Cristobal

This thread was during my lurking days. I am thankful I did not have an account then or I, too, would have said some dumb ****.
I actually expected me to say something dumb

I was definitely not wanting him then, even still only like 80% sold now

not to give anyone a hard time but just to show, things change and they were right to not want mario then, the mario we're getting now is different

Advertisement
bump for laughs
bump GIF by FirstAndMonday

I actually expected me to say something dumb

I was definitely not wanting him then, even still only like 80% sold now

not to give anyone a hard time but just to show, things change and they were right to not want mario then, the mario we're getting now is different
Too be fair, alot has happened and has been proven with Mario since 2014. At the time I probably wouldn't have wanted him either but after Golden/Richt/Manny and seeing what CristoB has done in other towns... I like the hire.

Not only is Mario a proven winner, he’s a true cane in every sense. And most of all he “EARNED “ this great opportunity. It’s a cane thing.

lol what a bump.

But in all fairness 2014 Mario is not 2021 Mario. I bet Bama fans would have said no to Saban when he was still at LSU. Right time right place for a lot of HC.

Advertisement
You’ll see plenty of jokes by me clowning him. I didn’t come around on him until last year. To his credit he went and proved himself , I’m ok changing my stance if I’m proven wrong. I’m on record the last six months saying I’m in on him and I never thought that was possible.

This kinda sh*t is unfair AF...

1) This thread was made in 2014, in 2014 Mario had only been a HC at FIU where he had just been fired two years earlier after going 27-47. If Miami would’ve hired a fired FIU coach with a 20 game below .500 record this board would’ve rioted

2) Opinions can change with more time & more evidence, it’s unfair to retroactively go at people for opinions they had years ago that were actually right in that moment.

3) Yall expect people to be fortune tellers & then wanna give them sh*t if they can’t see 7 years into the future?

4) No one is right all the time, but if yall wanna give everyone sh*t when they’re wrong, I hope yall are never wrong about sh*t either, because otherwise you might as well not have any opinions at all because God forbid you get something wrong.

5) Mario hasn’t actually coached any games here yet.

You’ll see plenty of jokes by me clowning him. I didn’t come around on him until last year. To his credit he went and proved himself , I’m ok changing my stance if I’m proven wrong. I’m on record the last six months saying I’m in on him and I never thought that was possible.
In fairness it was too early to hire him until 1-2 years ago.

Advertisement
This kinda sh*t is unfair AF...

1) This thread was made in 2014, in 2014 Mario had only been a HC at FIU where he had just been fired two years earlier after going 27-47. If Miami would’ve hired a fired FIU coach with a 20 game below .500 record this board would’ve rioted

2) Opinions can change with more time & more evidence, it’s unfair to retroactively go at people for opinions they had years ago that were actually right in that moment.

3) Yall expect people to be fortune tellers & then wanna give them sh*t if they can’t see 7 years into the future?

4) No one is right all the time, but if yall wanna give everyone sh*t when they’re wrong, I hope yall are never wrong about sh*t either, because otherwise you might as well not have any opinions at all because God forbid you get something wrong.

5) Mario hasn’t actually coached any games here yet.

maybe I shouldn't have bumped it but I didn't do it to clown anyone

I agree with everyone that he was a bad candidate then, I didn't want him then either

just showing how things change and we're all excited to have him now

Hey mods, how about we unban the OP (@rickay) for calling this 5 years ago @Andrew @DMoney???

As a sign of good faith, maybe also throw in some free banner ads to promote his now very successful company, since that is what got him banned in the first place?

Just a thought.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Same

I mean imagine this? We say hey man go prove yourself elsewhere first and then let’s talk

And he did

And we did

Advertisement
Back