Cribby’s keys to UNC

Advertisement
This.

Pace and tempo get confused.

We had a set of plays for different looks each drive last year and TVD would just change at the LOS. I don’t know if we have anything like that or if what we do have isn’t in TVDs comfort zone.

Either way we need to play to HIS strengths. IDK what anyone says about Gattis/Moorehead, they both have a part of the playbook based off air raid concepts, just need to let TVD get into a rhythm before dialing up the runs. Then RPO that *****.

Defense will be fine imo. I know I’m in the minority, but I’m black so I’m used to it.

We rolled up to MTSU high as **** and didn’t wake up till it was to league, then fell back asleep.

The defense that showed up to College Station will be the one I expect to see. ****ed off, out to prove something, and most importantly, embarrassed as all ****.

This is the signature game. This is where we can etch our identity in stone. And I think they do.
1845D1A7-B757-4E63-BD16-2E86F988A3DC.png

This.

Pace and tempo get confused.

We had a set of plays for different looks each drive last year and TVD would just change at the LOS. I don’t know if we have anything like that or if what we do have isn’t in TVDs comfort zone.

Either way we need to play to HIS strengths. IDK what anyone says about Gattis/Moorehead, they both have a part of the playbook based off air raid concepts, just need to let TVD get into a rhythm before dialing up the runs. Then RPO that *****.

Defense will be fine imo. I know I’m in the minority, but I’m black so I’m used to it.

We rolled up to MTSU high as **** and didn’t wake up till it was to league, then fell back asleep.

The defense that showed up to College Station will be the one I expect to see. ****ed off, out to prove something, and most importantly, embarrassed as all ****.

This is the signature game. This is where we can etch our identity in stone. And I think they do.
What’s your take @JHallCanes

Its game week and time to finally step away from the debacle of two weeks ago. IMO this game is huge and on many different levels, long term and the short. I only see two ways the season can go and I believe this game will play a huge part in which direction.

Keys to the game

1. Fast start.

This is huge just for peoples mentality, fans included. A big play early to get some “ feel good” on the sideline. A three and out or turnover would be perfect.

My season tickets this year are right behind the visitor's bench (40 yard line - row 7). Ive never sat on the visitor's side before.

Interestingly, in the MTSU game you could see the MTSU team looking kind of skittish in the pregame. Then after they jumped up 10-0 early in the 1st quarter you could see their whole sideline start acting a lot more loose. When the game went to a TV timeout after the pick six and the stadium started bumping music, you could see the MTSU players bouncing on the sideline, looking at each other, high fiving random teammates, etc...

The importance of a fast start cannot be overstated in any game of significance. In my opinion MTSU didn't start playing well until after that pick six where they went up 10-0.

Advertisement
They’ve been doing it. That’s how X broke his foot.
Staying after practice is one thing but X and now Ladson have been doing it on their own time. Not just practice or after practice. Tbh if you aren’t staying after practice as a skill guy or qb at any level its kinda sus Imo. Especially if you’re a key guy.

X‘s work ethic is why some guys clowned him last year. Which is wild.

Staying after practice is one thing but X and now Ladson have been doing it on their own time. Not just practice or after practice. Tbh if you aren’t staying after practice as a skill guy or qb at any level its kinda sus Imo. Especially if you’re a key guy.

Guys in the TEAM? **** that work ethic is gonna have that man paid for a long time.

Yeah , we aren’t scraping the entire offense in a bye week lol but I‘m pretty sure there’ll be noticeable adjustments made.
Cribby, does Gattis have the wherewithal and humility to make the proper adjustments? I'm getting this Dan Enos vibe from him, where he is the smartest guy in the room, and it's everyone else's fault that can't execute the brilliance that he drew up.

Advertisement
Cribby, does Gattis have the wherewithal and humility to make the proper adjustments? I'm getting this Dan Enos vibe from him, where he is the smartest guy in the room, and it's everyone else's fault that can't execute the brilliance that he drew up.
I’ve went scorched earth cribby weeks ago. I don’t want to revisit that lol. In my Drew Rosenhaus voice “ next question “? We can hope he does.

Last edited:

He was made fun of for working hard and doing things that nfl receivers do? Man this culture is more broken than I thought

Well if guys like Redding, Brinson, George, and B. Smith were included in that they could all **** right off. None of them have done **** during their time here except drop passes and get suspended.

Advertisement
The DL is going to win this game.

If they can get pressure with 4 consistently (which they can) and play zone with the numbers advantage like @Cribby said, it’ll be a long game for UNC.

If there was a player prop I’d take in this game, I’d take D. Jackson for 3 TFL’s and a sack.

He’s going to pink sock Corey Gaynor’s scrubby ***.

Advertisement
Yeah , we aren’t scraping the entire offense in a bye week lol but I‘m pretty sure there’ll be noticeable adjustments made.
Agree and when we have advantage outside give TVD an easy completion and use it as extension of the run game. Don’t run into stacked boxes.

This is one game where ling drives could be good and playing a little slower to keep their offense off the field.

What’s your take @JHallCanes
I gotta be honest I have no clue

I thought the way we played physical against A&M would bode well against UNC

UNC defense is nowhere near as physical in the secondary as A&M

I think Steele will have the D ready to play. I didn’t like some of his comments leading up to the MTSU game (not against him the person but it seemed like he was concerned with MTSU varied attack)

If TVD can hit the big plays we’ve been missing then that’s a game changer

Gattis doesn’t seem to scheme a ton of big plays, but there’s ones to be had. UNC defense is pretty suspect though the team really has some good talent

Their defense is bad, but then again so is our offense, if we can run the ball and keep their QB on the sidelines we might have a chance.
I'm also onboard with the not shooting ourselves in the foot early crap...killed us the last two games.

Advertisement
Back