CS Ferman News on Kirkland

Done with conspiracy theories...you know why? Because none of them make sense. We all know what the **** is up and for some odd reason don't want to verbalize it.

394.gif

Go with your first instinct. Arkansas and Ole Miss. $EC

Advertisement
You know, the money thing is intriguing because of the Old Miss connection. Its been discussed ad nauseum here how Ole Miss has just gone HAM this year with all these top kids from all over, and the pics from last week of dude with all the bills. Something is going on at Ole Miss, and the fact that Kirkland has them as a finalist does make one wonder.

You know, the money thing is intriguing because of the Old Miss connection. Its been discussed ad nauseum here how Ole Miss has just gone HAM this year with all these top kids from all over, and the pics from last week of dude with all the bills. Something is going on at Ole Miss, and the fact that Kirkland has them as a finalist does make one wonder.

And if it were the case, I can see that being a reason Golden would blow it up now like he did. Because neutered or not, UM fears the NCAA a whole **** of a lot more than it does Ice Harris.

I'm actually asking this: could it be possible that Ole Miss or another SEC school offered Kirkland's family some dough; UM found out about it and then dropped him ASAP with all of the NCAA stuff?

Done with conspiracy theories...you know why? Because none of them make sense. We all know what the **** is up and for some odd reason don't want to verbalize it.

394.gif

This. Any other excuse is bull****. I can't imagine the money Collins Thomas extra are being offered. Not saying they're gonna take it but its out there.

Advertisement
I'm actually asking this: could it be possible that Ole Miss or another SEC school offered Kirkland's family some dough; UM found out about it and then dropped him ASAP with all of the NCAA stuff?

Seems pretty logical to me.

There was absolutely SOMETHING that happened.

Miami had their quota of OL in a year of limited schollies and needed DL more than they needed Kirkland.

They were also saving scholarships for a certain number of higher priority big time recruits who would be announcing on signing day. So the coaches told Canesport.com.

It hasn't been discussed as much as other parts of the interview, but isn't it odd that Golden was at the school, told Kirkland everything he wanted to hear, things were looking good, and then BAM, a couple of hours later, things changed.

That's what's odd about this whole thing. How does UM go from so hot to so cold unless there was something completely damaging?

The possibilities:
(1) We gave Kirkland the last chance to commit and he wavered...again.
(2) Academic - i.e. fraud or something of that manner
(3) We found out that there were some illegal dealings going on and as soon as UM found-out, they immediately removed themselves from the equation due to the NCAA.

Jon Drummond ‏@Genron45
@305ced912 he was going to commit a month ago. Academics a factor. Got test score. HE WAS NEVER going to Fsu
View conversation Reply Retweet Favorite More

16m Jon Drummond ‏@Genron45
“@P_Ariz3: Everyone calm down” he was not a big miss though IMO. Always thought he was going to USF
Expand

Can someone translate this? I cant figure out what the F*CK a tweet means half the time. So who is now saying that it IS academics?

Genron (south florida pied piper) is saying that Kirkland wanted to commit a month ago, but his academics weren't in order. Seems like he recently got his test score and he didn't cut it. He then adds to a Pete tweet, that he always thought he would end up at USF, due to grades presumably.

Actually, go read the thread on twitter. The first "tweet" is about Coley. Genron dude claims he's a UM slient, was never going to FSU.

The second "tweet" is about Kirkland and USF.

Genron45(Jon Drummond) who knows these kids plenty is another person who thinks the Kirkland decision will have little affect on Thomas. He says they aren't that close. It is possible. Teammates don't have to like each other.

Advertisement
It hasn't been discussed as much as other parts of the interview, but isn't it odd that Golden was at the school, told Kirkland everything he wanted to hear, things were looking good, and then BAM, a couple of hours later, things changed.

That's what's odd about this whole thing. How does UM go from so hot to so cold unless there was something completely damaging?

The possibilities:
(3) We found out that there were some illegal dealings going on and as soon as UM found-out, they immediately removed themselves from the equation due to the NCAA.

Exactly. It just makes NO SENSE otherwise.

Not according to kirk, he said we were in the top 3, not good enough this late in the game.

We should also consider the possibility that contrary to what Ice was telling the staff, the staff may have had an idea that Kirkland was going somewhere else. That would make more sense.

Doesn't matter, they wouldn't just pull his offer. And he was always coming to UM, hence the reaction you're getting now.

The possibilities:

Exactly. It just makes NO SENSE otherwise.

You guys are starting to smell the coffee.

394.gif

This. Any other excuse is bull****. I can't imagine the money Collins Thomas extra are being offered. Not saying they're gonna take it but its out there.

It's the only one I can think of that would lead to Golden and Co. reacting like they did. But if it were the case, why would they be leaning on him to commit at all? I mean short of seeing a duffel bag exchange hands at the parade, what else could have happened that would have the staff do a 180 so quickly? It's going to be real interesting to see what comes out about this in the coming days and weeks. Might be up there with Jon Colon on the list of weird recruitment stories we reminisce about 10 years from now.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Not according to kirk, he said we were in the top 3, not good enough this late in the game.

We should also consider the possibility that contrary to what Ice was telling the staff, the staff may have had an idea that Kirkland was going somewhere else. That would make more sense.

