Cristobal and perception

Question for the board, so Oregon beats OSU on the road and everyone is crowning Cristobal. However, the week before they barely beat Fresno State at home 31-24. Thoughts on this? I know a lot of people would take Cristobal here in a heartbeat (including me), but you know this board would have been killing him for that week 1 score.
Fresno state is a good veteran team..OSU has talent but have a new QB and was a in a 3 quarter dog vs a solid Minnesota team..still have question marks on Defense..Oregon has talent all over the field. Only question was QB. If Mario has that figured out, they SHOULD be a playoff team

Advertisement
It’s killing you that Mario keeps on winning.Yet another topic that you’re wrong on, again. Time to give it up doofus.
He’s not wrong..if ANY coach had the losses Mario has on his resume there would be banners flying and **** talking..just like we have with posters still being up 2019 losses..that’s just our fam base. Mario as a game day coach has been a question..on the trail he kills it tho

Man its not about defending Manny. He wasn't even my choice when he got hired and I couldn't care less if he got fired tomorrow if the next guy wins.

Just answer me this. Have Mario come here and replicate his exact accomplishments here. Are you seriously telling me the same chuckleheads clamoring for him today wouldn't be wanting his head 2 seconds after Fresno State tied the score in the fourth quarter last Saturday?

"How the **** do you lose to Cal and Oregon State back to back?? Mario's guys are soft and he can't get team ready!"

"Mario got schooled by Campbell and barely beat Fresno ******* State as a three TD favorite after losing to two **** teams!!!"

"He made a guy tearing up the NFL look average!"

"He backed into the P12 championship and beat a **** USC team!"

That's why it's impossible for me to take most of these guys serious. They see only what they want to see.
How do you lose to FIU and 1 win Georgia tech teams? Get shut out by LaTech in a bowl game? Oregon didn’t back their way into anything, Washington was awarded the division title by forfeiting the rest of their season, and now you see why they refused to play Oregon last season. And stop acting as if Justin Herbert was some can't miss 5 star that was ripping shytt up before Mario took over. He was barely a 3 star and his biggest offer prior to Oregon was Portland state. He won more games in ONE season under Mario than he did under Taggart and Helfrich combined! His favorite wr target was a kid by the name of Dillon Mitchell, who was so dam good he skipped his senior year for the NFL and didn't even get drafted!

It’s killing you that Mario keeps on winning.Yet another topic that you’re wrong on, again. Time to give it up doofus.

He lost to Cal and Oregon State last year, two teams that are a combined 2-11 against the rest of college football the last two seasons.

He also trailed a putrid Fresno State team with three minutes left this year.

Strange I didn't get a single @ from you for those performances isn't it?

How do you lose to FIU and 1 win Georgia tech teams? Get shut out by LaTech in a bowl game? Oregon didn’t back their way into anything, Washington was awarded the division title by forfeiting the rest of their season, and now you see why they refused to play Oregon last season. And stop acting as if Justin Herbert was some can't miss 5 star that was ripping shytt up before Mario took over. He was barely a 3 star and his biggest offer prior to Oregon was Portland state. He won more games in ONE season under Mario than he did under Taggart and Helfrich combined! His favorite wr target was a kid by the name of Dillon Mitchell, who was so dam good he skipped his senior year for the NFL and didn't even get drafted!

You make it seem like I'm endorsing one over the other. What do Manny's losses have to do with Mario's?

Mario's resume is good but he has taken multiple inexplicably bad losses. This year against Fresno State he came very close to another one. He'd be getting crucified on here for these games if he was coaching here.

That's it. That's the whole point. Stop trying to make it into a comparison.

Advertisement
You make it seem like I'm endorsing one over the other. What do Manny's losses have to do with Mario's?

Mario's resume is good but he has taken multiple inexplicably bad losses. This year against Fresno State he came very close to another one.

That's it. That's the whole point. Stop trying to make it into a comparison.
There is no comparison! Stop acting like Mario is the only coach that lost games he shouldn't have! Didn't Oklahoma lose to both K-State AND Iowa State last season? Didn’t they almost get upset by Tulane last week? Didn't Iowa State lose to the Rajun Cajuns last season? ****, even Saban lost to Louisiana Monroe in his first season!

Last edited:
I always see ignorant comments about " Nike money" here , how about go and looking at their recruiting classes pre Mario and after he arrived and get back with me. The people hating on Mario are a lot of the same people defending manny lol. Weird,a guy that's actually building a good program with an identity and great recruiting offends y'all lol. I get it.

Oregon was already built when Cristobal took over.

He lost to Cal and Oregon State last year, two teams that are a combined 2-11 against the rest of college football the last two seasons.

And he was still able to win the Pac despite the losses. And what makes you think Fresno is putrid?

Advertisement

It’s tough to win football games. Am I doing it right?

