Culture is not just a buzzword

Advertisement
Small, isolated cases this guy says. FOH, blood.
I know I can count, blood. You posted articles about garvin, the qb room, and someone missing curfew before the fiu loss. The other one was you talking about culture problems with no specific examples.

our main culture problem is our incestuous philosophy, thinking only alumni or another link to Miami can succeed. It’s played out, proven to not work many times over, and creates a shallow pool of ideas and lack of accountability

I think anyone on this board that says we don't have a culture problem is out of touch. You cannot go from Manny to Mario. You just can't.

That being said, and the article alludes to it, it's not just players that need to buy in to culture. It's coaches too. I don't think everyone on this staff is capable of being part of a unified culture right now.

The question: Is Mario capable of creating a sustainable culture?
It’s players. It’s coaches. It’s also us. The fans need to buy in or check out until the next guy.

I’m just being a pain in the ***. Not intentionally to you, but my main points are from this perspective:
- we were told all last year it was manny and not the players
- we were told we were only a competent staff away
- we were then told the Lane’s of the world would not work because of culture
- we were told to trust Mario and have blind faith throughout multiple parts of the off-season
- now we are losing to MTSU and to teams we beat last year and got run out of the building
- people are also saying but we lost key offensive players from last year when most of the board was happy Cam and Harley were gone and ok Rambo left…

And now, why culture is clearly a massive problem, it is coming off like the ******* boss telling the employees we are all just not cultural fits
AI…this is in no way excusing Mario and his staff for the **** poor job they have done but I think those are some big and somewhat untrue realizations you got there to be fair

- I don’t recall people telling us it was Manny and not the players. I can’t speak in absolutes but the majority of this board said we got problems with both
-we always needed more than a competent staff. We have little star power and no depth. Now add that Mario screwed up on the most important hire so we technically don’t have a competent staff
- I think the board was split pretty much down the middle on Lane

This should be no big surprise that we have a locker room problem. At least it’s not to me and many on here. I’m also not saying Mario didn’t help the cause by some of his decisions

Advertisement
AI…this is in no way excusing Mario and his staff for the **** poor job they have done but I think those are some big and somewhat untrue realizations you got there to be fair

- I don’t recall people telling us it was Manny and not the players. I can’t speak in absolutes but the majority of this board said we got problems with both
-we always needed more than a competent staff. We have little star power and no depth. Now add that Mario screwed up on the most important hire so we technically don’t have a competent staff
- I think the board was split pretty much down the middle on Lane

This should be no big surprise that we have a locker room problem. At least it’s not to me and many on here. I’m also not saying Mario didn’t help the cause by some of his decisions

Here’s where I sit:
- I’m on board with Mario building the program
- I give him zero pass for this year from portal to offense to culture to hiring
- those who pointed out his flaws have been right - ball is in his court
- the players are part of the equation - but remember the K Smith example: he was the solution 2 years ago after one catch out of bounds, Manny should have started him he was so so so good, but now he’s a problem…
- the board is filled with know it all ********, a bunch of fun experts, some solid insiders, some clearly bias folks and some ****heads — most of the Maudes are solid
- the imbalance of the board is actually balance as we allowed relentless hits on previous coaches and now it is swinging back to Mario
- I’m not a fan of taking one’s ball and going home only to reappear when the time is right - suffer with the rest of us
- I’m even less a fan of the I’m leaving threads
- I generally find Lane Kiffin and the Pirate amusing
- I don’t care about Manny Diaz, Blake James or Donna Shalala excuses
- Greentree reports are useless
- D$ is a skinny Kool aid man
- Pete can’t dance worth a ****
- I still want my panel podcast with the pro Mario insiders to explain what the **** we are seeing week in and week out and they can’t use Manny’s name once…

And bourbon. Drink more of it. Kept COVID away and saves bad football experiences too.

I’m a get a glass now so let’s have a fantastic weekend.

Here’s where I sit:
- I’m on board with Mario building the program
- I give him zero pass for this year from portal to offense to culture to hiring
- those who pointed out his flaws have been right - ball is in his court
- the players are part of the equation - but remember the K Smith example: he was the solution 2 years ago after one catch out of bounds, Manny should have started him he was so so so good, but now he’s a problem…
- the board is filled with know it all ********, a bunch of fun experts, some solid insiders, some clearly bias folks and some ****heads — most of the Maudes are solid
- the imbalance of the board is actually balance as we allowed relentless hits on previous coaches and now it is swinging back to Mario
- I’m not a fan of taking one’s ball and going home only to reappear when the time is right - suffer with the rest of us
- I’m even less a fan of the I’m leaving threads
- I generally find Lane Kiffin and the Pirate amusing
- I don’t care about Manny Diaz, Blake James or Donna Shalala excuses
- Greentree reports are useless
- D$ is a skinny Kool aid man
- Pete can’t dance worth a ****
- I still want my panel podcast with the pro Mario insiders to explain what the **** we are seeing week in and week out and they can’t use Manny’s name once…

And bourbon. Drink more of it. Kept COVID away and saves bad football experiences too.

I’m a get a glass now so let’s have a fantastic weekend.
We absolutely need to numb the pain of this season so cheers.

I’ve been done listening to the greentree reports for a while and I suggest others take it with a grain of salt as well.

I think 1 area that certainly I and I’m sure others miscalculated is how many players were going to not buy in to Mario’s program and check out early. There is quite a group there. More than I expected

I’m hoping this year is our medicine for 15+ years of running a half a$$ed program/country club and we see some results next year. The ball is in Mario’s court to show a little humility and adaptation. I’m skeptical if I’m being completely honest. We have a history of coaches being stubborn.

