Cristobal to Rutgers

If he's going to get another shot, it should be at a program like Rutgers, not Miami.

Good for him. Better for us.
This, make him prove something. If he does big things there and he still wants the job 5 or 6 years from now (assuming we get Butch), THEN offer him the keys.

Advertisement
Good move for him. If he does well at Rutgers, I'd be open to him coming to the U. He HAS to do well, though - 8-9 wins per season at least.

Advertisement
Good move for him. If he does well at Rutgers, I'd be open to him coming to the U. He HAS to do well, though - 8-9 wins per season at least.

Huh schiano did better than that with rutgers and was a NFL head coach and nobody wants him at the U. So you tell me how that logic makes sense

I hope it's true, but again it begs the question why is our hire taking so long?

So far, the coaches that have been hired aren't on my list as UM candidates anyway. If the good candidates were being snatched up, I'd worry. They aren't so far because the competition for them will be fierce - unless we hire Butch.

Ryan Dunleavy ‏@rydunleavy 51m51 minutes ago
There are a lot of reports out there that Greg Schiano, Mario Cristobal have offers to be #RFootball coach. AD Pat Hobbs said not true.

Ryan Dunleavy ‏@rydunleavy 26m26 minutes ago
I'm going to dinner. It is still my feeling that the short list starts with Al Golden and Greg Schiano far ahead of others. #RFootball

Rutgers looking to hire away everyone we don't want

I hope they hire all three of them.

They did exactly that late last night. Here's a picture from the introductory presser:

stooge.jpg

There are a lot of reports out there that Greg Schiano, Mario Cristobal have offers to be #RFootball coach. AD Pat Hobbs said not true.

I'm going to dinner. It is still my feeling that the short list starts with Al Golden and Greg Schiano far ahead of others. #RFootball

They did exactly that late last night. Here's a picture from the introductory presser:

View attachment 34031

Good one. However, I have to point out that the 3 gentlemen pictured were actually good at what they did.

Advertisement

View attachment 34031

Good one. However, I have to point out that the 3 gentlemen pictured were actually good at what they did.

Oh really??? Wise guy, huh???!!!

I could see them going with Schiano as AD and head football coach.

Golden would be an interesting fit at Ruthers, Syracuse, UVA, or Illinois ...

Greg Schiano is qualified to be Athletic Director? What major programs do this? This isn't the 1970s.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Best of luck to Mario. Now the local HS coaches and press will have to find another loser to support.

Didn't see it posted (not sorry) so I'll ask: If AG were to be hired by Butgers, would that relieve us from some of his buyout?

Advertisement
He is going to be announced tomorrow per rutgers rivals site.
No way. Saban has stated that "no" interviews will take place with his staff until after the Championship game. Rivals is a joke, clowns can't even get the most basic of information and deductions correct. Not saying Cristobal won't be their guy, just won't be announced until likely next week. I wouldn't mind ole Al Golden to get that garbage gig at Jersey ****. They deserve each other, but I'd rather have Golden Girls at Virginia so we can whoop that *** year in and year out!

Advertisement
Back