Cribby’s Corner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I remember reading somewhere on Twitter that UF has some weird people recruiting South Florida who don't do a good job. Any truth to that?

1594559273947.jpeg

I’ve been teasing with the Leonard Taylor talk the last couple months , I said we were back in it and in a big way, yet there was doubts. Now everyone is saying this. Well it’s time to **** or get off the pot, so I’m bringing back the cribbystal. I’m going to “ predict “ him to UM with a 9 confidence. Unless there’s an unexpected change I could see a commitment before Aug. Of course this is just a guess on my part, I know nothing.

Btw I’m sure there’ll be a run on cb’s by my friends elsewhere.

Also Kitchens and Smith were my next two commitments , we’re half way home.
Any idea on a timeframe for Smith? Are we looking at another month spacing, or potentially sooner?

Lol at NFL TE Coach....And??
Someone with 5 years of Coaching experienced in the NFL as a TE coach can't be all that bad. If he was as bad as y'all say he would of got fired after a year and wouldn't get another position job. NFL teams aren't going to hire a TE coach who has no idea how to coach TEs. Brewster has even been a Head Coach at Minnesota for 3 years so he must have some football knowledge

Advertisement
Golden wasn’t a bad coach, he was just stubborn as **** and a horrific fit here

He’d be a perfect coach for a Temple, Rutgers, Vandy, UVA, etc

If you’re stubborn as **** you’re not a good coach.

I can’t think of any bright spots in his coaching.

He was blindly loyal - which the worst thing you can be. His schemes on both side of the ball sucked. He couldn’t adapt and recruited like **** most of the time.

He wouldn’t be good anywhere

Advertisement
Question for Cribby, LCE or anybody with true access to the program...

Telly Lockette. What's the deal?

I'm hearing (unsubstantiated) rumors that Lockette is helping out in some capacity. That man has strong connections in South Florida so it wouldn't surprise me if he is contributing to our success behind the scenes.

Is it just wishful thinking by a few?

If it can't be discussed on a message board then so be it.

There’s Legit interest , not sure what’s going on with him and uga but if they want him bad enough they’ll get him. That’s just my opinion and seeing how their recruiting work$.

It seems that every year Jawja selects one recruit as their "must have" and will literally do just about anything to get him. Last year it was the TE from Vegas, not sure if its Williams this year, but if it is, they will break their budget to get him.

Someone with 5 years of Coaching experienced in the NFL as a TE coach can't be all that bad. If he was as bad as y'all say he would of got fired after a year and wouldn't get another position job. NFL teams aren't going to hire a TE coach who has no idea how to coach TEs. Brewster has even been a Head Coach at Minnesota for 3 years so he must have some football knowledge
You could coach TEs in the NFL. All you need is a buddy who is the HC of the team who owes you a favor or wants to do you a solid.

Advertisement
Da Bears.gif

If you’re stubborn as **** you’re not a good coach.

I can’t think of any bright spots in his coaching.

He was blindly loyal - which the worst thing you can be. His schemes on both side of the ball sucked. He couldn’t adapt and recruited like **** most of the time.

He wouldn’t be good anywhere

They are spare parts up there. In CT, i know a few crock fans...........and i hate them! Losing to Florida hurts more then losing to anyone. I want them on the schedule badly!

What part of Ct(God's country) are you?

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Golden wasn’t a bad coach, he was just stubborn as **** and a horrific fit here

He’d be a perfect coach for a Temple, Rutgers, Vandy, UVA, etc
Really? “Stubborn as ****” your words. I’ll assume it’s because he wouldn’t change his defensive coordinator or the scheme to fit his personnel. I’m pretty sure that bad hires, schemes and losing games to less talented teams is the definition of a bad coach. He was lucky that temple stepped down in competition after he was hired. His wins there were a result of right place right time, not coaching. It’s why he’s never come close to touching a real coaching job again. So respectfully I disagree. He was an idiot and the definition of a poor head coach. He couldn’t make the leadership decisions to put his team in a position to win. I’m not even sure he’s a serviceable TE coach. He lost me when he failed to keep Teddy. A good leader, coach and recruiter finds a way to keep him and his friends. He lost them all before the Nevin **** kicked in. He was an elitist and arrogant. That’s first hand. He didn’t relate to the kids, parents or anyone who didn’t think he was what he viewed himself to be.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back