Cristobal to Rutgers

Advertisement
Al will walk into that interview with his binder and proceed to blow their skirts up.

Then unleash his corching on the program for 4-5 years .

Golden would be the perfect fit at Rutgers. They might never win. But they would fit.

Seriously, I hope they hire Mario

I can't believe there are numerous posters on there who want Golden

I'm curious, what is their justification?

It's less a justification than general cluelessness about what he's done in Miami. And they excuse Miami's results as not being a cultural fit which might be true but yeah, obviously not the real issue.

Only one poster, with a Penn State avi, seemed to identify the defense and D'Onofrio as a horrible proposition, but even he didn't put 2+2 together (that it's Golden's defense).

Basically, the Rutgers fans don't seem really privy to how poorly Cristobal is doing as Bama's Oline coach or Al Golden being a used car salesman with no understanding of defense. But they think Mario has a hot and crazy wife so there's that.

Advertisement
I can see the justification. Hey, I had the cloud of the NCAA sanctions hovering over me. We just didn't get any big defensive lineman because I couldn't promise them no bowl at some point in the future. Mark worked his tail off man, we knew we had to get better but this NCAA stuff, its hard, you know? I mean Mark worked hours and hours on it, we met as a staff, and agreed we had the right calls. But we got burned by the only ones we could recruit, undisciplined South Florida Athletes who weren't quite there with it you know, I mean we run a complex defense. Everyone has to buy into it, be a part of the process on and off the field. We just had some me guys who wouldn't buy in. But, when i was fired, I had an ok record given who we played. And thanks to my ability to find talent, the team was so loaded with talent, that it enabled a guy who had never coached a game before to go 4-1 with my players. I ca deliver some So Florida talent here, and with the culture difference here versus Miami, I think I can find enough guys who want to play for a team than be a me guy. I have developed a binder. I tore it up in year 3 at Miami. I realize I need to change some of what I do. I have a process, a way of running a program. Keep the NCAA out of or business. Developing a culture for success. I would have finished 9-3 or 8-4 at Miami given the schedule. With everything I had to fight through with the NCAA, 9-3 or 8-4 wasn't a bad year under the circumstances. I am a NJ guy. I know this state, its people. I will deliver you a competitive program here.

I can't believe there are numerous posters on there who want Golden

I'm curious, what is their justification?

It's less a justification than general cluelessness about what he's done in Miami. And they excuse Miami's results as not being a cultural fit which might be true but yeah, obviously not the real issue.

Only one poster, with a Penn State avi, seemed to identify the defense and D'Onofrio as a horrible proposition, but even he didn't put 2+2 together (that it's Golden's defense).

Basically, the Rutgers fans don't seem really privy to how poorly Cristobal is doing as Bama's Oline coach or Al Golden being a used car salesman with no understanding of defense. But they think Mario has a hot and crazy wife so there's that.

Interesting. Thanks.

I can see the justification. Hey, I had the cloud of the NCAA sanctions hovering over me. We just didn't get any big defensive lineman because I couldn't promise them no bowl at some point in the future. Mark worked his tail off man, we knew we had to get better but this NCAA stuff, its hard, you know? I mean Mark worked hours and hours on it, we met as a staff, and agreed we had the right calls. But we got burned by the only ones we could recruit, undisciplined South Florida Athletes who weren't quite there with it you know, I mean we run a complex defense. Everyone has to buy into it, be a part of the process on and off the field. We just had some me guys who wouldn't buy in. But, when i was fired, I had an ok record given who we played. And thanks to my ability to find talent, the team was so loaded with talent, that it enabled a guy who had never coached a game before to go 4-1 with my players. I ca deliver some So Florida talent here, and with the culture difference here versus Miami, I think I can find enough guys who want to play for a team than be a me guy. I have developed a binder. I tore it up in year 3 at Miami. I realize I need to change some of what I do. I have a process, a way of running a program. Keep the NCAA out of or business. Developing a culture for success. I would have finished 9-3 or 8-4 at Miami given the schedule. With everything I had to fight through with the NCAA, 9-3 or 8-4 wasn't a bad year under the circumstances. I am a NJ guy. I know this state, its people. I will deliver you a competitive program here.

Jesus man. Is that you Al?

You only forgot to mention "A Top 15 defense according to Fartball Outsourcers Online Comprehensive Reductive Analysis" or whatever bullsh!t metric he was throwing around at every single press conference last year.

Advertisement
Great. Prove yourself at Rutgers then we can discuss to see if he is worthy to coach here down the road.

Wait... Didn't they fire the A.D. today? So if they have yet to get a new AD then how are they already close to hiring a coach?

"Al Golden clone, with an emotional wife. Pass."

A tweet from a RU fan.
Even they know.

Advertisement
Maybe they can be the first team to have a Co-HC in Schiano and Cristobal, where Schiano has complete control of Defense and Cristobal has complete control of Offense.

its really depressing that all the names Rutgers are considering are the main guys being mentioned by Barry Jackson and insider types.....we are so lame as a program now.

Advertisement
its really depressing that all the names Rutgers are considering are the main guys being mentioned by Barry Jackson and insider types.....we are so lame as a program now.

Yup......that's what happens when you think that the Miami job just magically makes corches better, and thus you don't need to invest anything in it.

Jesus man. Is that you Al?

You only forgot to mention "A Top 15 defense according to Fartball Outsourcers Online Comprehensive Reductive Analysis" or whatever bullsh!t metric he was throwing around at every single press conference last year.
Lmao!!!

Advertisement
Back