Culture is not just a buzzword

Advertisement
I think anyone on this board that says we don't have a culture problem is out of touch. You cannot go from Manny to Mario. You just can't.

That being said, and the article alludes to it, it's not just players that need to buy in to culture. It's coaches too. I don't think everyone on this staff is capable of being part of a unified culture right now.

The question: Is Mario capable of creating a sustainable culture?

Dudes around here who have never been part of a successful organization are going to laugh at this.

I think anyone can agree culture helps.

But losing to MTSU... how you think the culture is over there?

So when culture was most likely equal between teams, and you lose to less talented teams...we saw a real problem with the coaching itself. What people don't want, are those deficiencies being masked by culture alone.

But we get it, this fan base used to brag for years about the locker room culture. It used to be one of our staples.

Advertisement
I think anyone can agree culture helps.

But losing to MTSU... how you think the culture is over there?

So when culture was most likely equal between teams, and you lose to less talented teams...we saw a real problem with the coaching itself. What people don't want, are those deficiencies being masked by culture alone.

But we get it, this fan base used to brag for years about the locker room culture. It used to be one of our staples.
When you have a culture that feeds into losers then you lose to MTSU. Hence why half this locker is gone by next year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Since this is already being discussed in another thread...here is an article from a few weeks ago about Sonny Dykes and TCU and the "culture change" that has helped them be undefeated.

Be mindful, Gary Patterson didn't have a rotten program...just didn't change much, lost a few miles off his fastball...but still recruited and evaluated well, with a roster full of speed that has helped Dykes transition to TCU nicely. Simple stuff, like Gary Patterson used to play HIS music (Bruce Feldman mentioned on The Audible - he loved Journey) during practice but now its going to be stuff the players want to listen to. Simple stuff. Instead of being a bit of a hardass (like Patterson), Dykes is more player friendly. “The first thing I did,” he said, “was start recruiting our current roster.”...good story.

Isn't a culture where bacteria is grown? That sure sounds about right.

I thought it came from yogurt.

**** it, we're changing yogurts now?

You can buy yogurt culture on this website. ****, the site is called "get culture .com." Maybe Mario can go there and buy some better culture for the UM football program. Im guessing Radakovich would let him use the company Visa card for that purchase.

Advertisement
Hard to get buy in when accountability only applies to some of the players.

1667938671068.gif

I think anyone on this board that says we don't have a culture problem is out of touch. You cannot go from Manny to Mario. You just can't.

That being said, and the article alludes to it, it's not just players that need to buy in to culture. It's coaches too. I don't think everyone on this staff is capable of being part of a unified culture right now.

The question: Is Mario capable of creating a sustainable culture?
How long are you as a fan willing to wait for it...because I can guarantee you that doesnt happen in 1 season, much less 8-9 games.

It's not a buzzword...

But it is a crutch that you guys are hanging onto for dear life without realizing you're already exhausting all your excuses in year 1...

However, it will definitely make for very creative & entertaining excuse making in the future & that's always something to look forward to.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back