Off-Topic Crime 2.0

Advertisement
"Progressives"
"Progressives" drove me out of the D Party decades ago. Wonder who the genius was who invented the "Defund The Police" slogan and what they think about the wreckage that they have left their Party in today? Talk about idiotic!

On the other side, Evangelicals (or is it Christian Nationalists these days), Pro-Lifers and conspiracies on/denial of election results keep me at more than an arm's length from the GOP.

"Progressives" drove me out of the D Party decades ago. Wonder who the genius was who invented the "Defund The Police" slogan and what they think about the wreckage that they have left their Party in today? Talk about idiotic!

On the other side, Evangelicals (or is it Christian Nationalists these days), Pro-Lifers and conspiracies on/denial of election results keep me at more than an arm's length from the GOP.

I understand your thought process, but then who do you vote for?

I understand your thought process, but then who do you vote for?
Theoretically, there could be a candidate in either Party I'm totally in line with. Just using the R Party as an example, that nominee would be Pro Choice, strong on total separation of church and state, not a conspiracy theorist nor election denier, pro-business, for legal immigration, support law and order, for a strong defense, etc. The first three things I listed make the reality be that I'll never see such a candidate. Same is true on the Dem side.

So, I come down to the much-maligned criterion of "character" (as I judge it to be), and how strongly I feel about where the candidate and I disagree. Which areas of disagreement (they aren't all equal) I live can with more easily, and which I may feel more strongly about.

As an example, Reagan and I disagreed on a lot of things but I proudly voted for him twice. Took me two seconds to compare him to his opponents and decide. More recently, Trump, for me, was the same in reverse.

Advertisement
Theoretically, there could be a candidate in either Party I'm totally in line with. Just using the R Party as an example, that nominee would be Pro Choice, strong on total separation of church and state, not a conspiracy theorist nor election denier, pro-business, for legal immigration, support law and order, for a strong defense, etc. The first three things I listed make the reality be that I'll never see such a candidate. Same is true on the Dem side.

So, I come down to the much-maligned criterion of "character" (as I judge it to be), and how strongly I feel about where the candidate and I disagree. Which areas of disagreement (they aren't all equal) I live can with more easily, and which I may feel more strongly about.

As an example, Reagan and I disagreed on a lot of things but I proudly voted for him twice. Took me two seconds to compare him to his opponents and decide. More recently, Trump, for me, was the same in reverse.

I could never vote for HRC or Brandon, but I do appreciate opposing views when they are well articulated, as yours are. Sadly though, "character" and "politician" are rarely correlated.

I could never vote for HRC or Brandon, but I do appreciate opposing views when they are well articulated, as yours are. Sadly though, "character" and "politician" are rarely correlated.
That's true. And, in that sense, Trump was pretty transparent (certainly more so than JFK - first politician I "rooted" for (but was too young to vote for him) - or Bill Clinton. Neither, it turned out, had much character. Reagan, otoh, appears to have been genuine. You got what you thought you were getting. Dole was another guy I had met personally and thought alot of. Unfortunately, he didn't make it to the WH.

And, there's always the option of voting for neither Pres candidate, or casting your vote while holding your nose a bit. Each person has their own limits on that.

Last edited:
That's true. And, in that sense, Trump was pretty transparent (certainly more so than JFK - first politician I "rooted" or(IB was too young to vote for him) - or Bill Clinton. Neither, it turned out, had much character. Reagan, otoh, appears to have been genuine. You got what you thought you were getting. Dole was another guy I had met personally and thought alot of. Unfortunately, he didn't make it to the WH.

And, there's always the option of voting for neither Pres candidate, or casting your vote while holding your nose a bit. Each person has their own limits on that.

Thanks again for the thoughtful reply. For me, my grandparents and parents both had to leave Communist countries, so the left to me is DANGER in general, and the "progressives" are downright Communist. I have voted for D's in the distant past, but in this new era that is impossible to do.

Advertisement
Thanks again for the thoughtful reply. For me, my grandparents and parents both had to leave Communist countries, so the left to me is DANGER in general, and the "progressives" are downright Communist. I have voted for D's in the distant past, but in this new era that is impossible to do.
You're correct.

Hillary and Biden had 'character'.... OK. lol.

Just curious... cause I think I'm like you, except on the flip side.

However, I'm not affiliated with a religion... I'm not Pro Life... I'm no a conspiracy theorist (although some said I was cause I questioned the election, which so do liberals... and I questioned Covid and all my conspiracy theories were found to be Truths in less than 6-10 months time).

But Evangelicals or ProLifers or conspiracy theorists are just the far-right portion. The left has Antifa, Jane's Revenge, Abortion lovers including infanticide, Defund the Police peeps (as you said), etc, etc, etc... which are the far-left.

You really think the far-right is more violent or extreme than the far-left??? Obviously it's your opinion... but we can compare what the far sides of conservatives and liberals and I think you'll be surprised at what side is more extreme... especially since Trump took office

Advertisement
Advertisement
Another crime today at HRS. Pathetic
8C9135FD-F268-4A99-B084-897581FAA2C7.png

Mario after the game

I think those ballot box watchers (with the semi automatics) in Arizona need to come up to the NYC subway after the midterms. If the incompetent mayor and inept governor aren’t going to do anything about crime, then someone should help out the citizens of NYC

Advertisement
Back