Croots who you THOUGHT were gonna be great??

Stole my thunder with
Lance...

Ray Ray was another.

Magic Benton too.

You do realize Ray Ray is in the league last I checked and challenging for a starting spot on St Louis's defense?

We are talking about college

Well OP said high school studs they were for sure they'd play in the league... But I understand what you're getting at.

No title of thread says "Croots who you THOUGHT were gonna be GREAT.." not in the league

Advertisement
I can't understand some of the names you guys are putting up. Lamont Green wasn't a complete bust he played in the rotation. But didn't excel. Buck Ortega? Serviceable tight end., Alen Bailey? Are you kidding me? Jacori? There are so manny better candidates.

Alan Symonette

You called everyone out about naming players that shouldn't be on the list, but you named a man that was 2 time All-Big East and Miami's lineman of the year.

Yes, but he was never the force we all thought he'd be. We were all waiting for the real Allen Bailey to arrive. The one that killed alligators with a shovel, and could run through brick walls. He was solid here, but most of us thought he'd be a star.
Ryan Moore
Ray Ray Armstrong
Jacory Harris
Robert Marve
Tyrone Moss
Kayne Farquhason
Josh Witt
Allen Bailey
Ramon Buchanan
Anthony Reddick

Bailey was ALL ACC and a third round pick in the NFL???

James Bryant. LB'r from Pennsylvania. I think that was his name. Same class as WW if I remember correctly.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Marcus Sims...kid shoulda played LB, he had too small hands to be a RB. I still remember Lance Leggett dropping that wide open touchdown against FSU that would've won us that game. If Kyle Wright had played with the '02 or even '03 team he would've been a 1st round QB. Outside of Olson he had ZERO weapons.

Everyone from the 2004 and 2008 recruiting classes

In reality, there are way too many to name.

You could make a list of at least 100 guys from 2002-2012 who were supposed to be the next best thing in CFB, but never panned out.

I blame Scout/Rivals and the BS star ratings.

Advertisement
Marcus Forston, Jamal Reid, James Bryant, Glenn Sharpe

I still remember James Bryant recruitment. Grassy was going crazy over it. I take recruiting with a grain of salt because so many guys have not made that impact we all thought they would.

Advertisement
Reading all these threads I was just thinking of croots who I was so hype on and saw with my own eyes in high school and was sure they would play in the league and never amounted to ****

#1 Bobby Washington- best RB I had seen since Frank Gore. I still cant believe he flamed out at NC State

#2 Omar Rolle- Boy was a beast WR in High School best in the city..dont know if it was the knee injury but man I thought the world of him

#3 Lamont Green- Boy was a straigh tbeast outta Southridge and was a bust at FSU...

In complete agreement on Bobby Washington.

Bobby Washington had fumbling problems since Killian. He was a beast though

Advertisement
Hahaha anyone remember the WR Vidal Hazelton????

Went to USC and then transferred to Cincy.

I'm pretty sure he visited us and everyone thought he was coming here.

I thought that guy was going to be a beast.

Advertisement
Back