Cristobal extended by ducks

Oregon barely beat UCLA by 3 which UCL messed up on and lost to the 2 worst teams in the PAC 12. Miami got there *** kicked by the 2 best teams in the ACC. Mario by far has the best talent in the Pac 12. Mario is a better recruiter than Manny, not a better coach. They are about the same when it comes to coaching. Keep loving Mario, he will fail real bad because he does not have a QB.
Watching Mario during games is hilarious. He’s absolutely clueless.

But god ****....you know what he is?

Intimidating!!!!! He takes no bull ****.

People actually say this. It’s incredible.

Advertisement
That's the way I took it...
F0F8E145-6F8B-4D53-ACBB-65D2EC2260A5.gif

It's interesting how just one game changes the perception of everything. If Miami had beaten UNC and landed a NY6 game with the only loss being to Clemson, Diaz would be on the short list for coach of the year. Now his seat his red hot (and deservedly so).
Agree with everything except this.

Diaz is only feeling the pressure that he places on himself. Blake James is delighted that we're sat at 8-2 right now and, by and large, the programme doesn't look like it's falling apart. Diaz knows if he wants to win big and consistently here he has to address the defence - but he's under no pressure to from above.

The most vocal fans a) don't matter to the AD / BOT and b) would only be happy with Butch Davis in his prime, Urban Meyer or Nick Saban rolling into Coral Gables as the new HC (although with the way some of them act you'd think Cristobal is all three rolled into one!).

Advertisement
And what I said is if manny has the same equivalent season as what he had this season he will get extended... So if we win against all the **** and he loses to the teams that are even competitive he will get an extension. Cause we didnt beat a single good team this year in my eyes. Louisville was probably the closest to being competitive for me. I don't see any of that as better than anything mario is doing especially when u consider mario lost everyone (obviously it happens) and manny gained two perfect peices for what he was doing in lashlee and king... We all entitled to opinions though. I guess y'all forgot all the games king bailed us out of and what we were just last season.
In your opinion do you think Manny makes changes to the D staff? I know it doesn’t matter because Manny is a bum of a head coach but I’m just wondering. I honestly don’t think he thinks his defense is a problem.

And what I said is if manny has the same equivalent season as what he had this season he will get extended... So if we win against all the **** and he loses to the teams that are even competitive he will get an extension. Cause we didnt beat a single good team this year in my eyes. Louisville was probably the closest to being competitive for me. I don't see any of that as better than anything mario is doing especially when u consider mario lost everyone (obviously it happens) and manny gained two perfect peices for what he was doing in lashlee and king... We all entitled to opinions though. I guess y'all forgot all the games king bailed us out of and what we were just last season.

Mario nearly lost to Wazzou then lost to Oregon State and Cal.

Those schools have signed 7 four star kids in three years COMBINED. All have made a coaching change.

I'd rather have 8 "bad" wins that have Mario's 2020 resume.

What is the buyout for Cristobal if Miami wanted to go that route after next season? Is it even bigger than before?
Siap
After Contract Year 1 but on or before end of Contract Year 2 ........ $9,000,000
After Contract Year 2 but on or before end of Contract Year 3.........$6,500,000
After Contract Year 3 but on or before end of Contract Year 4 ........ $4,000,000
After Contract Year 4 but on or before end of Contract Year 5........ $2,000,000
After Contract Year 5 but on or before end of Contract Year 6........ $1,000,000

Advertisement
In your opinion do you think Manny makes changes to the D staff? I know it doesn’t matter because Manny is a bum of a head coach but I’m just wondering. I honestly don’t think he thinks his defense is a problem.

hes still defending rumph

Mario nearly lost to Wazzou then lost to Oregon State and Cal.

Those schools have signed 7 four star kids in three years COMBINED. All have made a coaching change.

I'd rather have 8 "bad" wins that have Mario's 2020 resume.

what would marios record be without a first round top5 NFL QB on his roster bc if youre gonna say king bailed him out then mario just rode Herbert to success as an HC there

Ya, and we raised **** last year, Dee. I know you remember. Two things can be true at once: they are both below-average coaches. Not sure why we have to make excuses for Mario.
I don't think anyone raised he'll. Enos wasn't let go of. He refused a demotion. But absolutely both can be true. My issue with these posts is people don't acknowledge the role of your coordinators in them. Same can be said at times for manny. But the reason so many people(myself included)defend mario is to even a blind squirrel it's obvious the things we as a program are missing with our culture,with our approach to the game, and most off with our mindset. The coaching would be addressed by having the right staff around him(same way you saw the offense here addressed this season) & for GOD**** SURE, he had a BEAST STAFF lined up to come in with him and always will if the opportunity lines itself up. If manny takes the same approach most feel he took with the offense last year and replaced **** near the entire defensive staff than no one has reason to complain. Personally I'd bet dollars to sense that don't happen. But I pray I'm wrong. Mario I've known for a long time and I know nothing matters to that man more than winning. I think it's been a Long time since we've had a coach that doesn't put pride, his ego and his friends in the way of our kids and winning... Coaches are teachers. Nothing else. If they struggle at that on the field and off than why keep them.

hes still defending rumph
Are you stupid or u always wanna talk out of your ***? I been said the entire defensive staff needs to go. Mike's part of that staff. Reason he needs to go is different from all the others. But results and impressions are all that matters. He's become disconnected for **** good reason. But at this point everyone is better off to just go they own ways. Then I wanna see how y'all bash the next puppet in place.

