Culture is not just a buzzword

If we’re victims of revisionist history, fair.. what are you and others victims of? Cause y’all are truly misguided on a lot of this **** as much as other side of the coin

Stop skating by my ninja; u made an erroneous statement that was false af.

There’s no “victims” here vs. facts. Fact is, we talked about the fcked up culture pre-Mario. We talked about the lack of talent, pre-Mario. So miss me w/ the rest. Culture ain’t some buzzword that was all of sudden created this yr; it’s been discussed, published, & argued about well b4 Mario so what r u talking about?

Advertisement

There’s no “victims” here vs. facts. Fact is, we talked about the fcked up culture pre-Mario. We talked about the lack of talent, pre-Mario. So miss me w/ the rest. Culture ain’t some buzzword that was all of sudden created this yr; it’s been discussed, published, & argued about well b4 Mario so what r u talking about?
Anyone that thinks culture isn’t the most important factor in an organizations success has either never been in a supervisory/management role, been part of the anti- culture, or been working from home in their bedroom.

I just experienced a complete turn around in culture. We went from a store manger that thought his people were just commodities with morale lower than whale dung to a manager who believes his people are his most important asset and achieved the highest employee satisfaction survey results in the entire Fortune 50 company.

I’ve said several times I can’t defend Mario’s on the field results to this point. However, if everyone would LISTEN to some of things he says, they’ll realize he understands that people - EVERY person in his organization - are his most important asset. That, in and of itself, gives Mario the greatest opportunity for success.

"Culture eats strategy for breakfast"- Peter Drucker

Call it culture. Call it community. Call it trust. It goes by a lot of different names. But talk to any high-performing organization including SEAL team six, possibly the highest performing organization in the world, and they'll tell you the culture or trust is the most significant driver to elite performance.

What happened this year was obviously a lack of culture and a lack of strategy and competency. It takes time to build culture which is what can take you from being good to being great.

But good strategy and competence can make you good quickly.

We have neither which is why this year was such a debacle
Big props for the Peter Drucker mention - the foremost expert on organizational management. Many would do well to read and study his guiding principles of successful organization management.

Manny was given much less of a leash by some.
Mario ****ed up faster.

Other than that I have no idea what you two are fighting about.

Advertisement

Understood

those threads were about small isolated cases and Individuals…it still didn’t stop 90% of Miami fans, you included, from saying that 8 wins this year was expected and should be Our floor. We’re sitting at 4 wins and might make it to 5 if we’re lucky…whether we score a single td in the next three games is a serious and valid question

Manny was given much less of a leash by some.
Mario ****ed up faster.

Other than that I have no idea what you two are fighting about.

Real ?; how was Manny given a much less of a leash? The muh fcka was here for 6 yrs & we paid twice to get him to come here.

The argument is this new found truth that culture is all of a sudden this buzzword used to justify or make excuses for this season, when in fact we’ve been talking about how fcked up a culture that was created by the maestro Diaz, which is y I had to pull receipts to jog ur memories.

It just boggles my mind when I read certain things.

those threads were about small isolated cases and Individuals…it still didn’t stop 90% of Miami fans, you included, from saying that 8 wins this year was expected and should be Our floor. We’re sitting at 4 wins and might make it to 5 if we’re lucky…whether we score a single td in the next three games is a serious and valid question

Small, isolated cases this guy says. FOH, blood.

Advertisement
Real ?; how was Manny given a much less of a leash? The muh fcka was here for 6 yrs & we paid twice to get him to come here.

The argument is this new found truth that culture is all of a sudden this buzzword used to justify or make excuses for this season, when in fact we’ve been talking about how fcked up a culture that was created by the maestro Diaz, which is y I had to pull receipts to jog ur memories.

Manny invented the Turnover Chain, then tried Touchdown Rings.

All I need to know.

People hated Manny for HC from the jump and it went from there. Hated the process. Hated that it wasn’t Mario or their guy. And let it be known. You even said he was here 6 years…

While it was known there was a toxicity afoot, it was made clear to all, rammed down our throats really, that Mario was the elixir for that ailment…

What he did instead was make it worse and burn it to the ground… it is said he can’t even get his OC and QB coach to work together, can’t field a competent offense, lost most of his team,… etc etc etc. While other first year coaches are having markedly better results from Duke to USC to ND to LSU and in between…

He lost most of the goodwill and patience of the fan base to a point where we all just want to skip thanksgiving and get to early signing day before we lose anymore commits

Advertisement
People hated Manny for HC from the jump and it went from there. Hated the process. Hated that it wasn’t Mario or their guy. And let it be known. You even said he was here 6 years…

While it was known there was a toxicity afoot, it was made clear to all, rammed down our throats really, that Mario was the elixir for that ailment…

What he did instead was make it worse and burn it to the ground… it is said he can’t even get his OC and QB coach to work together, can’t field a competent offense, lost most of his team,… etc etc etc. While other first year coaches are having markedly better results from Duke to USC to ND to LSU and in between…

He lost most of the goodwill and patience of the fan base to a point where we all just want to skip thanksgiving and get to early signing day before we lose anymore commits

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh;

Yeah, I think imma log off this bih for a while.

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh;

Yeah, I think imma log off this bih for a while.

I’m just being a pain in the ***. Not intentionally to you, but my main points are from this perspective:
- we were told all last year it was manny and not the players
- we were told we were only a competent staff away
- we were then told the Lane’s of the world would not work because of culture
- we were told to trust Mario and have blind faith throughout multiple parts of the off-season
- now we are losing to MTSU and to teams we beat last year and got run out of the building
- people are also saying but we lost key offensive players from last year when most of the board was happy Cam and Harley were gone and ok Rambo left…

And now, why culture is clearly a massive problem, it is coming off like the ******* boss telling the employees we are all just not cultural fits

Advertisement
Manny invented the Turnover Chain, then tried Touchdown Rings.

All I need to know.
Hmm, maybe we need a Touchdown Chain. That'll cure our TD scoring issues for sure. If I remember correctly, half our fanbase thought our better D was due to the Turnover Chain. Maybe we should revisit the idea. :)

I’m just being a pain in the ***. Not intentionally to you, but my main points are from this perspective:
- we were told all last year it was manny and not the players
- we were told we were only a competent staff away
- we were then told the Lane’s of the world would not work because of culture
- we were told to trust Mario and have blind faith throughout multiple parts of the off-season
- now we are losing to MTSU and to teams we beat last year and got run out of the building
- people are also saying but we lost key offensive players from last year when most of the board was happy Cam and Harley were gone and ok Rambo left…

And now, why culture is clearly a massive problem, it is coming off like the ******* boss telling the employees we are all just not cultural fits

No, we were told it was Manny AND the players. Throughout, we’ve consistently & constantly said we need an “infusion of talent.” We consistently & constantly ?’d the recruiting here.

I’m not sure why this has been forgotten.

No, we were told it was Manny AND the players. Throughout, we’ve consistently & constantly said we need an “infusion of talent.” We consistently & constantly ?’d the recruiting here.

I’m not sure why this has been forgotten.

Understood. With the caveat that it was a lot of Manny not playing the right players which to your last point we found out that they actually all suck…

Advertisement
Back