Off-Topic Crime 2.0

****… how jacked up did u get? Did they pay any price or the usual?
The usual... Had my head introduced to the dumpster several times and some kicks. Thankful as it could have been worse. Those were my Chicago days... had so many ugly fights (e.g., hit with a bat, thrown in barbed wire, attempted stabbings, 3 on 1, 20 on 7, 14 on 3, etc.). I am glad I left that part of Chicago.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The usual... Had my head introduced to the dumpster several times and some kicks. Thankful as it could have been worse. Those were my Chicago days... so many ugly fights (e.g., hit with a bat, thrown in barbed wire, attempted stabbings, 3 on 1, 20 on 7, 14 on 3, etc.). I am glad I left that part of Chicago.
Chicago has seen better days… those days are LOOOOONG gone

Some large population losses for some cities in just a couple of years.....

This gives a more complete picture on the data by supplying greatest loss in raw numbers, greatest loss by percentage, as well as changes between 2020-21 and 2021-22 data.

Bwahahahahahaha!

No, this is not Babylon Bee!

image_2023-05-22_131752595.png

Advertisement
Some large population losses for some cities in just a couple of years.....

WSJ summed it up nicely.

The thing is... you really have to compare against 2020. That's when cities defunded the police, allowed riots to go off the rails and big cities had totalitarian mandates imposed on it's citizens (while mayors did whatever they wanted... cause they can, and idiots will continue to vote for them). People are still moving out of course, but it's never gonna be at the rate as 2020-2021

image_2023-05-22_141635757.png

WSJ summed it up nicely.

The thing is... you really have to compare against 2020. That's when cities defunded the police, allowed riots to go off the rails and big cities had totalitarian mandates imposed on it's citizens (while mayors did whatever they wanted... cause they can, and idiots will continue to vote for them). People are still moving out of course, but it's never gonna be at the rate as 2020-2021

View attachment 239279

Portland and Seattle are likewise losing, Buffalo is half the size it was 50 years ago, plus Baltimore, Detroit, Cleveland, Los Angeles, etc. And the list goes on an on.

BTW, some formerly hot blue cities in red states are now losing steam, specifically thinking of Austin and Atlanta.

Advertisement
Portland and Seattle are likewise losing, Buffalo is half the size it was 50 years ago, plus Baltimore, Detroit, Cleveland, Los Angeles, etc. And the list goes on an on.

BTW, some formerly hot blue cities in red states are now losing steam, specifically thinking of Austin and Atlanta.

Curious, where everyone moving and who controls those cities? Aren't most cities Dem??

Curious, where everyone moving and who controls those cities? Aren't most cities Dem??

There has been a trend for many years for retirees to move to warmer weather and cheaper cost of living, i.e. the Sunbelt. In the last 20+ years, as the south grew, it also attracted blue and white collar employees. Covid dramatically accelerated those trends, and major companies are now relocating to the Sun Belt.

Last week I toured a brand new Class A MF building in downtown WPB that is 22% leased after only 6 weeks....historically, the goal is to reach 80% occupancy at the end of 18 months, so to be that high after six weeks is insane, and shows robust demand. A twin of that building is going up in downtown Fort Lauderdale.

Advertisement
There has been a trend for many years for retirees to move to warmer weather and cheaper cost of living, i.e. the Sunbelt. In the last 20+ years, as the south grew, it also attracted blue and white collar employees. Covid dramatically accelerated those trends, and major companies are now relocating to the Sun Belt.

Last week I toured a brand new Class A MF building in downtown WPB that is 22% leased after only 6 weeks....historically, the goal is to reach 80% occupancy at the end of 18 months, so to be that high after six weeks is insane, and shows robust demand. A twin of that building is going up in downtown Fort Lauderdale.

Aren’t Ft Lauderdale and WPB Dem cities?

I think Phoenix is would bet Tucson is too.

Aren’t Ft Lauderdale and WPB Dem cities?

I think Phoenix is would bet Tucson is too.

I can only speak about the Florida counties; both were overwhelmingly blue until recent years, but PBC went for Desantis, and it was very close in Broward. For the most part, both counties are very business friendly.

Plus, there are no defund the police calls, no rent control initiatives, etc. etc. Very different than other cities.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I can only speak about the Florida counties; both were overwhelmingly blue until recent years, but PBC went for Desantis, and it was very close in Broward. For the most part, both counties are very business friendly.

Plus, there are no defund the police calls, no rent control initiatives, etc. etc. Very different than other cities.
People are generally okay with a little crazy. But when criminals are emboldened by a lack of consequence, people tend to think the local government only sees them as a source of income and goes somewhere safer.

Advertisement
Back