Advertisement
Are you stupid or u always wanna talk out of your ***? I been said the entire defensive staff needs to go. Mike's part of that staff. Reason he needs to go is different from all the others. But results and impressions are all that matters. He's become disconnected for **** good reason. But at this point everyone is better off to just go they own ways. Then I wanna see how y'all bash the next puppet in place.
Like you’ve said or implied IMO, nothing’s going to get better if there isn’t a successful, independent DC with complete autonomy to run his own system not Manny’s.

It doesn't suit everyone's narrative but you are correct.

Miami losing to Clemson and getting blasted by UNC, the former the team that is likely going to end up playing Bama for the title and the latter a team with one of the most explosive offenses in the country is not anywhere near as bad as losing 2-4 Oregon State and 1-3 Cal team. Oregon has 10x more talent than Oregon St and Cal combined. Clemson has far more talent than Miami, and it's arguable but I think UNC is more talented than Miami as well.

Diaz deserves all the criticism for not making the UNC game more competitive and the team quitting on him, but there is no need to exaggerate the Miami losses and claim that they are worse than a loaded Oregon team losing games to vastly inferior opponents.
The way Miami lost to UNC is one gazillion times worse than any loss Mario has probably ever had. He had two upset losses and Miami got gang raped, no comparison.

Advertisement
The way Miami lost to UNC is one gazillion times worse than any loss Mario has probably ever had. He had two upset losses and Miami got gang raped, no comparison.

Nope. That's an 8-3 UNC team with a 1st round QB, one of the best offenses in CFB, and a championship winning coach. You think because it's UNC they aren't a legit football school. That is incorrect.

The FIU loss last year was far more embarrassing. UNC is very good team. According to the 247 talent composite, Miami is ranked #18, UNC is ranked #22. So Miami got smoked by a team that has nearly the same amount of talent. Blowouts happen every year in CFB between comparable teams; when an unmotivated talented team meets a highly motivated, equally talented team, it happens. But there is no excuse to lose to a VASTLY inferior opponent. Oregon is #12 in the talent rankings. Oregon State is #56. There are G5 schools (Houston) with more talent than Oregon State. That's an enormous difference. The game should not have been close. And Mario has had other bad losses as the Ducks coach- 2018 at Arizona 44-15 to a Zona team that finished 5-7 and didn't qualify for a bowl. Diaz has had some stinkers, but FIU was way, way more shameful.

All that said, if I had to pick between Diaz and Cristobal as HC for Miami, I'd take Cristobal in a heart beat. His team plays physical football and he's learned from the best (Butch and Saban).

Last edited:
I don't think anyone raised he'll. Enos wasn't let go of. He refused a demotion. But absolutely both can be true. My issue with these posts is people don't acknowledge the role of your coordinators in them. Same can be said at times for manny. But the reason so many people(myself included)defend mario is to even a blind squirrel it's obvious the things we as a program are missing with our culture,with our approach to the game, and most off with our mindset. The coaching would be addressed by having the right staff around him(same way you saw the offense here addressed this season) & for GOD**** SURE, he had a BEAST STAFF lined up to come in with him and always will if the opportunity lines itself up. If manny takes the same approach most feel he took with the offense last year and replaced **** near the entire defensive staff than no one has reason to complain. Personally I'd bet dollars to sense that don't happen. But I pray I'm wrong. Mario I've known for a long time and I know nothing matters to that man more than winning. I think it's been a Long time since we've had a coach that doesn't put pride, his ego and his friends in the way of our kids and winning... Coaches are teachers. Nothing else. If they struggle at that on the field and off than why keep them.
I hear ya. Well thought out response. I guess we’ll see what happens here with our Canes

He's not good at recruiting and his players get worse over time .... but I'm guessing you'll find a way to blame that on others.

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and has a tail feathers like a duck .... its a duck.

You know why people **** on Mario? They think this is the nfl all teams have equal variables. Wrong! College football is still a very regional sport. His roster hole losing Herbert looks bigger at Oregon cause... it’s Oregon. He can kill it in recruiting there but still miss out on some consistent success. Where if he recruited at that level here, he’d own the acc. I don’t think he’s nick Saban but he may be closer to jj leaving ok state

Advertisement
Back