Doesn't matter, they wouldn't just pull his offer. And he was always coming to UM, hence the reaction you're getting now.

He was coming, he was just being TOO cautious. Look at the reaction this caused. Nobody gave a **** when UM dropped Patrick Johnson because he wasn't coming. This is like a nuclear bomb going off in overtown.

Ice is lying. Not a doubt in my mind.

Somebody is lying and it isn't the Miami Coaches.
I know I'm going to get a lot of crap for this, but everyone is saying BTW is a feeder school to Miami, but
other than Brandon Harris, Davon Johnson and Ice Harris as a community liason the same time his son committed to Miami,
has BTW sent anyone of note to Miami.
I don't think since Golden took over.
Does this coach Ice Harris actually really help us more than he helps say the FSU coaches or the UF coaches or even the FIU coaches?
I know Thomas and Kirkland are outstanding recruits and next year they have some studs, but objectively speaking how can we really call BTW a Miami feeder school?

I wonder how much money Ice Harris makes at BTW. He's not a teacher as he doesn't have a degree, so he must just be a football coach.
Gatewood says he makes $3100/year to coach football. Even if you double that amount for Harris that's still not much.
I wonder how Ice Harris makes a living.
Just speculating that there are other more nefarious things going on behind the scenes.

Well for one....Ice is a teacher.

And two...he has a son playing in the NFL making millions of dollars.

Sorry to ruin your conspiracy theory with facts.

Really, what's he teach? Do they allow you to teach in Florida with no degree or training?
How's about some facts.

I know I'm going to get a lot of crap for this, but everyone is saying BTW is a feeder school to Miami, but
other than Brandon Harris, Davon Johnson and Ice Harris as a community liason the same time his son committed to Miami,
Does this coach Ice Harris actually really help us more than he helps say the FSU coaches or the UF coaches or even the FIU coaches?
I know Thomas and Kirkland are outstanding recruits and next year they have some studs, but objectively speaking how can we really call BTW a Miami feeder school?

I wonder how much money Ice Harris makes at BTW. He's not a teacher as he doesn't have a degree, so he must just be a football coach.
Gatewood says he makes $3100/year to coach football. Even if you double that amount for Harris that's still not much.
Just speculating that there are other more nefarious things going on behind the scenes.

Really, what's he teach? Do they allow you to teach in Florida with no degree or training?
How's about some facts.

vicious

Advertisement

How's about some facts.

Brandon Harris is not making millions of dollars. He'll be lucky to reach a second contract. Will he have, if he's lucky, 900 grand put away? Yes, but he is not what u think he is.

394.gif

It's the only one I can think of that would lead to Golden and Co. reacting like they did. But if it were the case, why would they be leaning on him to commit at all? I mean short of seeing a duffel bag exchange hands at the parade, what else could have happened that would have the staff do a 180 so quickly? It's going to be real interesting to see what comes out about this in the coming days and weeks. Might be up there with Jon Colon on the list of weird recruitment stories we reminisce about 10 years from now.

Maybe that's what his step father had to check on? Maybe they got a great offer threw the idea to UM coaches and golden just shut it down? And all of this could have happened without Kirkland knowing so he may be in the dark about what happened as well, it's all speculation on our part but there are so many people involved from coaches to boosters to family to coaches etc. that makes recruiting a ****** system

How's about some facts.

vicious

Not vicious, but the truth.
Everybody assumes he is a teacher, but he may just be a football coach. Being a high school football coach doesn't mean he is also a teacher.
I thought the point of my original post was obvious but it seems like everyone missed it so I will spell it out simply.
I am speculating that Harris is all ****ed off because maybe he acts as a street agent and expects some cash SEC style to steer players to schools. We can't really pony up money with the NCAA up our butts so he doesn't get any finder's fee from us.
I'm also stating that BTW is not a feeder school to us as they've really on fed us Brandon Harris. I also find it curious that when we get Brandon Harris, all of a sudden his daddy gets a position created for him at Miami, and that when Harris enters the draft, the job goes adios.
Ice Harris couldn't coach at Miami because he lacks a Bachelor's degree.
How can he be a teacher without a degree? Some poster says he is a teacher. What does he teach. Even P.E. teachers need a degree.
One of the main requirements for a teaching certificate in every state in this country is a Bachelor's degree from an accredited school.
So, if he is only a football coach making 3-6K/year how does this guy live?
Off his kids? I doubt it. I was implying that maybe he makes a little/lot of money on the side the SEC way.

Blast away at me all you people who seem to think Ice Harris is the saint of Overtown, and believe falsely that BTW sends us tons of players every year.

Just looked over Ole Miss' offensive line recruiting and came up with these two gems

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...Bouldin-137070

http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecr...Johnson-132062

The only thing they are missing in their class is a standout OL recruit.

They are in consideration for ALL THREE OF THE TOP REMAINING OFFENSIVE LINE COMMITS. Laremy Tunsil, Golson, and Denver Kirkland.

This is the most bizarre recruiting situation of this cycle for us, but does anyone remember what the 2nd most bizarre happening was?

Lavon Hooks went from calling Jethro Franklin his uncle and saying that he would most likely play college football at the University of Miami, to calling his visit off and eliminating the Miami Hurricanes from consideration.

394.gif

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back