CS Ferman News on Kirkland

Advertisement
Occam's razor is usually correct and I honestly hope that's all there is to it, just a simple mistake. When conflicting stories come out, that usually points to wrong doing.

I agree with Tano, except I think ICE was in DK's ear telling him he was good, could play the game and UM would wait. I think DK has been hearing how great he is, bla, bla, bla, got caught up in the game and ICE told him he was all good with UM. So when Barrow said decide now, DK played the game, did what he'd been told was OK all along, but Barrow was not fooling.

And that made ICE look BAD so he threw UM under the bus. DK tweeted he did not know who to trust, as opposed to bashing UM, like he was was no longer sure about ICE either.

When has Golden f'ed up this bad?????

I disagree Al blew it, I think ICE gave DK bad advice and now is trying to save face by blaming anything but himself.

some of you people are going full ******.

Once again, Occam's razor. The simplest explanation is usually the correct one. You people are going ham because we wanted the guy to make a choice or gtfo, and we didn't think highly enough of him as a recruit to allow him to wait until NSD without knowing what was up. Meanwhile, we used his scholarship on someone else or are at least trying to. It was just handled in a very unsmooth way that's causing lots of backlash. That's all there is to it.

This. Golden and staff made a mistake. It happens. Hopefully they can smooth it over.

What is the mistake? That they stuck with Kirkland's own deadline?

I guess the mistake was not knowing Ice's real feelings about the current staff. You don't get emotional and go to the media, when you know Golden cant respond, if you are a friend of the university. Ice is no different then Uncle Luke

Advertisement
I guess the mistake was not knowing Ice's real feelings about the current staff. You don't get emotional and go to the media, when you know Golden cant respond, if you are a friend of the university. Ice is no different then Uncle Luke

Definitely a suspect move by Ice.

He's handled this as badly as possible.

I posted my thoughts on this in the WEZ but I think it fits well here, too. I'll expand it a bit.

The way I see it, Al Golden is a very smart man who has not made a single, solitary misstep in regards to rebuilding the trust/relationship/bridges with the local high schools that Shammin' burned down since he got here.
Therefore, what Tim Harris is saying makes zero sense whatsoever to me. None.
If what Tim Harris is saying is true, then, wow.
But I'm not buying it.
I thought of "Reservoir Dogs". Towards the end. Nice Guy Eddie walks into the warehouse and sees that Mr. Blonde is dead. Mr. Orange tells Nice Guy Eddie that Mr. Blonde was planning a burn, that he was going to kill him, the cop, and then Nice Guy and everyone else and take off with all the jewels. Nice Guy Eddie responded with the story about how Mr. BLonde had just gotten out of prison after serving a term he could've avoided strictly by mentioning his father's name. Which he did not do. And after that display of loyalty, he was going to decide, out of the bleepin' blue, to rip them off?
"Why don't you tell us what REALLY happened?"
Now, it's possible that Tim Harris is telling the truth. In which case... Wow.
But I'm not buying it.
And the end result won't change, we're not getting anyone, and that's sad, and that's bad, and that makes me mad, but I'm fine with a staff that refuses to allow itself to be held hostage.

We should also consider the possibility that contrary to what Ice was telling the staff, the staff may have had an idea that Kirkland was going somewhere else. That would make more sense. Maybe Kirkland was playing Ice also....staff knew what was up.

THIS IS IT.

KIRKLAND was really FEELING FSU. Denson has been recruiting him hard, he camped up there etc...when i saw them(fsu) basically waving the white flag on the Denver Kirkland..it was the bait an switch. FSU has high percentages on everyone their after but basically said Kirkland was all ours...lol..

- See this is the PROBLEM with so.fla kids....the whole NSD hing is their "moment" to much look at me..shock people sh*t...

LOL @ there being a problem with south florida kids who want their "look at me" moment on NSD

Get the **** out of here with that BS.

You just conveniently ignore the fact that kids all over the whole country do the same **** thing.

And you also conveniently ignore the fact that there are plenty of other south florida kids who commit early and don't wait til NSD. **** we even have some committed now.

Stop criticizing South Florida kids for doing the same thing that kids from all over the country do. And then stop acting like they are all the same way.

Oh and how about let's all stop attacking the very same South Florida kids who are our bread and butter and who will be the key to us becoming great ever again. South Florida kids built this program. Stop criticizing them.

OH and another thing....if South Florida kids maybe are primadommas...maybe it's because they are the best in the whole **** country and have a right to be. Schools all over the country aren't trying to get a foothold in south florida for no **** reason. These kids are good, let them be divas. The U was built with braggadocios diva type players. They made us great.

Did you all forget that many of the great players who came through this school were "look at me" guys? Did you not see the 30 for 30?

LOOK AT ME guys built this school. The U is what it is because of them. So stop criticizing them.

i hope u realize im a miami guy.....Liberty City guy....whole fam is from the inner city. I know everything their is to know abut s.fla.. the recruits...their thoughts...i coached them..an was one of them.
the wanting their "moment" thing is CRAZY down here.This stuff is thought about months in advance..Just let this run through your head......Denver Kirkland is a MothaF*CKIN Olineman trying to get CUTE about signing day...An Ol not a glamor position by any means ..hes a guard at that...and dude wants his "moment"...GTFOH
now Gall is what the thought process of most lineman should be like.

Advertisement
We should also consider the possibility that contrary to what Ice was telling the staff, the staff may have had an idea that Kirkland was going somewhere else. That would make more sense. Maybe Kirkland was playing Ice also....staff knew what was up.

THIS IS IT.

KIRKLAND was really FEELING FSU. Denson has been recruiting him hard, he camped up there etc...when i saw them(fsu) basically waving the white flag on the Denver Kirkland..it was the bait an switch. FSU has high percentages on everyone their after but basically said Kirkland was all ours...lol..

- See this is the PROBLEM with so.fla kids....the whole NSD hing is their "moment" to much look at me..shock people sh*t...

LOL @ there being a problem with south florida kids who want their "look at me" moment on NSD

You just conveniently ignore the fact that kids all over the whole country do the same **** thing.

And you also conveniently ignore the fact that there are plenty of other south florida kids who commit early and don't wait til NSD. **** we even have some committed now.

Stop criticizing South Florida kids for doing the same thing that kids from all over the country do. And then stop acting like they are all the same way.

Oh and how about let's all stop attacking the very same South Florida kids who are our bread and butter and who will be the key to us becoming great ever again. South Florida kids built this program. Stop criticizing them.

OH and another thing....if South Florida kids maybe are primadommas...maybe it's because they are the best in the whole **** country and have a right to be. Schools all over the country aren't trying to get a foothold in south florida for no **** reason. These kids are good, let them be divas. The U was built with braggadocios diva type players. They made us great.

Did you all forget that many of the great players who came through this school were "look at me" guys? Did you not see the 30 for 30?

LOOK AT ME guys built this school. The U is what it is because of them. So stop criticizing them.

i hope u realize im a miami guy.....Liberty City guy....whole fam is from the inner city. I know everything their is to know abut s.fla.. the recruits...their thoughts...i coached them..an was one of them.
the wanting their "moment" thing is CRAZY down here.This stuff is thought about months in advance..Just let this run through your head......Denver Kirkland is a MothaF*CKIN Olineman trying to get CUTE about signing day...An Ol not a glamor position by any means ..hes a guard at that...and dude wants his "moment"...GTFOH

Gogeta you just get it. Amen.

THIS IS IT.

Gogeta you just get it. Amen.
With gogeta4 and courcy75(you´re OL coach, right?) opinions and backgrounds, I hope posters like cane33 stop with the nonsense...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back