CS Ferman News on Kirkland

Advertisement
Couldn't read the whole thread, but this situation reminds me of what I see in boxing( which I cover), where you can just tell when a fighter or promoter wants a fight, or when they are trying to avoid it. They try and give off the impression of wanting to face a guy, say all the right things but behind the scenes look for one out or another, put up obstacles. When all that it takes to make a fight, first and foremost is really wanting to fight a guy( the rest of the details from that point on, work themselves out) UM wanted a definitive answer it seems from Kirkland last night( for some reason) and didn't like what they heard

UM, has others have pointed out, needs to make every scholly count, couldn't be left holding the bag. When Kirkland couldn't( or wouldn't) commit, which is his right. Well, UM decided to move on, which is their right. Hey, this is a business on both ends

Again, part of getting this program back to where it needs to be is getting young men who WANT to be Hurricanes. I can not stress this enough....

Last edited:
Advertisement
This thread is further proof of the cesspool we're forced to call a fan base.

Emotional, stupid and illogical. Children with down syndrome are more stable.

You can pick your team, but that is about it.

In regards to the "We don't have room for you." I'm not buying it.

Kirkland is a kid that Miami has been in on from day one.

I have to believe you tell a kid like Edwards thanks but no thanks before you tell Kirkland no.

Advertisement
Illogical? I am talking about in terms of scholarship numbers.

I follow, still illogical.

You recruit by position, so if you are filling up at Position X wouldn't you remove offers from other kids who play Position X rather than removing offers from Position D. What is all this talk about Ira Denson being recruited as well now.

I wouldn't say Edwards is a WANT, he is more of a NEED. We need a FB because we only have 1. If we're going to run an offense with a FB you should probably have 2 on the team.

In regards to the "We don't have room for you." I'm not buying it.

Kirkland is a kid that Miami has been in on from day one.

I have to believe you tell a kid like Edwards thanks but no thanks before you tell Kirkland no.

I couldn't read it all, but I imagine everyone is bashing Kirkland, wish the kid luck and move on.

Advertisement
Done with conspiracy theories...you know why? Because none of them make sense. We all know what the **** is up and for some odd reason don't want to verbalize it.

394.gif

Go with your first instinct. Arkansas and Ole Miss. $EC

This. Any other excuse is bull****. I can't imagine the money Collins Thomas extra are being offered. Not saying they're gonna take it but its out there.

It's the only one I can think of that would lead to Golden and Co. reacting like they did. But if it were the case, why would they be leaning on him to commit at all? I mean short of seeing a duffel bag exchange hands at the parade, what else could have happened that would have the staff do a 180 so quickly? It's going to be real interesting to see what comes out about this in the coming days and weeks. Might be up there with Jon Colon on the list of weird recruitment stories we reminisce about 10 years from now.

You dont have to see a duffle bag to know what is going on. The BEAST has his sources and he nailed it. The nfo will eventually come out. Golden HAD TO cut the kid loose with NCAA issues grabbing him by the balls.

Last edited:
I'll LMAO if Kirkland goes to fsu and has to deal with trickett yelling and screaming at him to lose weight every day

Ice says that one of the reasons is we have a potential commit....BUT WE ARE COMING TO YOU FIRST TO SEE IF YOU WANT TO COME HERE!
Ice says they popped out with a deadline out of nowhere....BUT PETE CONFIRMED THAT DK HAD SAID HE SET A DEADLINE OF FEB 1!

Bottom line: They pulled his scholly only AFTER giving him the opportunity to accept it! It seems TO ME, IMO he got caught up in the game.

FSU: Playing us
Ole Miss: Grades/$$$
WV, Marshall etc. Grades
ARK: Shannon/Ice

Advertisement
some of you people are going full ******.

Once again, Occam's razor. The simplest explanation is usually the correct one. You people are going ham because we wanted the guy to make a choice or gtfo, and we didn't think highly enough of him as a recruit to allow him to wait until NSD without knowing what was up. Meanwhile, we used his scholarship on someone else or are at least trying to. It was just handled in a very unsmooth way that's causing lots of backlash. That's all there is to it.

some of you people are going full ******.

Once again, Occam's razor. The simplest explanation is usually the correct one. You people are going ham because we wanted the guy to make a choice or gtfo, and we didn't think highly enough of him as a recruit to allow him to wait until NSD without knowing what was up. Meanwhile, we used his scholarship on someone else or are at least trying to. It was just handled in a very unsmooth way that's causing lots of backlash. That's all there is to it.

This. Golden and staff made a mistake. It happens. Hopefully they can smooth it over.

Anyone think that Coley isn't sold on the player and wasn't sold on him at FSU either but because it helped with Thomas they kept him on the radar?

Advertisement
Back