Crown this man (Kaaya)

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
Was talking to him last night about how his mom was talking to Lane at camp and this was his response:

"Haha my family talks about him a whole lot. My mom and dad both watch a lot of these recruits highlight tapes with me when we're chillin around "

I said I had never heard of parents watching highlights of recruits and he responded:

"Hahaha is the NCAA gonna make a rule against parent recruiting like they made a rule against celebrations after we always celebrated in the red zone in the 80s and 90s? "

Advertisement
Was talking to him last night about how his mom was talking to Lane at camp and this was his response:

"Haha my family talks about him a whole lot. My mom and dad both watch a lot of these recruits highlight tapes with me when we're chillin around "

I said I had never heard of parents watching highlights of recruits and he responded:

"Hahaha is the NCAA gonna make a rule against parent recruiting like they made a rule against celebrations after we always celebrated in the red zone in the 80s and 90s? "

Kid is already talking about "we". That is FAPTASTIC.

Advertisement
Olsen better watch his rear...he may have a year on Kaaya, but so far BK is saying all the right things. Just sayin

I really try not to get to up or down on kids this early....he's making it tough though. He's like a recruit version of Al Golden.

Advertisement
Olsen better watch his rear...he may have a year on Kaaya, but so far BK is saying all the right things. Just sayin

Saying all the right stuff is cool and all, but it doesn't make him a better player.

Olsen knows there will be competition, and hopefully will rise because of it. If he doesn't, then hopefully Kaaya does. Saying that Olsen should watch out because of what Kaaya is saying is ridiculous though. Golden isn't going to start the most well-spoken player.

exactly, lol. just b/c he is saying all the right things means olsen better watch out?? lol.

Advertisement

Saying all the right stuff is cool and all, but it doesn't make him a better player.

Olsen knows there will be competition, and hopefully will rise because of it. If he doesn't, then hopefully Kaaya does. Saying that Olsen should watch out because of what Kaaya is saying is ridiculous though. Golden isn't going to start the most well-spoken player.

No he isn't, but there's not a ton of seperation between the two at this point and I'd hate to see Olsen's poor decisions come around to bite him. Getting at maturity here (and yes, we all got ****ed up at 17/18 and did stupid ****)

935673_10151688260987039_1307468085_n.jpg

Advertisement
From ITU today:

-Says he visited because it would be fun and he likes going to camps
-Wants to say he went to his school's camp, was planning on visiting anyway, loves spending time in Miami
-Said why not do the camp and let Coley see him throw
-Says visiting as a commit has a different feel, it's more laid back
-Says his first visit was like a business meeting or an audition
-Says the second visit they were kicking back, relaxed, talking about who they're recruiting
-Says he enjoys talking with recruits from FL or TX who might be his teammates
-Says he has taken that on as a responsibility because he will be playing with them in a couple years
-The staff wants him to recruit and doing that as a QB shows leadership
-Says he was intrigued by the differences in S FL players and what he is used to
-Says it was great throwing to Johnnie Dixon and Travis Rudolph
-Met Ermon Lane, said it was great socializing with them
-He is hoping Coley is with him through the duration of his time at Miami
-Wanted to work with Coley at the camp to see how he is and to compare him to others
-Says Coley's techniques are all solid and he's excited about that
-Doesn't care that Miami is his only major offer
-Says the fact that Miami knew they wanted him and had been on him a while makes him feel stronger about Miami
-Says Golden and Coley didn't need to see the stars next to his name or the blue chip label
-Says Miami believed in him and he was high on their board
-Says other schools played around because he was their plan b
-Now he is a 4* and was invited to the Elite 11 and The Opening
-That convinced him Miami knew what they were doing since they're such intellectual people

http://miami.247sports.com/Article/QB-Brad-Kaaya-Recaps-Memorable-Weekend-in-Miami-133693

HBK is apparently referencing the scene in The U 30-for-30 documentary where our flamboyant behavior prompted rule changes by the NCAA in the early 1990's. Good to see the kid is doing the required research...

Advertisement
Back