Understood. With the caveat that it was a lot of Manny not playing the right players which to your last point we found out that they actually all suck…

I try to be the level headed one of this board. As much as we’ve struggled this yr, I knew yr 1 was going to be tough. Did I logically foresee us being MTSU / Duke bad? No.

But part of this fan base’s problem is overrating the kids that have come here. I, too, asked the ?, how is it that all of our blue chip players stink, but everyone else’s don’t? For yrs, I blamed coaching until it dawned on me the problem have been two fold; it’s been both coaching & evaluations which have led to a poor atmosphere.

Don’t believe me? Then I admonish u & everyone else to go revisit the classes from ‘18 - ‘21. Go see how many transferred & what they r doing after transferring. Go see who makes up this team.

Let me emphasize that word, “team.” This program haven’t been a team in quite some time; look no further than Jarren & Scott’s twitter banter. It’s a microcosm of what’s plagued this program. I’m not some rah-rag fanatic nor will I ever ride any coach’s jock; but, if we were a middling team last yr & we lost from that team:
WR 1
WR 2
RB 1
RB 2
Along w/ the entire OL, which already lacked quality & depth b4 getting mired w/ injuries…friend, that’s a recipe for a disaster.

Again, I don’t get too excited off yr 1 b/c I’ve seen the best of them get woozy yr 1 & become a beast yr 2. Next season, if it’s the same chit across the board, then I’ll have something to gripe about, b/c all of the bad habits & work ethics should be changed, along w/ problems on that coaching staph.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I know I can count, blood. You posted articles about garvin, the qb room, and someone missing curfew before the fiu loss. The other one was you talking about culture problems with no specific examples.

our main culture problem is our incestuous philosophy, thinking only alumni or another link to Miami can succeed. It’s played out, proven to not work many times over, and creates a shallow pool of ideas and lack of accountability

No; I posted a couple of things, b/c it would’ve taken me too long to post all the other post & articles.

It’s called I gave a taste of what’s been discussed, not the entire entree.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Bullllllllll fckin chit; r u fckin kidding me right now? That’s all we talked about was the fcked up Culture created here under him.

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

Exhibit C:

There’s plenty of more for ur reading pleasure. I sincerely, honestly hate revisionist history. All we’ve been talking about is a fcked up culture here, but since it’s pitch forks for Mario, all ya’ll done forgot the bull chit going on under Manny.

There’s bad culture and bad coaching.

We just don’t want to see the former as an excuse not to deal aggressively with the latter.

We had culture issues and the coaching problems have made it even worse than it was under in-over-his-head Manny.

Culture is extremely important and coaching has a huge influence on what the culture is and will become.

Culture is a work in progress, but morale can be turned around very quickly and create the buy in that facilitates culture change. This aspect started well but fell apart once we actually started installing the offense in competitive situations.

You can’t be arrogant and incompetent. Gattis has shown to be both in THIS situation. There are issues on this team, but they aren’t 15 ppg after 9 games issues.

There’s bad culture and bad coaching.

We just don’t want to see the former as an excuse not to deal aggressively with the latter.

We had culture issues and the coaching problems have made it even worse than it was under in-over-his-head Manny.

Culture is extremely important and coaching has a huge influence on what the culture is and will become.

Culture is a work in progress, but morale can be turned around very quickly and create the buy in that facilitates culture change. This aspect started well but fell apart once we actually started installing the offense in competitive situations.

You can’t be arrogant and incompetent. Gattis has shown to be both in THIS situation. There are issues on this team, but they aren’t 15 ppg after 9 games issues.

Perfectly said!

The culture has been bad here for a decade plus…

From Snickers Morris you win some you lose some

Haselwood flat out calling out the team seeing how complacent they were losing to basketball schools

Mannys teams losing to FIU and LATech

There’s a reason that transfers who come in with a chip on their shoulders have been our best players lately… they come in grinding to make it and not just happy they got their 4stars in high school and just kicking it

Advertisement
Pate State University gets it. Not a Canesinsight sunshine pumper. Not a guy invested in the program, but finely articulates in 5 mins what sone of us have been trying to say. His Macro outlook of
what this team will look like 3 years from now both from a coaching and talent perspective:

Bumping this thread

Attachments

• 35FDEF66-7074-41D6-A66F-F3A6E35C4BA8.jpeg
    35FDEF66-7074-41D6-A66F-F3A6E35C4BA8.jpeg
    204.2 KB · Views: 59
As I said in this thread, people laugh at the word because they don't really understand it or have only experienced the crap/fake version in their crap job:

The issue is, as I concluded even in September, it should NOT be an excuse for the level of scorched earth we've seen this year. Everyone realizes many people didn't expect too much, right? Some competence. Natural roster turnover and cleaning out. Maybe a win more than last season. Not too much.

****, that thread above was in September. Building mindsets and habits (what actual "culture" means) are most definitely not excuses for the rest of the mess we've seen in subsequent weeks. We are a clearly mismatched program and the dysfunction currently spills out in multiple ways.

Again, Mario was paid a ton of money and given a ton of resources (to select good fits for the transition). That comes with a higher responsibility and expectation. You can build your own culture WHILE avoiding turning everything to utter trash. In business, it happens all the time. Otherwise, new CEOs would basically file bankruptcy and then start from scratch each time. It happens all the time in sports, too. There are multiple examples of it in college football this year.
Respect, Sir.
Those who keep emphasizing lack of culture deliberately or not are deflecting Mario and Co.'s role in this disaster of a year. Culture or not, it didn't have to be this bad. Which is why we as fans, are in disbelief. Utter failure by those who are paid huge sums of money.

Advertisement
Back