Crown this man (Kaaya)

Love this kids leadership. I am also very high on Olsen, but he better put in work because I truly believe this kid could push him for the job early on.

Advertisement
Is this real life? Never thought back in March that our QB recruiting was gonna take a turn like this. I thought we were gonna get two local kids, that were decent but nothing special, and now he we are. The kid is blowing from a talent standpoint, but the way he is recruiting is the biggest surprise. Can't imagine what some of these local kids that have been hatin are thinking right now.

Oh yeah one more thing, the last couple years, this board has kept hammering this notion that games are won on the trenches, which is absolutely true, but there is one thing just as important if not more, and that is the QB position. One of the only questions I had about Golden and his past at Temple was the fact he never had a QB worth a ****. Now they still need to be developed, but from a talent standpoint and depth, I can't remember the last time we were in such a situation......

HBK-professional-wrestling-4199891-1024-768.jpg

Lol uh oh sounds like some cane fans on here are going to be mad if/when Kaaya beats out Olsen as the starting qb.

I would have to agree that young Mr. Kaaya is handling things like a Jr. Bossman should and will also adjust well to college because of his maturity. As for overtaking Greg Olson lets hold off on the comparisons of High School Junior to College Freshman. I think Kaaya, Edouard, and Rosier (possibly) will push Olsen which in turn will prevent him from feeling comfortable enough to act the fool at UM causing him to get into trouble.

And in fact you heard it here first look for Kaaya to red shirt his first year, thus allowing for greater separation in the classes an creating depth. This will give him time to learn the offense and also improve his defense reading skills.

The other two QB's I would say will definitely Red-shirt also in 2014 with QB Depth chart looking as follows: Williams -Sr, Crow - R-JR, Dewey R-Jr, and Olsen - R-Fr.

Go Canes

Advertisement
I know there are people that doubt Olsen vs Kaaya, but I think Olsen ha all the tools and Coley can coach him up strong.

but here is the issue.. Morris is our only strong QB, and when he went down we lost the NC game and the FSU game because of it.. we had no decent backup plan

with Olsen + Kaaya, i can see us having options and worst case a great backup.

This reminds me when Miami use to have multiple stud QB's back in the day.

I would have to agree that young Mr. Kaaya is handling things like a Jr. Bossman should and will also adjust well to college because of his maturity. As for overtaking Greg Olson lets hold off on the comparisons of High School Junior to College Freshman. I think Kaaya, Edouard, and Rosier (possibly) will push Olsen which in turn will prevent him from feeling comfortable enough to act the fool at UM causing him to get into trouble.

And in fact you heard it here first look for Kaaya to red shirt his first year, thus allowing for greater separation in the classes an creating depth. This will give him time to learn the offense and also improve his defense reading skills.

The other two QB's I would say will definitely Red-shirt also in 2014 with QB Depth chart looking as follows: Williams -Sr, Crow - R-JR, Dewey R-Jr, and Olsen - R-Fr.

Go Canes

DBC is that you?

Go Canes

DBC is that you?

If u really want to know just ask him if we will go undefeated.
He cant resist it, it is his kryptonyte.

Go Canes

I dont see him competing in Miami unless its against us

Advertisement
Olsen better watch his rear...he may have a year on Kaaya, but so far BK is saying all the right things. Just sayin

Saying all the right stuff is cool and all, but it doesn't make him a better player.

Olsen knows there will be competition, and hopefully will rise because of it. If he doesn't, then hopefully Kaaya does. Saying that Olsen should watch out because of what Kaaya is saying is ridiculous though. Golden isn't going to start the most well-spoken player.

I would say based off of Kaaya's limited highlights, Olsen better watch out. Olsen obviously had an unfortunate setback because his JR highlights were really really good IMO. Of course you don't put too much stock into what is being said but it's always a nice sign when you see a kid that has talent and appear to have a good head on his shoulders and has a leadership mentality.

Go Canes

Must neg others before I can neg you again

Kaaya's words don't guarantee of success, but few recruits are sure-fire successes at this stage anyway. There is no way to test this hypothesis, but I bet the failure rate in college is a lot lower for those who have their head screwed on straight and are willing to put in the work like Kaaya. I am rooting hard for him and Olsen.

Olsen better watch his rear...he may have a year on Kaaya, but so far BK is saying all the right things. Just sayin

Saying all the right stuff is cool and all, but it doesn't make him a better player.

Olsen knows there will be competition, and hopefully will rise because of it. If he doesn't, then hopefully Kaaya does. Saying that Olsen should watch out because of what Kaaya is saying is ridiculous though. Golden isn't going to start the most well-spoken player.

I would say based off of Kaaya's limited highlights, Olsen better watch out. Olsen obviously had an unfortunate setback because his JR highlights were really really good IMO. Of course you don't put too much stock into what is being said but it's always a nice sign when you see a kid that has talent and appear to have a good head on his shoulders and has a leadership mentality.

I agree that Kaaya has the physical talent to overtake Olsen, but saying that he's going to overtake Kaaya because of what he's saying is absurd. I really, really like Kaaya (and I do think he's legit) but it seems like he's kind of the flavor of the month for a lot of people here. First it was Alin who was going to push Olsen, now it's Kaaya...man, I'm just happy because we have more than one QB who could be good and we're going to have great competition. When was the last time we had that?

Advertisement

Go Canes

You know less than Jon Snow.

Was talking to him last night about how his mom was talking to Lane at camp and this was his response:

"Haha my family talks about him a whole lot. My mom and dad both watch a lot of these recruits highlight tapes with me when we're chillin around "

I said I had never heard of parents watching highlights of recruits and he responded:

"Hahaha is the NCAA gonna make a rule against parent recruiting like they made a rule against celebrations after we always celebrated in the red zone in the 80s and 90s? "

HBK is apparently referencing the scene in The U 30-for-30 documentary where our flamboyant behavior prompted rule changes by the NCAA in the early 1990's. Good to see the kid is doing the required research...

Was Liberace on the team?

Advertisement
paranos is terrible. he says "comparing a hs junior to a college freshman". uh, they are only one year apart. it's either a hs jr compared to a hs sr or a hs sr compared to a college freshman. don't exaggerate.

Feels like Al Golden is pulling a Jedi Mind trick and speaking through this kid - could Kaaya just be a vessel for Coach Golden's genius?

/JK...kind of

Was talking to him last night about how his mom was talking to Lane at camp and this was his response:

"Haha my family talks about him a whole lot. My mom and dad both watch a lot of these recruits highlight tapes with me when we're chillin around "

I said I had never heard of parents watching highlights of recruits and he responded:

"Hahaha is the NCAA gonna make a rule against parent recruiting like they made a rule against celebrations after we always celebrated in the red zone in the 80s and 90s? "

HBK is apparently referencing the scene in The U 30-for-30 documentary where our flamboyant behavior prompted rule changes by the NCAA in the early 1990's. Good to see the kid is doing the required research...

LULZ.

And to answer your query, yes. From all accounts, he went by the name Tremain Mack.

No, but these guys were part a deep DL rotation:

1.jpg
29.jpg

Advertisement
Back