don't mind KB as I have taken kids to camps around the country and have gone to clinics where I've seen other WR coaches in action and I have actually come away more impressed with Beard as far as small nuances with releases, stemming, footwork and using your body. If he can also give us a legit edge in recruiting, with kids like Bruce and Greene, then I have no problem with it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back