Cristobal and perception

Watch out for Urban Meyer and I'm not joking. He's gonna retire from the Jags.

I just mentioned this in the Helton thread.

Reports came out today that he’s rubbing his players & staff the wrong way. Said he went bat chit crazy after pre season losses, berating his staff, and they said he’s having a hard time keeping w/ NFL scheduling routines. Could be for real.

Advertisement
russell westbrook GIF

I know it was mentioned last go around someone on the board that has influence dont like Mario for some

Advertisement
Cause he sucks in the NFL, he realized that as soon as he had to deal with men, who can make or break him.
More like he can't win games unless he out talents them by a good margin. Look at all of his winning seasons in CFB. He has by far the most stacked roster. When his main advantage, recruiting, is gone. He can't win schit.

If Mario goes to USC. The whole "Miami Draw" is gone. You can say that Cristobal and his wife want to be in a real city not some schit hole in the middle of nowhere, like Oregon. Does he want to be in a real city bad enough to take a pay cut and have less boosters? Maybe. But when you compare the Miami job to the USC job. There is no difference. LA is pretty much just a west coast Miami and he will be getting paid more with more money towards the program and easier to recruit at.

Advertisement
We’ve got our Coach already, guys! Give him time!

View attachment 154542
Dude has been here for 6 yrs

His defense has gotten worse & worse

He has lost to FiU and La tech

He has givin up the most rushing yards in school history to Unc at HOME

He had 8 months to prepare for Bama and the team looked unprepared

Dude is chillin collecting checks at this point… honestly he doesn’t care because he is a NOLE at heart

This is what happens when you hire a NOLE at the UM… he is here to destroy UM for good

Dude has been here for 6 yrs

His defense has gotten worse & worse

He has lost to FiU and La tech

He has givin up the most rushing yards in school history to Unc at HOME

He had 8 months to prepare for Bama and the team looked unprepared

Dude is chillin collecting checks at this point… honestly he doesn’t care because he is a NOLE at heart

This is what happens when you hire a NOLE at the UM… he is here to destroy UM for good

E_LkaUfXMAIwMoY

If Mario goes to USC. The whole "Miami Draw" is gone. You can say that Cristobal and his wife want to be in a real city not some schit hole in the middle of nowhere, like Oregon. Does he want to be in a real city bad enough to take a pay cut and have less boosters? Maybe. But when you compare the Miami job to the USC job. There is no difference. LA is pretty much just a west coast Miami and he will be getting paid more with more money towards the program and easier to recruit at.
On the surface, yes. Private school, fertile recruiting ground, big city etc… but I would disagree that’s they’re the same job. USC isn’t remotely close to all the CFB powers to pluck kids every year let alone Florida or FSU.

Plus, if your a SoCal kid, your dream school is USC and you’ll hear every kid say that from 20 years ago and 20 years from now. Lot of kids love Miami but you know how it is out here. More guys loyal to USC.

LA vs. Miami is two totally different worlds too in terms of talent coming out. You can get QBs at a high clip easily at SC, not getting that that easy here at Miami. In the last few recruiting cycles, SC either got/had/ committed from JT Daniels, Matt Corral, Kedon Slovis, Bryce Young, Jake Garcia, Miller Moss, Jaxon Dart and Devin brown now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
On the surface, yes. Private school, fertile recruiting ground, big city etc… but I would disagree that’s they’re the same job. USC isn’t remotely close to all the CFB powers to pluck kids every year let alone Florida or FSU.

Plus, if your a SoCal kid, your dream school is USC and you’ll hear every kid say that from 20 years ago and 20 years from now. Lot of kids love Miami but you know how it is out here. More guys loyal to USC.

LA vs. Miami is two totally different worlds too in terms of talent coming out. You can get QBs at a high clip easily at SC, not getting that that easy here at Miami. In the last few recruiting cycles, SC either got/had/ committed from JT Daniels, Matt Corral, Kedon Slovis, Bryce Young, Jake Garcia, Miller Moss, Jaxon Dart and Devin brown now.
I was talking about the city aspect, as far as the same. I mentioned that its easier to recruit at USC because they have similar amount of talent as So Fla, but they don't have 2 other in house big name programs that pouch kids. They don't have Bama, UGA, etc. going there as much either.
I was mainly talking about the city aspect. Since that is really the only pro our fans list when saying Cristobal would come here in a heartbeat. Because he doesn't want to be in the middle of nowhere. LA on the other hand, is one of the greatest cities in the world.

Advertisement
Schiano is a former player, trained under Meyer and Butch, is a better talent evaluator, developer, staff builder, schemer, and coach than Diaz, more experienced than Cristobal AND would be cheaper than Cristobal. He also was a NFL HC and guess who used to work for him- Mario Cristobal. If you want Mario, why not go with the more accomplished, less expensive option?*

*not an endorsement for Schiano or a dig at Mario, I just don't think fans would be nearly as excited if news broke that Miami was going to pay tens of millions to buy out Schianos contract from Rutgers even though you would essentially be getting a coach that is very similar to Cristobal.
Again i would take Schiano every day of the week over Mario.

Again i would take Schiano every day of the week over Mario.

interesting, why?

I was told looong ago that if Schiano never gets the Rutgers job after the 2000 season, he would've been the coach following Butch...

Advertisement
Back