Cribby's Predictions (aka Steph's zone)

Advertisement
I’ve hinted at this one for awhile. Ole Miss and UL have been on him hard. I was hoping since it got quiet maybe things chilled out.
For us non insiders, how do you find out what schools are contacting a player? Seems like it’s obvious but didn’t know if players talk or how that becomes public knowledge to insiders.

Sad to see him go but he was not utilized properly. Falls squarely on Dawson and Mario's shoulders on this one. Don'r blame the kid one iota about leaving. Just like Chris Johnson Jr and another case of offensive coaching incompetence.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
For us non insiders, how do you find out what schools are contacting a player? Seems like it’s obvious but didn’t know if players talk or how that becomes public knowledge to insiders.

A lot of back channeling through 7vs7 Coaches, Parents, ex HS teammates, HS Coaches or even Ex. School Assistants..

Coach Kevin Smith - "Yo B - nice game the other day... you good?
B Smith - Ah Coach - I think i need more touches
KS - Word! We could use you here? Think about it - Coach Kiff likes your game
B. Smith - BET.. is the money straight?
KS - Sheeet - all our starters are straight..
B . Smith - See you in Jan...

JC

DatePredictionOutcomeVerdict
12/19I’ve hinted at this one [Brashard portaling out] for awhile. Ole Miss and UL have been on him hard. I was hoping since it got quiet maybe things chilled out.

I actually agree. We have Ray Ray and Robby who can slot right in. Plus, the wideouts coming in are better than him.

Smith is a Swiss Army knife, so that hurts a little.
And CJ as well can get some of those gadget plays.

I think we've got 3 guys who can do mostly what Brashard could do that are "Mario guys". And Brashard hasn't shown enough to force the staff to beg him and negotiate for him to stay. Plus we probably need the room on the roster anyways.

And CJ as well can get some of those gadget plays.

I think we've got 3 guys who can do mostly what Brashard could do that are "Mario guys". And Brashard hasn't shown enough to force the staff to beg him and negotiate for him to stay. Plus we probably need the room on the roster anyways.
I have it at 4 at least in some ways:
X, Ray Ray, Washington, CJ

With Hellcat and Carr on the way.

Advertisement
Not losing sleep over Brashard Smith.

My take: has the skills to help us but wasn't given many chances to help us. That could be due to mental mistakes(dog house), TVD, or any number of reasons.

My bigger issue: Young was a Mario guy and dipped on us over ~$100k. He was also poorly used (lack of targets in the redzone) but didn't cost us games with mental mistakes.

This leaves us with X, George, Horton, Ray Ray, Washington + freshmen. Even if we land the top WR class in the country, I would like another BIG for out wide.

Advertisement
We need ballers, and Brashard is a baller. That said, Robby, Ray Ray, Ny, CJ and Hellcat are also ballers that can slide into anything we'd have Brashard doing. So as much as I was and am a huge B Smith fan, I think we won't miss a beat.

The bigger issue is we need to open up the playbook more and get these guys more targets in space.

All the WR talk is great but none of it matters i we haven't got someone to throw them the ball.... I have faith we'll get one ( I hope) , it's just guys are starting to come off the board rather quickly now... If by chance we don't get Ward what our realistic options at that point???
Does Jacurri come back?? Does it matter??
Will Emory be ready?? Does it matter???
It would just be nice to get the QB part over with and let the rest of the pieces fall into place.... Hopefully this gets done soon...

Yeah really have to question Dawson on how he used Smith. First Dawson keeps trotting out terrible TEs that can neither block nor catch. Then he has an dynamic WR who has big time play maker abilities, and Dawson barely gets the ball into hands. In the NC St game when TVD couldn't throw the ball into the ocean, I don't know why Dawson didn't try the wildcat with Smith. After FSU lost Travis, Norvell went to the a few times to generate offense and it worked. Dawson doesn't impress me with creativity.
Using Cam McCormick when we need to pass was the most infuriating and baffling thing. And it wasnt like he was blocking, he was running routes. It was a travesty. They better fix that ****

Advertisement
Back