Crootin Stories Vol. 2

Advertisement
People won't believe it, but PJ didn't start getting broken off till after he went to LSU. The original deal from what I heard was for his pops to get some menial position on the staff like recruiting director or something. LSU actually ended up effing his pops and then he cashed out after that.

i want to hear some dirty recruiting stories that got players here.

I guess Stacy Coley would fit the bill. We don't get him without Donnell Bennett. Not really dirty but I bet if his coach was a FSU grad and pushed him there we would be crying foul.

Yea didn't Bennett get fired by the principal who was an FSU guy because Coley went to Miami? I thought there were rumors Bennett cut off contact with all schools the last week of Coley's recruitment or something? FSU had that principal in the bag lol. Thank god it didn't work out. Imagine Jameis throwing to Coley...my god.

no he didn't. BTW people give Bennett entirely too much credit for Coley ending up at UM

I don't know that's why I was asking. I thought he had made a joke about that or something. And then it came out he got fired and Bennett thought it was because Coley didn't go to FSU. At least that was the story out.

Advertisement
Wasn't Alex Collins a similar story. His coach was telling him to go to Wisconsin then to Arkansas and the only link between the two programs is the head coach leaving one for the other.

Any truth to that?

Stacy didn't want to talk to anyone (which isn't any different to much of his recruiting process). Bennett getting fired part is true because Williams is a scumbag, but Bennett wasn't blocking Stacy from any other schools.

This thing could go like 40 volumes.

Patrick Peterson
Dwayne Bowe
Ricardo Louis
Avery young
Dalvin cook
Alex Collins
Rashard Robinson
Amari cooper
Corey lemonier
Sony Michel
Brandon Powell
Robensen therezie
Matthew Thomas
Max jean gillis

Advertisement
Wasn't Alex Collins a similar story. His coach was telling him to go to Wisconsin then to Arkansas and the only link between the two programs is the head coach leaving one for the other.

Any truth to that?

No doubt about it

Vern you told this one already around signing day....... Was this guy a 7 on 7 coach?

Advertisement

Any truth to that?

IIRC, Collins coach played football with Partridge (assistant coach on Bieliema staff at Wiscy, than Arky, now HC at FAU), so it's without a doubt what happen in this situation. The unreal NSD situation just made thing worst!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back