Keep holding on to that straw man though. You already know his resume. Go ahead and add an impressive win at the shoe without his top 2 defenders which I’m sure the thought of “he’s going to blow another one” crossed your mind towards the end.

You want a Cane to fail but then have no problem defending our seminole head corch. This is why people have a problem with your Mario trashing.

It’s tough to win football games. Am I doing it right?

Keep holding on to that straw man though. You already know his resume. Go ahead and add an impressive win at the shoe without his top 2 defenders which I’m sure the thought of “he’s going to blow another one” crossed your mind towards the end.

You want a Cane to fail but then have no problem defending our seminole head corch. This is why people have a problem with your Mario trashing.
Amen!

He’s not wrong..if ANY coach had the losses Mario has on his resume there would be banners flying and **** talking..just like we have with posters still being up 2019 losses..that’s just our fam base. Mario as a game day coach has been a question..on the trail he kills it tho
“Just like we have posters still bringing up 2019 losses”

we bring up 2019 losses BECAUSE NOTHINGS CHANGED

Mario has won the pac 12 and won a rose bowl. Has he lost some games he shouldn’t? Yes but please don’t relate it to this fanbase *****ing about manny’s sheer incompetence. The two are not equal no matter how hard some of y’all try

This is nothing more than a strawman. The problem is his accomplishments are being ignored and those very accomplishments provide him leeway.

4-3 during a covid year yet still with a conference title. 12-2 the previous year and add in the stacked recruiting classes. You replicate that here and talks will be of “we byke” (thought I don’t agree that should be) rather then banners flying.

Our 2019 losses are brought up because there’s zero hope for the majority to hold on to. Nothing has changed. Still the same clueless staph no matter the changes all because the most important thing is still a constant: the head corch. There would be less of that if Mandy can prove people wrong but this season is heading towards a repeat of 2019. He does not have the accomplishments to provide him any leeway.

Advertisement
There is no comparison! Stop acting like Mario is the only coach that lost games he shouldn't have! Didn't Oklahoma lose to both K-State AND Iowa State last season? Didn’t they almost get upset by Tulane last week? Didn't Iowa State lose to the Rajun Cajuns last season? ****, even Saban lost to Louisiana Monroe in his first season!

Dude do you again not see the irony in what you are typing?

It looks like CristobalInsight.com is hosting Mario’s press manager Cold Hearted Cane on the podcast tonight…. any question you’ve never had about Mario will be answered

“Just like we have posters still bringing up 2019 losses”

we bring up 2019 losses BECAUSE NOTHINGS CHANGED

Mario has won the pac 12 and won a rose bowl. Has he lost some games he shouldn’t? Yes but please don’t relate it to this fanbase *****ing about manny’s sheer incompetence. The two are not equal no matter how hard some of y’all try
That’s not the point. I think Mario is a good coach..point is if he’ was the coach here you’d still have the same *****ing about losing to less talented teams..he’s lost to OSU..that’s like us losing to FSU (worse actually) rn. It’s unacceptable. Just like the 2019 losses. And I’d argue those Oregon teams were much better off than what manny took over in 2019..he recruited well, had a top 10 pick at QB and still had questionable game day decisions that cost them games..I say all that to say we have tough fan base. That’s the point

Advertisement
That’s not the point. I think Mario is a good coach..point is if he’ was the coach here you’d still have the same *****ing about losing to less talented teams..he’s lost to OSU..that’s like us losing to FSU (worse actually) rn. It’s unacceptable. Just like the 2019 losses. And I’d argue those Oregon teams were much better off than what manny took over in 2019..he recruited well, had a top 10 pick at QB and still had questionable game day decisions that cost them games..I say all that to say we have tough fan base. That’s the point
Fair points. But I’ll take dropping a game to Virginia if that means we win the acc and a orange bowl. But I do agree

This is nothing more than a strawman. The problem is his accomplishments are being ignored and those very accomplishments provide him leeway.

4-3 during a covid year yet still with a conference title. 12-2 the previous year and add in the stacked recruiting classes. You replicate that here and talks will be of “we byke” (thought I don’t agree that should be) rather then banners flying.

Our 2019 losses are brought up because there’s zero hope for the majority to hold on to. Nothing has changed. Still the same clueless staph no matter the changes all because the most important thing is still a constant: the head corch. There would be less of that if Mandy can prove people wrong but this season is heading towards a repeat of 2019. He does not have the accomplishments to provide him any leeway.
Oh I think Mario is a good college coach.
That’s not the point. I’m not comparing Mario to Manny
If anything I’m comparing the EXPECTATIONS at Oregon vs what are the delusional expectations from a large portion of our fanbase..no matter all the rest of the good Mario had done at Oregon, if he was at Miami and lost to FSU he’d get crucified..and he lost too Oregon state..which is worse tbh

Advertisement
Back