Cristobal

Advertisement
Who ever says butch is not an x and o's guy is not very smart! It's about production/performance, which equals to wins, which equals to championships.. There's no other affordable option with any type of decent resume. Miami administrators do not care about our football program evidently(just my opinion) or they would have done something already.. We need to go d2 if we want to win a national title.

I use to be a fan of Cristobal...back about 5-6 years ago I would have bet money his career trajectory would have eventually seen him land the HC job here.

The problem is...on the way to Alabama he basically lined up the bridge with dynamite, poured gasoline over all of that, all before preceding to use a bonfire the size of Texas to ignite the whole thing on his way out.

You don't take a job at your alma mater and bail after only 1 month for a lateral position. I'd be shocked if he was even considered for the job once these morons are fired.

I use to be a fan of Cristobal...back about 5-6 years ago I would have bet money his career trajectory would have eventually seen him land the HC job here.

The problem is...on the way to Alabama he basically lined up the bridge with dynamite, poured gasoline over all of that, all before preceding to use a bonfire the size of Texas to ignite the whole thing is his way out.

You don't take a job at your alma mater and bail after only 1 month for a lateral position. I'd be shocked if he was even considered for the job once these morons are fired.

He was assistant head coach here. He took a job demotion to go to Alabama.

Advertisement

The problem is...on the way to Alabama he basically lined up the bridge with dynamite, poured gasoline over all of that, all before preceding to use a bonfire the size of Texas to ignite the whole thing is his way out.

I was trying to be nice by calling it a "lateral move".

He sold us out...plain and simple.

No need to play nice with Cristobal. Dude is a snake.

Advertisement
He is the answer. Miami connection, now a year under Saban look what he did with the worst team in the nation at FIU. The man steals recruits from us man. He wouldn't settle for this weak defense.

Insignificant track record - may be another Golden. We don't need to take the chance.

Butch Davis - done that. The answer to all our problems.

What's with all the retarded coaching suggestions? Aren't you sick and tired of ten years of taking chances?

You guys would pick a Yugo over a Toyota Tacoma (the truck they use in Afghanistan for reliability).

Would be an upgrade, but again thats not saying much. He's not the innovative & aggressive mind that The Miami Hurricanes deserve.

Advertisement
You cannot fault Cristobal for making the move to Alabama, it was all business. You especially cannot fault him in light of our recent results. If he were still at UM, he'd be just another coach on a failing staff whose future was growing more uncertain by the day. Instead, his career is ascending along with the rest of the Saban-tree, which just grows taller with every win. Looking back on it, he was looking out for #1-- himself and his family. You can't fault him for that. Yeah, UM was on the losing end of that one near term, but long term, should he ever return to UM in any capacity, he'll be all the better for it. He is learning how to be a winner. The current lineage infecting UM just plain old sucks!

Advertisement
He is the answer. Miami connection, now a year under Saban look what he did with the worst team in the nation at FIU. The man steals recruits from us man. He wouldn't settle for this weak defense.

You must enjoy being back stabbed, repeatedly.

don't know why people assume a coach becomes a great coach just by coaching under a good head coach. that's how you end up with charlie weis

Or maybe he saw what a dumpster-fire of a corch he had just signed on to work for and got the **** out of dodge. Can't blame him. Maybe figured he'd come back after the roof fell in to rebuild.

Advertisement
Back