Cristobal / Kelly

Well we would lose out on a lot of the posters here if we go to the bar because they can’t get in

You’re spot on though. I’ve met quite a few from the boards and everyone has been great. Everyone role plays a little online I guess, to different degrees.

I try to be the same guy on and off. I use social media constantly for work so I see it in my industries as well.

I was hoping to get down to Miami for a few games this year, I bought season tickets. Wanted to go to Clemson. But ya know, I just don’t enjoy the torture to that level anymore 😂

I try to be the same as well. Joke around some, make some observations, and enjoy being around my fellow Canes. We're easily the most diverse fanbase I come across. Something pretty darn cool in itself.

Hear ya on the torture level. Part of me hopes for a Music City Bowl bid (if it's even a tie-in or possible). Would be 30-40 mins from the house. The other part says do you really want to freeze your butt off and go through all involved? LoL

Advertisement
I try to be the same as well. Joke around some, make some observations, and enjoy being around my fellow Canes. We're easily the most diverse fanbase I come across. Something pretty darn cool in itself.

Hear ya on the torture level. Part of me hopes for a Music City Bowl bid (if it's even a tie-in or possible). Would be 30-40 mins from the house. The other part says do you really want to freeze your butt off and go through all involved? LoL
As much as us fans want to crap on a lesser bowl game, there’s some players on the team that I hope get to experience it, especially after getting screwed last year when we were actually playing well

But yeah actually go to the game? 🤔

This is the kind of crap that I part ways w/ Mario. Yes, Kelly made a boneheaded play that ended up costing us a (meaningless) TD. Why not pull him aside and coach him up one-on-one instead? Or rip him a new one in the film room or at practice? Make him run till he pukes? The relentless browbeating of the players is ridiculous. At some point you have to build them up too.
Best lessons are public ones

He did it game one…we all got excited.

Didn’t pay off yet…

I don’t hate it. I don’t love it. Just saying
He did it to Kam game 1, if I'm not mistaken. Looking at Kam's last game, not sure if "didn't pay off" is accurate.

He did it to Kam game 1, if I'm not mistaken. Looking at Kam's last game, not sure if "didn't pay off" is accurate.

He made the play in game 1 too. His play fell off in the middle. Had a monster game against GT. It was more likely changes and coaching Kam made/received in the last few weeks vs being scolded in Game 1.

Advertisement
He made the play in game 1 too. His play fell off in the middle. Had a monster game against GT. It was more likely changes and coaching Kam made/received in the last few weeks vs being scolded in Game 1.
Fair enough, my point was that the scolding didn't result in Kam quitting or shutting down (sounds like he's been watching more film). Splitting hairs, I realize.
Just hoping for a close game against clem's son and some lucky breaks.

Fair enough, my point was that the scolding didn't result in Kam quitting or shutting down (sounds like he's been watching more film). Splitting hairs, I realize.
Just hoping for a close game against clem's son and some lucky breaks.

I think most people are largely on the same page. “Appropriate and consistent” reaction to get the players to reach the standard Mario is setting. Even the posters that don’t like the style of the way Mario handled Kelly, weren’t really saying Kelly is going to fold, more saying it may not work for everyone and preferred a different style.

This board will argue about everything so when Manny yells it’s embarrassing, when Mario does it it’s Macho and when Macho does it it’s ordering lemon pepper wings…

With the last one the only one that makes sense..

People talkin about coaching someone up had never coached before.
How the fl do you do that?

“Hey Jaquon, man I am so sorry to hurt your feelings here, but could you please, I mean, I realize I am trespassing your emotional boundaries here, but if you don’t mind please do not hit the quarterback after the whistle. I know it is not your fault, you are just running around the field doing what ‘feels good’ to you, and that is very important for sure. But hitting that quarterback after the whistle invaded his safe space, please try and keep other feeling in mind too please.”

Dumbass knows better than to go hit a QB late. He doesn’t need to be coached, he needs to be humiliated and held accountable.

Advertisement
Back